pittsports87

Kenta Maeda 2017 Outlook

This one will be a rough one, I tell ya.  Its nice that an ugly matchup like this comes at the end of the week so you know if you need a hail mary or not.  I wouldn't play unless you are playing from behind and need to go long.  At least he is still getting K's. looking forward to him turning it around.

I would think if he struggles again this week, in shallow leagues (8/10 teamers) he would probably be droppable. Maybe even in 12 teamers, depending on whats available on the wire. The price in those cases would be free.

In deeper leagues, I am certain if he struggles today, the price would be 25-50 cents on the dollar. 

So if you really wanted him and couldnt get him in the draft, you are hoping for a bad outing again today. 

Edited by screaming_vultures

Benched until further notice....

idk what it is...think he's pitching through injuries? Or just not locating? 

1 minute ago, Panther239 said:

I Maeda big mistake drafting this guy

Oh man...don't let @mysonx3 see this thread. 

Just so good last year. 

Another pick ill me kicking myself about for 6 months

1 hour ago, Panther239 said:

I Maeda big mistake drafting this guy

Hey, I kept  him over Danny Salazar 

So what level of SP are you dropping Kentagram for? Shelby Miller? Chase Damn Anderson? (that's his actual middle name). Sigh.

2 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

So what level of SP are you dropping Kentagram for? Shelby Miller? Chase Damn Anderson? (that's his actual middle name). Sigh.

Alfredo Simon

Maeda is obviously better than this. However, I do think he was overrated in fantasy entering this year, and I'm not just saying that based off a poor start. If anything, I'm a Dodgers fan, and I hope my opinion below is proven false:

IMO, Maeda was figured out somewhat. Numbers regressed down the stretch last year (4.25 second half ERA) and now teams had a whole offseason of film against him as well. The novelty has worn off. He was always more of a #4/#5 type, he was paid like one too with that contract, and he pitched over his head while people didn't know who he was and what his approach was.

NO, I do not think he is trash. However, I think he was drafted quite aggressively with people chasing last season's stats.

Disclaimer: I've had this opinion since before the season started. Sorry I didn't post it ITT. I probably posted it somewhere on reddit.

Right now Kenta Maeda is rocking a stat cast FIP of 3.87. (per xStats

Coincidentally, that is precisely the kind of true talent pitcher I believe he is.  I would likely sell for 80 cents on the dollar, if I owned any shares (which I do not). There's probably someone out there who thinks he is a low 3s ERA kind of guy off to a poor start.

Edited by fawkes_mulder

33 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Maeda's is Poop.

Last year he had a 43,9 GB% and after tonight his GB% so far this season is going to be below 30%...

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Kenta "2016 Dallas Keuchel" Maeda

sorry but I believe Kyle Hendricks has already staked his claim on that mantel

4 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Kenta "2016 Dallas Keuchel" Maeda

He's the 2017 version of Hideo Nomo

12 minutes ago, jb_power said:

sorry but I believe Kyle Hendricks has already staked his claim on that mantel

Luckily for me I own both.....

I went to the game tonight and sat behind home plate and dude was giving up absolute missiles.  Just scuds all over the field.  He has a nasty change and a decent slider, but when he doesn't locate his fastball, it's just rockets and moonshots all over the yard.  He could have easily given up 5 bombs tonight, but Peralta hit one off the center field wall that was maybe two feet from going out, but would have gone 420 feet if it hadn't hit the wall.  I haven't seen a pitcher get hit that hard in person since the immortal Rodrigo Lopez.   

When does he actually become droppable? The ESPN blurb says he might take time to work on his mechanics

A little hard to hold this start against him since AZ is smashing the ball right now. Gets a better matchup @ SF for his next start 

I would hold.  His schedule has been rough.  Last 3 @coors, Arizona and @arizona.  That's 2 extreme hitters parks and a top 10 offense.  He gets Giants next 2 and then Pitt.  I'd hold and analyze through that stretch.  If he does well next start after that is @coors BENCH.

LAD, please put him on the DL for some discomfort and have him work on his mechanics.