pittsports87

Kenta Maeda 2017 Outlook

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Last 3 @coors, Arizona and @arizona.  

Good call, his schedule has been nothing short of brutal.  Still needs to get his mechanics figured out though.

Buy low on Maeda. His Siera is still 3.88 despite the horrible start he has gotten off to. Has a swstr% of 14.7% which is top 10 in the league and he's also top 15 in the league for Z-Contact%. Sounds like his fastball has been the issue and I believe this is something that will be fixed. 

Edited by Rammer28

What's up with this guy....kicking myself for picking him over Cole Hamels on draft day....He just hit my waiver wire in a 12 teamer....think he's due for a bounce back? 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Rammer28 said:

Buy low on Maeda. His Siera is still 3.88 despite the horrible start he has gotten off to. Has a swstr% of 14.7% which is top 10 in the league and he's also top 15 in the league for Z-Contact%. Sounds like his fastball has been the issue and I believe this is something that will be fixed. 

Here is hoping.  He could not look much worse.

Haha I agree. I'm hoping as well. Was nice to see some of his peripherals being strong.  Doesn't always translate but does give us some hope for better days to come. 

Holding him in a ten team, but benching him today. I'm confident in a bounce back. Sounds like they plan to move hill to the bullpen as of now. So I'm guessing that means meada will keep his spot. 

He's playing at home VS Philly tonight. I'm not scared of that mediocre lineup. Could be a good bounce back game. He's in my lineup.

18 minutes ago, BohCountyBats said:

He's playing at home VS Philly tonight. I'm not scared of that mediocre lineup. Could be a good bounce back game. He's in my lineup.

Agreed!

Just now, ranger danger said:

Yeah hard to bench today @ home vs the Phillies, even with his awful start to the season.

The Phillies.  His saving grace.

1 hour ago, BohCountyBats said:

Not me.Him and Gausman are sharing a room on my waiver wire.I'm going to have to roll with my waiver wire pickups Severino and Lynn in their draft pick wasting stead.Good luck to the believers.Me,I think somethings wrong with him besides just being adjusted to by the hitters,but I drafted him off stats,not the eye test,so I don't know how he looked last year(and I can't take watching any more video)

upside is there.  peripherals are there.  he should bounce back.  now if he get shelled at home vs the Phillies, then I'll be worried

All this worrying about how he'll fair against the Phillies and other opponents, but could the real threat be on his own team?  Enter Alex Wood.....

How much confidence do you guys have after this 1 start ?

Enough to keep him rostered for several more starts, say even if he goes out next time and gets touched up by SF who isnt hitting well ?

I've got a few options in agents like Lynn, Hellickson, Eickoff,  been on the fence. I benched him last night but was glad to see a good start,  actually one of his better ones  for LAD since joining the team. Not quite sure about him going forward being a mess when he's not effective with the fastball, especially in that division.

Low BB high K's and his xFIP says he will get better...what's not to like?

31 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Enough to keep him rostered for several more starts, say even if he goes out next time and gets touched up by SF who isnt hitting well ?

I've got a few options in agents like Lynn, Hellickson, Eickoff,  been on the fence. I benched him last night but was glad to see a good start,  actually one of his better ones  for LAD since joining the team. Not quite sure about him going forward being a mess when he's not effective with the fastball, especially in that division.

This is really a BCF thing,but I'd go Lynn over him and I'm dropping Eick for a bat next week.

47 minutes ago, tonywow said:

As others have said, his peripherals have been good. This isn't a Gausman situation or a low velocity problem that makes you worry. He gets the Giants next so I'm confident.

So Maeda started throwing a cutter for the first time ever in his MLB career.

Very interesting.

MAeda.PNG