Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

Well, I bought my way back into the Fat Rob party under the very real possibility that the Skins are going to try controlling some clock this year.  Week one was a debacle so the sample size is basically the Rams game, but if you are considering dropping or he's on your wire I think you give the situation a couple more weeks to mature.

14 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Well, I bought my way back into the Fat Rob party under the very real possibility that the Skins are going to try controlling some clock this year.  Week one was a debacle so the sample size is basically the Rams game, but if you are considering dropping or he's on your wire I think you give the situation a couple more weeks to mature.

He looked great in the first half last week. I think I'm leaning towards benching this week but I still like his ROS outlook. 

If he practices fully today, I'm all in Sunday. If he's limited again, I'm thinking about sitting him for fear of a reduced workload.

I hate overthinking things like that. But it all depends on your options.

Edited by Fiveohnine

practicing again today but arnt you guys somewhat worried of how that game could panout? Gruden tends to stay away from the run as soon as they're slightly behind

RW blurb hate continues to run rampant. The keep saying Perine impressed last week, lol.

I am not worried too much about game script, I think the skins get back on track and leaning on Rob is a good way to do so-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kelley practice all week? I'm very disappointed and perplexed by this news, especially since I picked him up yesterday to help with my shallow RB depth. It seems I made that move for nothing. This is a frustrating development.

Anyone holding on to him? I feel like dropping him for a sleeper or a handcuff.

Ugh.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

I hope people held. It is obvious Perine is NOT the answer to anything, and WAS coaches know it.

Rob will hopefully be back this week and resume his normal lions share of the carries.

682 total yards and 6 TD's in 9 games after he took over the starting backfield last year. That's not bad. He's definitely better than Perine, so hopefully he comes back next week.

Buying low where I can. He's a guy you can get for near pennies right now.

He will be useful after their bye next week. Can see them sitting him out again to get him healthy this weekend, however.

Edited by Deadpool

16 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Will this help his ROS outlook?

should i start this week?

his outlook just spiked...In seriousness it is nice to hear he may have a good head on his shoulders and does things like this. It may be incremental but a guy being a headcase and getting in fights or arrested does bring down value. 

11 minutes ago, stevekerr01 said:

his outlook just spiked...In seriousness it is nice to hear he may have a good head on his shoulders and does things like this. It may be incremental but a guy being a headcase and getting in fights or arrested does bring down value. 

it's nice when they're nice guys but it doesnt matter on the field. i just found out tyreek hill beat the s--- out of his pregnant girlfriend (choking her, punching her in the stomach) and was actually found guilty. dude still lights it up every sunday.

hope fatrob can bring some good vibes to my line up tho.

dug that Gamestop story. cancelled all my Kelley trade offers ;)

seriously though, what are the chances this guy is genuinely good? Is there upside to be a top 10 runningback if things break right? 

My gut is that he's a low end RB2... 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

He's looked pretty good when he's in there, but man this guy can't stay healthy. I'm going to need to see him actually finish a game before I can consider putting him back in my lineup.

The upside is that Perine has looked AWFUL. I own both so I'm not biased. Nothing impressive about his running style and seems to have major ball security issues. It wouldn't surprise me if they start using Mack Brown over him. So IF Kelley can stay healthy he should continue to get the majority of the 1st/2nd down touches. 

Ha. Kelly was a cheap keeper for me, drafted Perine as the cuff, inevitable future. Dropped Perine last week. That's a darn good Oline to have such crappy production behind.... Add in ball security issues.... Hard pass. Not this year. Kelly will be the man if he can get right over the bye.

He was running pretty good and hard before his ankle injury.

I'm defintivly holding, he has no value for trade right now, but I think he can definitvly trun it out after the bye.

He will be my flex week 6 against SF.

decent matchup this week but a lot of questions

how confident are we to put him back in there?

theres a lot of questionable start options from WW adds (the mcguires brieda of the world)

anyone super confident? if hes active i feel like im gonna toss him in there