Sign in to follow this  
Folarin

Francisco Lindor 2017 Outlook

I'm not an owner, but where have his SBs gone? He had 31 over his first ~1000 ABs, but only 3 in 232 this year. He's just not running. Anyone know what is behind that? 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm not an owner, but where have his SBs gone? He had 31 over his first ~1000 ABs, but only 3 in 232 this year. He's just not running. Anyone know what is behind that? 

He's shooting for the fences instead of just getting on base and running. The whole team is kinda weird right now, though.

Still rocking a .819 OPS with the slump but yeah I want the old Lindor back. I think the homer runs have gotten to his head.

#makeLindorgreatagain

Batting leadoff..12 runs scored... and he still can't get at least one run and one rbi in the same game.

No matter how bad he's been, he's still one of the handful of players going I would buy a ticket just to watch him, and him alone,  play. 

Fantasy aside, as a fan of the game, I love this kid. 

2 hours ago, billofwa said:

Batting leadoff..12 runs scored... and he still can't get at least one run and one rbi in the same game.

1/5 with a run? That's a monster game for him these days. 

Edited by absknicks

Thought I made out like a bandit when I dealt Pollock for Lindor straight up 3 weeks ago (after the Pollock injury). The owner wanted to deal Lindor because he wasn't stealing bags.

It's a keeper so I still love the deal but wow, it's been rough sledding for Mr. Lindor.

4 hours ago, treat88 said:

No matter how bad he's been, he's still one of the handful of players going I would buy a ticket just to watch him, and him alone,  play. 

Fantasy aside, as a fan of the game, I love this kid. 

But I think this site id called ROTO World. Most of us could care less about watching hi in real life. We need him to get his head out of his arce and put up numbers that will help our FANTASY teams.;)

Little 4 game hitting streak going now with a bomb today to deep right. 

Please keep it going Frankie!

He may struggle to finish top-80 at this point, especially since the bags don't seem to be coming back. Really not a fan of his new approach and think it weakens his game significantly. From a real life perspective, his defense has fallen off too.

I owned Correa last year and own Lindor this year, seems I'm the SS jinx. 

Edited by absknicks

On 4/8/2017 at 0:47 AM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

of course he hits almost a quarter of the home runs he will hit all season against me this week

whew thank god this guy came back to earth

Stinking it up again tonight while the rest of the team is taking BP off the O's pitching. Has left 4 runners on in the last 2 innings alone. 

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Stinking it up again tonight while the rest of the team is taking BP off the O's pitching. Has left 4 runners on in the last 2 innings alone. 

Dunno wtf is wrong w/ him but I think it's time to pickup another SS for the time being.  Let him sit on the bench for a while.  His 1 HR every 10 games isn't going to make up for the 0-fers in between.

32 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Dunno wtf is wrong w/ him but I think it's time to pickup another SS for the time being.  Let him sit on the bench for a while.  His 1 HR every 10 games isn't going to make up for the 0-fers in between.

Still hitting way too many fly balls. His new approach sucks. Wonder if he'll be able to scrap it and go back to his old swing path or if he's developed too many bad habits to undo it overnight. Might take a while for him to figure it out. 

How can you argue with 0-6 batting lead-off with 11 runs on the board?