Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Don't be so quick to rush to judgment. Perine has averaged over 5+ yds a carry out of the shotgun so far in the NFL pretty much the only formation he ran out of in college at OU. 

He is still learning how to run out of the I form and last game was his best showing yet. Averaging 4+ out of that formation. He's since had two more weeks to work on improving... People might be in for a surprise. 

I hope I am wrong, because he was fun to watch the few times I watched him at OU.

Unrelated, but somewhat related - imagine if we had a player who is capable at the shotgun like Perine, who can run the I-formation like AP, and who can catch like Murray. I thought of this when Perine was drafted, and I'm not really sure why... But it's kinda cool to think about.

Anyone else think Rob is gearing up for a big 2nd half of the season? He should be ready to roll, Perine has shown absolutely nothing, and Thompson is not an every down back. Those of us that have held this long should be seeing some payoff here pretty soon, no?

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Anyone else think Rob is gearing up for a big 2nd half of the season? He should be ready to roll, Perine has shown absolutely nothing, and Thompson is not an every down back. Those of us that have held this long should be seeing some payoff here pretty soon, no?

Not really. I hope so... but no. Maybe some RB3 value is expected, but not a “big second half”.

Edited by hangin n wangin

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Not really. I hope so... but no. Maybe some RB3 value is expected, but not a “big second half”.

I guess I’m using the term “big” loosely, lol. I mean big compared to what he’s produced so far. Not a top 5 or even top 10 guy mind you, but probably a decent RB2 most weeks. Is that expecting too much?

4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I guess I’m using the term “big” loosely, lol. I mean big compared to what he’s produced so far. Not a top 5 or even top 10 guy mind you, but probably a decent RB2 most weeks. Is that expecting too much?

Personally, I wouldn’t want him as my RB2, but at least he will get the 1st and 2nd down carries, along with the goal line carries. He is a serviceable bye week filler IMO when healthy.

Edited by hangin n wangin

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Personally, I wouldn’t want him as my RB2, but at least he will get the 1st and 2nd down carries, along with the goal line carries. He is a serviceable bye week filler IMO when healthy.

Can't even count on that with Perine in the picture. Only player in that backfield worth starting in any format, but especially PPR of course, is Thompson. You won't be able to swallow all of Fat Rob's TD-less sub-50-yard performances. :wacko:

7 hours ago, frog34 said:

Can't even count on that with Perine in the picture. Only player in that backfield worth starting in any format, but especially PPR of course, is Thompson. You won't be able to swallow all of Fat Rob's TD-less sub-50-yard performances. :wacko:

I highlight doubt Perine will even be in the picture once Kelley returns. He might get a carry or two but that's about it. He absolutely failed to take advantage while Kelley has been out. The fact that Gruden gave Thompson 16 carries last week shows how little faith he has in Perine. The Perine show is over. And thank God, because it was a s---y one.

I know there is a good number of people who don't like Kelley. He isn't flashy, people call him "fat rob" etc. but the reality is he's a solid RB.  He's not an elite RB but he gets the job done.  I'm looking forward to a solid 2nd half of the season for him.  I'm not expecting huge/elite numbers but as a flex or a bye week fill-in I think he's going to be pretty solid with a chance at some red zone TDs each week.

regardless of who (Kelley/Perine) gets burn Monday night, it's a 100% Thompson game ... i think the Carolina RBs had a total of 2 yds rushing last Thursday night, while CMC lit 'em up for 10/100/1 through the air (Cam ran for 70/1). 

that Philly run D is no joke.  

still think Rob is easily the guy going forward over Perine, but you'd be better served looking elsewhere this week for either guy. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

regardless of who (Kelley/Perine) gets burn Monday night, it's a 100% Thompson game ... i think the Carolina RBs had a total of 2 yds rushing last Thursday night, while CMC lit 'em up for 10/100/1 through the air (Cam ran for 70/1). 

that Philly run D is no joke.  

still think Rob is easily the guy going forward over Perine, but you'd be better served looking elsewhere this week for either guy. 

I agree. I'm going to sit him this week and see how it goes. Thompson is still the play here but Kelley could make some noise if they get some red zone touches. Still too early for me to feel confident in him but the rest of season I am optimistic his touches will increase.  Thompson isn't build to pound the ball and WSH is better with both RBs playing and sharing the load.

First thing Kelly needs to do is make it through a whole game without getting injured.  

After he does that we can talk about his prospects.

In reality, he's barely played this year and has probably moved farther ahead of Perine....I just think Perine has looked terrible.

Hopefully Kelley can get back on the field, get healthy and have a solid second half.  But even still, his upside seems very limited with Thompson around.

When healthy Rob is a great guy to have as your 3rd RB that can fill in on bye weeks and be the occassional flex play. If your roster is solid everywhere else and he's your RB2, you could do worse.  He's going to get about 15 carries a game, won't catch many passes, and will get most of the GL carries.  Nuff said!

Let's face it:  These minor injuries destroyed Kelley's season for fantasy owners.

His value was going to be in the first half of the season when he had easy matchups.  I drafted him to fill in for Doug Martin and he failed miserably.  Weeks 7-16 he has 5 brutal matchups, 3 slightly tough matchups, and 2 easy games.  Given his mediocre talent and the offense's general mediocrity, he's an RB4 ROS.  And that's if he gets 100% healthy RIGHT NOW.

4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I agree. I'm going to sit him this week and see how it goes. Thompson is still the play here but Kelley could make some noise if they get some red zone touches. Still too early for me to feel confident in him but the rest of season I am optimistic his touches will increase.  Thompson isn't build to pound the ball and WSH is better with both RBs playing and sharing the load.

I think you have to sit Kelley his first game back regardless.  But looking ahead I'm expecting bigger things from him.  Perine didn't do anything to deserve more work, and Thompson's role is still limited to the 3rd-down / pass-catching back.  At least that's the way I see it.

Peeeerine was trash - I drafted Peeeerine and everything and long since dropped him. It's Kelley or no one - that is obvious at this point. 

Obviously put an asterisk next to Thompson but that's a whole new discussion.

8 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Peeeerine was trash - I drafted Peeeerine and everything and long since dropped him. It's Kelley or no one - that is obvious at this point. 

Obviously put an asterisk next to Thompson but that's a whole new discussion.

All three will get a good amount of playing time, limiting all of their value. Perrine doesn't do much with his touches, but he is extremely strong and runs very hard. Skins use him and Kelley to bludgeon the defense so that they loosen the defensive line gradually and their play action passing gets a boost.

They are not going to stop using Perrine if RKelly is back

1a Kelley

1b Perrine

Thompson - Weapon X

Just now, Conscious Pilot said:

Perrine

I love your "wishful spelling/pronunciation" of dude's name.

For the record that's kind of how I thought it was pronounced.

3 minutes ago, Pat Patriot said:

Anyone holding this dude after last night? I am losing faith.

I am, nothing better on the WW, but not feeling confident as Thompson is the guy to own.

I keep him if one of my back gets injured, they already have passed their bye, so ...

The Eagles have been doing that to all opposing running backs.  It's a good sign for Kelley that Perine was apparently active but did not touch the ball during the game.

19 minutes ago, Unbreakable said:

I would say he is a good hold. He had the double whammy of facing a tough run defense and being in a negative game script.

pretty much my thought, he didnt look bad running the ball at times. He was getting blasted in the backfield on a lot of his runs.

It looks like a Vikings situation.

I think R Kelly will have a good game or two depending on the defense, but the guy to probably own is Thompson.

Was kinda weird to see Kelly on the hurry up offense and he did make a nice catch. So that was promising.

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

It looks like a Vikings situation.

I think R Kelly will have a good game or two depending on the defense, but the guy to probably own is Thompson.

Was kinda weird to see Kelly on the hurry up offense and he did make a nice catch. So that was promising.

Except Thompson is actually good at McKinnon is not. You can start Thompson every week and reasonably get double digit points.

Anyone with the nickname "Fat Rob" cannot be trusted.