DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Derrick Henry is 2 yards away from being the rushing leader for the Titans.

Impressive work from a backup RB.

Not when the starter is running on one leg.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

But is that yards total really that much?

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

But is that yards total really that much?

101 carries for 441 yards.

Around 4.4 ypc approximately. Good for his average last year too.

Marshawn Lynch hovered around 4.7 for his career.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tennessee does not have a starting running back.... it’s been a RBBC all season.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Take away his one luck run in garbage time and he is averaging 3.6 about the same as his clone TRich

4 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Take away his one luck run in garbage time and he is averaging 3.6 about the same as his clone TRich

That would not explain why he averaged 4.4 ypc last year too.

Why take away his best run of the season? To better fit your narrative?

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Tennessee does not have a starting running back.... it’s been a RBBC all season.

Okie dokie.

The guy with less carries is about to rush for more yards than the guy with more carries.

5 minutes ago, gus030 said:

luck?

i think not ... wasn't like he broke thru a stacked box a d had no one to contest him - watch the play - he is elusive and powerful, dodging and flicking defenders, gliding with ridiculous ease ... he made it look like child's play. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

luck?

i think not ... wasn't like he broke thru a stacked box a d had no one to contest him - watch the play - he is elusive and powerful, dodging and flicking defenders, gliding with ridiculous ease ... he made it look like child's play. 

I dig the sarcasm

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

luck?

Did it to the Stillers too and all the 7 carries he got.

Defenses collapse when they see henry come in the game, they stuff the lanes and he is forced to stiff arm and bounce outside.

Im a novice at best and i can call out run or pass by the titans before they snap.

Defenses drool when Henry comes in the game cause they know the play coming and henry is still succesful on most his attempts.

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Did it to the Stillers too and all the 7 carries he got.

Defenses collapse when they see henry come in the game, they stuff the lanes and he is forced to stiff arm and bounce outside.

Im a novice at best and i can call out run or pass by the titans before they snap.

Defenses drool when Henry comes in the game cause they know the play coming and henry is still succesful on most his attempts.

Because he is not a very good receiver or great in pass blocking.  Limits the play calling.  Thats the main reason he hasn't taken over for Murray.  Not gonna change unless Murray goes down with injury.

36 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Yeah we should just take away long runs for all RB's to fit your ridiculous narrative.  

44 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Damn, did Henry give you an atomic wedgie in high school or something? You're always hating on him. 

Edited by Wyzzil

Didn't we go over how his long run didnt come in garbage time 100 pages ago?  I swear, henry detractors are crazy in their pursuit of de-legitimizing him. 

26 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Because he is not a very good receiver or great in pass blocking.  Limits the play calling.  Thats the main reason he hasn't taken over for Murray.  Not gonna change unless Murray goes down with injury.

Do you have evidence that Henry can not pass block? Thats a default excuse used to explain away why a rb isnt in on passing snaps.

Henry averages 10 yards per reception and his blocking is just fine.

I can't believe we're about to go a full fantasy season without this guy getting AT LEAST one game to himself. Feels like such a waste, considering all of the players I missed out on by holding on to him. 

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Do you have evidence that Henry can not pass block? Thats a default excuse used to explain away why a rb isnt in on passing snaps.

Henry averages 10 yards per reception and his blocking is just fine.

Well he has 2 drops on 10 targets and almost all his attempts are on screens.  I'm sure you know better then NFL coaches.  You might as well apply for a head coaching vacancy in the offseason.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hey im with you, I drafted him and have kept him the whole time. 

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Well he has 2 drops on 10 targets and almost all his attempts are on screens.  I'm sure you know better then NFL coaches.  You might as well apply for a head coaching vacancy in the offseason.

I think most of us know better than NFL coaches like Dirk Koetter, Mike Mularkey, Marvin Lewis, Jeff Fisher, ect.

I don't dislike Henry. Think he will be a solid RB for the Titans in the future. Arguably in RB1 territory if they don't bring in another vet or draft a rookie early. But 100+ pages for this guy is totally unwaranted. Call me if DeMarco goes down for good. Until then, might as well bump the Elijah McGuire or Corey Clement thread. Not much difference at all.

twelve straight weeks DHenry has been on my bench in my 10 team league. Honestly I have played this all wrong, I should have dropped this bum a long time ago. Anybody else feels the way i do?

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

twelve straight weeks DHenry has been on my bench in my 10 team league. Honestly I have played this all wrong, I should have dropped this bum a long time ago. Anybody else feels the way i do?

Hindsight is 20/20. Don't know why on earth you would beat yourself up about it.