Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

Rob Kelley is basically Eddie Lacy with the only difference being that Rob Kelley eats three times a day instead of 5 like Lacy.

Edited by nonstopfan

Kelley's only saving grace is that Perine was a non-factor last night. Unfortunately due to byes I may have to start Fat Rob next week....ugh

13 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

Kelley's only saving grace is that Perine was a non-factor last night. Unfortunately due to byes I may have to start Fat Rob next week....ugh

Against Seattle? That's nasty. Forte is available in my league so I think I'm going to take a shot on him instead of Fat Rob. 

Rotoworld blurb on him today

Rob Kelley rushed seven times for 16 yards in the Redskins' Week 7 loss to the Eagles.

Kelley added two catches for 14 yards on his two targets in the pass game. He and Chris Thompson each saw seven carries to lead the team, but Thompson again caught a short touchdown and continues to out-produce Kelley. The Redskins can't keep running Kelley for minimal gains on early downs; he's setting the offense up in tough situations by not getting yards on first downs. Kelley has done nothing all year and is by no means a must-hold in 12-team leagues.

This doesn't really seem fair to me since he has been hurt pretty much all season. I know he didn't do much last night, but Philly has a tough run D and there aren't many players of Kelley's style (2 down thumper) that can do much with only 7 carries. I would expect him to be a RB3 with RB2 upside rest of season.

2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

It looks like a Vikings situation.

I think R Kelly will have a good game or two depending on the defense, but the guy to probably own is Thompson.

Was kinda weird to see Kelly on the hurry up offense and he did make a nice catch. So that was promising.

I thought the same, but I read somewhere that Thompson tweaked his ankle and so that's why Kelley was in.

Thompson ended up coming back tho, so it wasn't a major injury. 

injuries to O-line and a tough schedule for WAS ahead...might have to pass! Chris Thompson is a different story.

setting at 2-4-1 I'm starting Fat Rob and Crow this week

someone please give me Last Rights

Edited by wendellrott

Holding. 

Nothing out there in 12-teamers. 

This dude needs to get things figured out, but he's not a drop imo.

4 hours ago, wendellrott said:

setting at 2-4-1 I'm starting Fat Rob and Crow this week

someone please give me Last Rights

Lol I'm in the same boat, let's sink together...

1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

Lol I'm in the same boat, let's sink together...

Either way with those RBs, you'll sink !

All I am hoping for from Rob is about 15 touches a game for about 60 total yards with most of the GL carries, is that too much to ask?

11 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

All I am hoping for from Rob is about 15 touches a game for about 60 total yards with most of the GL carries, is that too much to ask?

I think he will this week, he is def their early down guy,. Most likely wont ever win you weeks but could put up some OK #'s.

TEmpted to start him because I have already Ajayi playing, and my flex would be Landry. Hate to have all my eggs in the same pot, especially in a thursday night game.

For some reason I'm not buying into this. I think he's not startable in any PPR type of format unless you're super desperate. They don't run the ball much and Cousins has been throwing a lot near the goal line. Thompson is still the one to own there. Fat Rob is currently sitting on free agents in my 10 team league and I'm fine with letting him sit there and picking up guys like Dion Lewis or Mack instead. I hope he proves me wrong.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:38 AM, wonderbread said:

Rotoworld blurb on him today

Rob Kelley rushed seven times for 16 yards in the Redskins' Week 7 loss to the Eagles.

Kelley added two catches for 14 yards on his two targets in the pass game. He and Chris Thompson each saw seven carries to lead the team, but Thompson again caught a short touchdown and continues to out-produce Kelley. The Redskins can't keep running Kelley for minimal gains on early downs; he's setting the offense up in tough situations by not getting yards on first downs. Kelley has done nothing all year and is by no means a must-hold in 12-team leagues.

This doesn't really seem fair to me since he has been hurt pretty much all season. I know he didn't do much last night, but Philly has a tough run D and there aren't many players of Kelley's style (2 down thumper) that can do much with only 7 carries. I would expect him to be a RB3 with RB2 upside rest of season.

Rotoworld absolutely hates Rob Kelley for some reason. The Redskins' offense was an absolute disaster the first couple games. And when they started to put things together Rob was running well until he went down with an injury. I still like his outlook late in the season because he will get early down work and GL carries. 12+ touches a game with GL work is flex value.

Edited by devaster

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Rotoworld absolutely hates Rob Kelley for some reason. The Redskins' offense was an absolute disaster the first couple games. And when they started to put things together Rob was running well until he went down with an injury. I still like his outlook late in the season because he will get early down work and GL carries. 12+ touches a game with GL work is flex value.

my exact reaction as well, last game he did look good at the beginning when the game was tight and the Redskins playing ok. His crappy performance came when the whole Redskins offense couldn't get anything going.

Still think he can be a 15 carry, 60 yard kinda guy, but I'm not comfortable starting him until he shows that

40 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Still think he can be a 15 carry, 60 yard kinda guy, but I'm not comfortable starting him until he shows that

So basically, Crowell?

13 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

So basically, Crowell?

Essentially. Just drafted a lot later lol. A low end flex 

40 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

So basically, Crowell?

With a better offense, QB, OLine, and coach.

Just now, devaster said:

With a better offense, QB, OLine, and coach.

With that in mind, do you feel there's a case for much more value with Kelley?

Do you foresee him as a guy who can get you close to 100 yards and a TD every week?

I just looked at the injury report, appears the O-line (Williams and Scherf) might actually play (still up in the air tho). I thought they might be out...

Schedule isn't easy:

vs
-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_56x42.pngCowboys

1:25 PM

Sun, Nov 5
@
iVPY42GLuHmD05DiOvNSVg_56x42.pngSeahawks

2:05 PM

Sun, Nov 12
vs
Vmg4u0BSYZ-1Mc-5uyvxHg_56x42.pngVikings

11:00 AM

Sun, Nov 19
@
AC5-UEeN3V_fjkdFXtHWfQ_56x42.pngSaints

Thu, Nov 23
vs
q8qdTYh-OWR5uO_QZxFENw_56x42.pngGiants

6:30 PM

Thu, Nov 30
@
-zeHm0cuBjZXc2HRxRAI0g_56x42.pngCowboys

6:25 PM

Sun, Dec 10
@
tmQHdnwuMcA9n69f5rBr0w_56x42.pngChargers

2:05 PM

Sun, Dec 17
vs
5Mh3xcc8uAsxAi3WZvfEyQ_56x42.pngCardinals

Sun, Dec 24
vs
ZktET_o_WU6Mm1sJzJLZhQ_56x42.pngBroncos

Sun, Dec 31
@
q8qdTYh-OWR5uO_QZxFENw_56x42.pngGiants

8 hours ago, devaster said:

Rotoworld absolutely hates Rob Kelley for some reason.

reasons:  Gruden isn't as good as McVay, Kelley is a mediocre talent, schedule is fairly tough

I own him, but I'm not excited.

He's not a drop in competitive leagues so don't know why this thread gets bumped so often.

OTOH he is a safe drop in 6-teamers starting....NOW