DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

19 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I thought the person in my league that dropped him was dumb. I scooped him up. I may not start him ROS, but the potential is too good too pass up. That is if something happened to Murray. That playoff schedule is too good.

Same thought exactly.

No idea why the guy dropped him as what better lotto ticket is there?

4 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Same thought exactly.

Hes in a 5 way tie for the last wildcard spot, so he's desperate for points now lol.

5 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Hes in a 5 way tie for the last wildcard spot, so he's desperate for points now lol.

9 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Same thought exactly.

Points now trumps lottery later. I have yet to see Henry floating around in any of my leagues (in part because I own Henry all over the place). Expecting the SF game Henry production will get my teams into the championship.... but really haven’t used him much at all. Have til Sunday morning to decide if the expected turnovers and positive game script make him playable as a flex over Forte, CDavis, McKissick, Olsen, etc... right now, only CDavis looks promising 

4 hours ago, Wyzzil said:

Says the Hunter Henry truther

A truther, to me, is some one who keeps holding out hope, despite overwhelming evidence that it's just not going to happen.

Derrick Henry truthers will be truthers until Derrick Henry blows up, if it ever happens.  Since Hunter Henry has already blown up and will continue to do so, the term "truther" does not really apply.

49 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Mularkey is such a ******** idiot. "Two starters". Anyone with eyes can see Murray being limited to 3rd downs would be better for the team.

Proof that average Joe's know more about football than some coaches.

8 minutes ago, frog34 said:

135 pages for nothing... :ph34r:

Behind schedule if we’re to hit 200.

22 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

A truther, to me, is some one who keeps holding out hope, despite overwhelming evidence that it's just not going to happen.

Derrick Henry truthers will be truthers until Derrick Henry blows up, if it ever happens.  Since Hunter Henry has already blown up and will continue to do so, the term "truther" does not really apply.

Hunter Henry sucked a couple weeks ago against jacksonville.

Expecting a career 4.4ypc RB to blow up? Yeah, guess im a truther then.

If we knew mularkey would give Henry double digit carries then you could safely count on 44-80 yards with the possibility of a TD. 

When it does happen, it is going to be glorious.

Speaking Thursday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said he plans to continue using DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry the same way he has all season.

"I think the way it has worked out, it has worked just fine," Mularkey claimed. "I think we have two starters, and if somebody wants to just line up on the first play of the game to justify, ‘This guy is the starter,’ I don’t know. It is not something we are worried about." Mularkey has remained steadfastly committed to DeMarco Murray 

I'm actually starting him this week. Id rather Henry than ajayi right now. Pray for me cleats. 

Edited by Wyzzil

27 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Somebody needs to print this and put it under Mularkey's windshield wiper.

8 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He is a hold just in case but i really came in here to to laugh and say..People were/are complaining that this thread has over 100 pages for a backup rb (who produces)....Yet Josh Gordon has 85 and the dude hasn't sniffed the field in almost 3 years and until recently nobody even knew if he would be eligible to play. lmao

And Josh Gordon still has a better chance of breaking out at this point than Henry does.

I think it's funny that people who believe Henry is the better back are called delusional when the stats from every corner of the universe agree with that statement. Murray's fantasy numbers are inflated simply because of his usage. Make Henry the workhorse, and he's a RB1 with a 10 point floor.

5 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

I think it's funny that people who believe Henry is the better back are called delusional when the stats from every corner of the universe agree with that statement. Murray's fantasy numbers are inflated simply because of his usage. Make Henry the workhorse, and he's a RB1 with a 10 point floor.

I agree.  I've always said that Murray was a very very good RB - elite at times. But its time to make the switch. Every RB eventually gets replaced.  The time is ticking on this one.

If Henry received 20 touches (say 16 carries and 4 catches) his floor would be about 10 standard points.  I don't think we have seen his potential until he gets to carry the rock for 4 qtrs and wear down the defense. All he needs is to get in the defensive backfield and he's making big plays. No DB wants to tackle this beast - especially in the 4th qtr when they are tired.

Edited by Big Nate

11 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

Who on this planet outside of the Ten organization believes Murray is the better back? I don't think Murrays own mother believes that. 

Edited by nromn

7 minutes ago, nromn said:

Who on this planet outside of the Ten organization believes Murray is the better back? I don't think Murrays own mother believes that. 

Go back and check some early pages of this thread. Lots of people believe Murray is better. Thats why this thread is over 130 pages long. Ive had to correct every one of them.

9 minutes ago, nromn said:

To be fair, Murray had some good games earlier on this year. But he also had some duds.  The duds have been come more common, so much that the last 3 weeks have been pretty bad outside a vulture TD here and there. It almost seems like the coaches/team has something to prove that all the money they spent on Murray isn't going to waste.

The reality is, the past few weeks it is clear that Henry is playing better than Murray.  The numbers as posted in this thread show that. The film/highlights show that.  As fantasy football owners we just have to wait until the coaches finally make the switch.  Hopefully sooner than later.

I’m wary to recommend Henry as a starter, given that the Titans have shown no indication of riding him consistently when DeMarco Murray is also an option. Still, even they have to admit that Henry has looked like the better back over the last month. That came to a head last week, when Henry ran for 79 yards on 13 carries, while Murray ambled a long for nine yards on 12 rushes. The Titans are in prime position to win the AFC South, but to do so they’re going to need their best team on the field. There’s no way to watch both Henry and Murray and come away with any conclusion other than that the former is their best running back. If you’re willing to bet on Henry getting 15 touches this week and you win that bet, he’ll come through for you in a big way.

Murray looks awful. Henry shows flashes of brilliance. I don't know if there can be much argument about who's better at gaining yardage on the ground. Murray is said to be the better blocker and receiver, which is probably why Mularkey has split carries between them.

For fantasy purposes, however, Murray has been far better to own. Even if Henry were the second coming of Jim Brown, no one wins a fantasy league with "potential points". Real points are all that matter, and by that measure it's been Murray by a landslide. I can only assume that Mularkey bases his decisions on a playbook that I haven't seen that requires considerations beyond yards per carry. As the difference between Murray and Henry becomes more pronounced, I believe that the balance will shift in Henry's favor, but I thought that we had reached that point a month ago when Murray was injured and obviously I was wrong.

Week by week, anyone who risked putting Henry in their lineup was punished pretty regularly, while Murray gave a decent return more than 50% of the time. Against solid defenses, however, I don't know if either of them shows much promise.

m and h.png

34 minutes ago, phizzics said:

Murray looks awful. Henry shows flashes of brilliance. I don't know if there can be much argument about who's better at gaining yardage on the ground. Murray is said to be the better blocker and receiver, which is probably why Mularkey has split carries between them.

For fantasy purposes, however, Murray has been far better to own. Even if Henry were the second coming of Jim Brown, no one wins a fantasy league with "potential points". Real points are all that matter, and by that measure it's been Murray by a landslide. I can only assume that Mularkey bases his decisions on a playbook that I haven't seen that requires considerations beyond yards per carry. As the difference between Murray and Henry becomes more pronounced, I believe that the balance will shift in Henry's favor, but I thought that we had reached that point a month ago when Murray was injured and obviously I was wrong.

Week by week, anyone who risked putting Henry in their lineup was punished pretty regularly, while Murray gave a decent return more than 50% of the time. Against solid defenses, however, I don't know if either of them shows much promise.

m and h.png

Murray was drafted as a RB1. Thats a terrible return on investment.

A 2nd round fantasy pick putting up low end flex numbers is not good, in my humble opinion.

Fwiw, murray is not a better pass blocker or receiver than Henry. Henry does both very well just does not get the opportunities. The only pass blocking and receiving difference in them is repetitions. Murray has been doing it longer so by default people assume Henry is not as good at it. That is a misnomer. I watched Murray get Mariota destroyed by missing a block a couple weeks ago.

I agree that without the useage Henry isnt startable for fantasy. Yoy might be able to flex demarco but that is a significant fall from grace for a guy who was 3rd in the league in rushing last year.