DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

33 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Murray was drafted as a RB1. Thats a terrible return on investment.

A 2nd round fantasy pick putting up low end flex numbers is not good, in my humble opinion.

Fwiw, murray is not a better pass blocker or receiver than Henry. Henry does both very well just does not get the opportunities. The only pass blocking and receiving difference in them is repetitions. Murray has been doing it longer so by default people assume Henry is not as good at it. That is a misnomer. I watched Murray get Mariota destroyed by missing a block a couple weeks ago.

I agree that without the useage Henry isnt startable for fantasy. Yoy might be able to flex demarco but that is a significant fall from grace for a guy who was 3rd in the league in rushing last year.

I'm not sure why you're talking about "return on investment" when I didn't mention it at all in my post. Murray has been a terrible investment, but if you have him it makes no sense to dwell on where you picked him. The only issue you're facing now is how to make the best decision regarding his use, which is what I sought to address.

As far as blocking, there are differing opinions but most give the edge to Murray. The first article I read on the subject said this:

" The advantage Murray holds over Henry is his experience and receiving and pass-blocking ability. Henry has improved in each area but has had some struggles in the latter two that make Murray important, even though his running game struggles."

After last week's game, Mularkey stated:

“You’ve got to look at the whole picture and see who’s had opportunities, who’s got the plays blocked well, who’s made some runs that weren’t there or were there,” Mularkey said. “We’re happy we have – again, I’m going to say it – we’re very fortunate to have the two guys that we have. They’re both effective in a lot of ways.”

You've mentioned the missed block from a few weeks ago several times, but it's kind of meaningless. Every player misses assignments. The question isn't whether Henry can block, the real issue is which back Mularkey feels comfortable with in different situations. The evidence so far suggests that despite being less effective carrying the ball, Murray is perceived as the more useful player. As I mentioned, that may change after the disparity in their statistics last week, but that's a risky assumption to make.

Just remember my own assessment of my last prediction that Henry would get an expanded role:

farside-pull-1-414x343.jpg

136 Pages for a guy that is barely startable at the flex.  Its amazing how one guy can keep this thread going so long.  

19 minutes ago, youngrice said:

136 Pages for a guy that is barely startable at the flex.  Its amazing how one guy can keep this thread going so long.  

Yet Josh Gordon hasn't played a real game in 3 years and thats at 90+...Troll that thread

Edited by Zekepeak86

22 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I'm in keeper and dynasty leagues. There is a lot of valuable information here. Even the people who don't like Henry have an opinion worth at least listening too.  You have anything to add? No?  Cya.

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Yet Josh Gordon hasn't played a real game in 3 years and thats at 90+...Troll that thread

I don't get the fascination with thread page count numbers. Who pays the RW forum server bill?

Same thing when people cry about Greg Zuerlein thread, ZOMG 50 PAGES FOR A KICKER.

Get real.

4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

To be fair, Murray had some good games earlier on this year. But he also had some duds.  The duds have been come more common, so much that the last 3 weeks have been pretty bad outside a vulture TD here and there. It almost seems like the coaches/team has something to prove that all the money they spent on Murray isn't going to waste.

The reality is, the past few weeks it is clear that Henry is playing better than Murray.  The numbers as posted in this thread show that. The film/highlights show that.  As fantasy football owners we just have to wait until the coaches finally make the switch.  Hopefully sooner than later.

for fantasy purposes both players have been duds....

Murray the dud has outscored Henry in fantasy points ...

that is all that matters

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

I don't get the fascination with thread page count numbers. Who pays the RW forum server bill?

Same thing when people cry about Greg Zuerlein thread, ZOMG 50 PAGES FOR A KICKER.

Get real.

Because if your going to come in here to be a dick about a player who should be the bell cow rb on a run heavy team who has done well this year and complain about thread count, ill direct you to the perfect thread to troll...which happens to be a guy who hasnt played football in 3 years.

I wish Greg the legs page was at 100 and filled with info. I love that guy. Been better than Michael Thomas for me.

Edit: Which to be clear, that thread has at least 70 pages of absolute garbage and hopeful wishing, minuscule amount of facts and actual info. At least this thread has been filled with good arguments and stats from both sides.

Edited by Zekepeak86

5 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I'm in keeper and dynasty leagues. There is a lot of valuable information here. Even the people who don't like Henry have an opinion worth at least listening too.  You have anything to add? No?  Cya.

What keeper and dynasty value have you gotten from this thread???  Sure he holds value in those.  He has talent and a good young team.  End of discussion until Murray gets injured or is off the team.  There helped you not to have to read the rest of the junk

19 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

But Josh Gordon has been a ProBowl player and doesn't need a injury to another player to produce fantasy value in playoffs.  

5 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

I think it's funny that people who believe Henry is the better back are called delusional when the stats from every corner of the universe agree with that statement. Murray's fantasy numbers are inflated simply because of his usage. Make Henry the workhorse, and he's a RB1 with a 10 point floor.

Find one post in the last 15 pages that said Murray was the better back.

Henry sucks a** for fantasy because of his lack of usage, and this thread should be locked until he's fantasy relevant.

Edited by atrium

4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

To be fair, Murray had some good games earlier on this year. But he also had some duds.  The duds have been come more common, so much that the last 3 weeks have been pretty bad outside a vulture TD here and there. It almost seems like the coaches/team has something to prove that all the money they spent on Murray isn't going to waste.

The reality is, the past few weeks it is clear that Henry is playing better than Murray.  The numbers as posted in this thread show that. The film/highlights show that.  As fantasy football owners we just have to wait until the coaches finally make the switch.  Hopefully sooner than later.

I agree it's true that he had good games from a fantasy perspective early on due mainly to scoring chances. However, the comment I quoted seemed to be referring to present tense based on the phrasing. As if there are people currently in this thread arguing Murray is the better back and calling Henry owners delusional. 

I'm fully prepared for a frustrating day of watching Murray get the GL carries and plod away at 2 ypc while getting more than 50% of the work.  Here's hoping that today is the today that the coaching staff wakes up or Henry performs so well that the pressure gets greater to play him more.  

i hate this guy! this season he has jacked me up twice with 40 secs left in the game. First was Indy and now this! Brady scored 10 pts and somehow this guy scored 16. I hate football

Crazy that such a big, slow RB is faster than the whole Texans defense.

He'll have 8 carries for 45 yards next week when everybody flexes him.

51 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Garbage time TD

Take that TD away and he had less than 50 yards rushing.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Garbage time TD

The problem Henry is sitting on the bench... the dude is useless

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Here we go again with a late game stat padding run.  Sheesh.

But if a starting RB like Fournette does it it is good?

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

But if a starting RB like Fournette does it it is good?

Not sure where this comment comes from or the logic in it.  The game is literally over, Texans are ready to go home, and he breaks one off when otherwise having 10 carries for 34 yards with a long of like 29.  What does that tell you about the rest of the runs, or his overall usage today?

Yes the stats are the stats in the end, the fantasy points are the fantasy points.  If you like to go on the final stats and not prognosticate future production based on the story of the game that's fine too.

Edit: More like story of the SEASON, which is not saying anything bad about Henry.  We already know how this coaching staff does.  I like him a lot more than Murray, but I'm just saying.  We've seen this story all season.  I think Henry should be the man, I think most people do, but the staff has made it clear that they do not feel that way for whatever reason.

Edited by CharlesCC2

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Not on my team.

He is smooth sprinting past the defense, glad i have him and not kareem hunt

I remember that one screen shot Henry on bench..... lol 

well show us 

Problem is not to take out the last minute garbage time TDs but u can not predict them. In playoffs huge risk.  U can get lucky. Or burned. Up to that last ninute play Henry did squat. Murray dominated today.  Just so hard to play and hope for a run on last play when other team no trying.

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I remember that one screen shot Henry on bench..... lol 

well show us 

I dont know how to post a screen shot on my phone, it really doesnt matter if you believe me or not. This thread is about Derrick Henry.

You didnt like how he looked today?