Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Pretty close to cutting this guy. Looking like an injury bust. And his schedule isn't too good. Particularly in the playoffs.

We don't even really know what the extent of his injury is, Chris Thompson has been perfectly adequate for what the Skins want to do anyway, and again he had some vague ankle injury that could continue to cost him more weeks.

Bye is over and this dude is not playing - thinking he's a universal drop and would love for someone to tell how wrong I am.

I'm holding for now. I still believe in Fat Rob. Seems close to returning, even if he does sit out this week. Think he can be an RB2 most weeks ROS. Perine hasn't impressed, so this is still clearly Kelley's job when healthy. Call me crazy, but I'd actually take him over Chris Thompson ROS, and I'm in a PPR.

3 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I'm holding for now. I still believe in Fat Rob. Seems close to returning, even if he does sit out this week. Think he can be an RB2 most weeks ROS. Perine hasn't impressed, so this is still clearly Kelley's job when healthy. Call me crazy, but I'd actually take him over Chris Thompson ROS, and I'm in a PPR.

Like I said was looking for different perspective so appreciate it. There is a part of me (+/- 35%) that thinks this way.

I think Kelley and Perine have disappointed, but Perine has more upside. Even if Kelley came back 100% healthy with a favorable schedule, you know what he is: RB2/3. Perine if healthy has a decent shot to be an RB2. I think the goal has always been to replace Kelley. It might be permanent after this week.

5 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Sam Perijine is replacement level talent. Chris Thompson is best served as gadget player that shouldn't carry the majority of the workload. Fat Rob if healthy can get you similar Alfred Morris production few years ago.

1 minute ago, Newtown said:

I think Kelley and Perine have disappointed, but Perine has more upside. Even if Kelley came back 100% healthy with a favorable schedule, you know what he is: RB2/3. Perine if healthy has a decent shot to be an RB2. I think the goal has always been to replace Kelley. It might be permanent after this week.

Have you see Perine play? He is absolutely dreadful and is a replacement level talent.

I'd like to think a healthy Kelley should be getting the goal line love in a high powered O and scoring points by virtue of falling forward.  Does anyone have any insight on the severity of his injury?

Debating whether to drop Kelley for Perine...

4 minutes ago, the12thman said:

Have you see Perine play? He is absolutely dreadful and is a replacement level talent.

Yes I have. He's been lousy so far in the NFL, but was pretty talented in college. Like a previous poster mentioned earlier, he seems to operate better from the shotgun. Hopefully a bye week and better game plan can help him progress as a runner. But he has ills that the San Francisco defense can fix. At least for this week.

Edited by Newtown
Typo

6 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Like I said was looking for different perspective so appreciate it. There is a part of me (+/- 35%) that thinks this way.

No problem, anytime. ?? Kelley is still owned in 52 percent of Yahoo leagues, so plenty of other people are still holding too. That includes waiting out his injury, his bye week, underwhelming early season production, and bad news early this week. Of course, Perine suddenly blowing up and turning this into a timeshare or Rob missing several more weeks could change the equation, but for now I'm sticking with my man Rob.

7 minutes ago, the12thman said:

Really have to agree very strongly yes he sucks.

6 minutes ago, enigk said:

I'd like to think a healthy Kelley should be getting the goal line love in a high powered O and scoring points by virtue of falling forward.  Does anyone have any insight on the severity of his injury?

Debating whether to drop Kelley for Perine...

I wouldn't do it...if you want to handcuff Rob with Perine for this week, do it based on the matchup but drop someone else instead to open up a spot. There's a solid chance Perine won't be useable after this week.

3 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Yes I have. He's been lousy so far in the NFL, but was pretty talented in college. Like a previous poster mentioned earlier, he seems to operate better from the shotgun. Hopefully a bye week and better game plan can help him progress as a runner. But he has ills that the San Francisco defense can fix. At least for this week.

Yeah - and that's my concern. Let's say PEEEE-rine feasts on SF - does that make me think he's going to do the same vs @PHI, DAL @SEA AND MIN? I'm looking long term here and thinking just pulling the cord and getting out of this backfield altogether is the play unless you own CT.

4 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Yeah - and that's my concern. Let's say PEEEE-rine feasts on SF - does that make me think he's going to do the same vs @PHI, DAL @SEA AND MIN? I'm looking long term here and thinking just pulling the cord and getting out of this backfield altogether is the play unless you own CT.

The difference is that Kelley has actually produced in this backfield, whereas Perine has not. Too bad that Kelley's probably going to sit, though. I have both Zeke and Shady on a bye, so could have really used him. And SF is indeed a tasty matchup.

5 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Appears like a HAS. Had a bye to get healthy and still not practicing. Could be multi week.

high ankle?

dropped Fat Rob picked up Perine

byes are hell

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

high ankle?

dropped Fat Rob picked up Perine

byes are hell

I mean it's not confirmed but that's what it appears like to me. 

Yea gonna give perrine a shot. All it seems is that it would take one big game and this would be samajes backfield. We'll see

47 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Yea gonna give perrine a shot. All it seems is that it would take one big game and this would be samajes backfield. We'll see

How? Fat rob has the trust of his coaches and they’ve consistently reiterated he’s their work horse back. Just cause Perrine has one good game doesn’t mean it’s his back field. It’s Kelley’s job to lose. Perrine hasn’t impressed thus far and has fumbling issues. Kelley isn’t flashy but he gets the job done and minimizes errors. That’s what the coaches want in a RB, especially on a team who’s focal point is their QB. 

5 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

How? Fat rob has the trust of his coaches and they’ve consistently reiterated he’s their work horse back. Just cause Perrine has one good game doesn’t mean it’s his back field. It’s Kelley’s job to lose. Perrine hasn’t impressed thus far and has fumbling issues. Kelley isn’t flashy but he gets the job done and minimizes errors. That’s what the coaches want in a RB, especially on a team who’s focal point is their QB. 

Im just saying durability is a concern, and they drafted Perine for a reAson.if he explodes this week, and is very impressive, i think he would be the starter.. gut feel thats all

Own both. Perine had been unimpressive and has fumbled twice, although one was a solid helmet to the hand, the other was a drive killer and potentially cost them the W. I had dropped Perine for Doctson before the game because I had seen enough of him.

I find it odd for Gruden to go right back to him out of the bye. Makes me wonder if he hasn't progressed? I'm holding Kelly, but suspect Perine may actually show up this week. Had to cuff him again.

50 minutes ago, giveup813 said:

Own both. Perine had been unimpressive and has fumbled twice, although one was a solid helmet to the hand, the other was a drive killer and potentially cost them the W. I had dropped Perine for Doctson before the game because I had seen enough of him.

I find it odd for Gruden to go right back to him out of the bye. Makes me wonder if he hasn't progressed? I'm holding Kelly, but suspect Perine may actually show up this week. Had to cuff him again.

Who else would he go to?  Gruden already said Kelley is unlikely to be ready to play Sunday.

7 hours ago, jpars82 said:

Who else would he go to?  Gruden already said Kelley is unlikely to be ready to play Sunday.

Mack Brown. Plus CT has his role locked up. Gruden moved on from Matt Jones pretty quick..... he hates fumbles. That last fumble on the pitch cost them, or was at least a big part of, that lose. Yet they seem confident with Perine again. He 'should' still be in the doghouse for the week 4 fumble. Yet Gruden has named him the lead. Maybe it clicked over the bye and as mentioned, he didn't have a fumble problem prior. Own both.... could care less as long as 1 of them is the guy instead of 2 guys 50/50

On 10/11/2017 at 10:38 PM, Newtown said:

He's been lousy so far in the NFL, but was pretty talented in college.

I just want to make the case known, that the majority of the players in the NFL killed it in college. Perine is the OU all-time rushing leader, but I think if Murray had the same amount of volume in a 3 year span, he probably would be holding. 

Montee Ball is top-3 in rushing TDs for crying out loud. Not to say that Perine cannot succeed, but this argument doesn't really show much. 

13 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I just want to make the case known, that the majority of the players in the NFL killed it in college. Perine is the OU all-time rushing leader, but I think if Murray had the same amount of volume in a 3 year span, he probably would be holding. 

Montee Ball is top-3 in rushing TDs for crying out loud. Not to say that Perine cannot succeed, but this argument doesn't really show much. 

Don't be so quick to rush to judgment. Perine has averaged over 5+ yds a carry out of the shotgun so far in the NFL pretty much the only formation he ran out of in college at OU. 

He is still learning how to run out of the I form and last game was his best showing yet. Averaging 4+ out of that formation. He's since had two more weeks to work on improving... People might be in for a surprise.