DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

its funny, people would rather start collins, okawa, perine, drake over henry.

 

i wish i was in thier leagues.

Any person with more than two brain cells would start collins over henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Any person with more than two brain cells would start collins over henry

 

Drake is also a better option if Williams is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

its funny, people would rather start collins, okawa, perine, drake over henry.

 

i wish i was in thier leagues.

As a Henry owner, those are all reasonable starts over Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

 

Drake is also a better option if Williams is out.

Why not start both? I did. 

 

Henry is the real deal and that speed.... I knew he was fast but wow.  Clocked faster than Mike Wallace.  You ask me which DB wants to tackle Henry when he's at full speed?  Once he gets to the second level he's making big plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, youngrice said:

136 Pages for a guy that is barely startable at the flex.  Its amazing how one guy can keep this thread going so long.  

 

Dynasty leagues exist. Just because a player may not be relevant in your league doesn't mean he isn't relevant elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

 

Dynasty leagues exist. Just because a player may not be relevant in your league doesn't mean he isn't relevant elsewhere.

 

this.

 

add to that the fact that there are still people clinging to a turd like Doooookie "Muscle Crampster" Martin, and wasting bandwith in the process ... makes this thread seem quite sane in comparison ?

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ @Lord_Varys, @DerrickHenrysCleats : This is not the thread where we talk about the Derrick Henry thread -- it's the thread where we talk about Derrick Henry.  If you're commenting about  the thread itself, other users, or something not fantasy-related, it doesn't belong here. ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the whole Mularkey usage/non-usage puts a new spin on the old MJ/Dean Smith quote - to wit: "the only coaching staff who can hold Derrick Henry under 100 yards is the Titans"

 

? ? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Next week is a tough match up on the road vs ARI.  After that though he has SF and LAR who are 32 and 31st against RBs - two of the worst defenses for RBs.  Liking those two matchups.  Arizona not so much.

 

Even at home, I don't like the matchup vs the Cardinals either. Must see what develops between now and then, but there's a good chance Henry won't be the garbage-time all-start next week. Risky play unless Murray gets sick, takes a vacation, or dislocates something in practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Even at home, I don't like the matchup vs the Cardinals either. Must see what develops between now and then, but there's a good chance Henry won't be the garbage-time all-start next week. Risky play unless Murray gets sick, takes a vacation, or dislocates something in practice.

I'm a huge henry supporter (obviously) - and I have also started him at least 5 or 6 times this year when the match-up looks good (like last week).  As of now I'm not sure I can start him vs ARI unless Demarco doesn't play.  Henry is a great talent but I cannot play against my opponent in the playoffs as well as against the TEN coaches.  So as it stands now I think he goes back to the bench - and that is too bad.

 

Even in a bad match-up, if he was the #1 true workhorse back he would be startable.

Edited by Big Nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, disasterisk said:

 

Dynasty leagues exist. Just because a player may not be relevant in your league doesn't mean he isn't relevant elsewhere.

Think I answered that back a page or two ago.  He has value in dynasty and big keeper leagues.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that.  Tell me what brilliant things you have heard over the last 138 pages that helped you evaluate him further??  Its simple if Murray sits he's a top 10 option if not he is barely usable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I can't decide whether to keep D hen or Collins. Can't do both because I have Fournette who's a no brainer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

So I can't decide whether to keep D hen or Collins. Can't do both because I have Fournette who's a no brainer 

 

I’d keep Henry 100%. I think next season will be his real breakout campaign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way to start Henry in the playoffs is if the Titans coaching staff gets over their marriage to Murray.

 

Stubborn to the point of stupidity. Don't they want to make the playoffs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

The only way to start Henry in the playoffs is if the Titans coaching staff gets over their marriage to Murray.

 

Stubborn to the point of stupidity. Don't they want to make the playoffs?

They are 8-4 with the 3 seed, leading their division and do have two very winnable road games before finishing with two potential playoff teams.  I agree Henry is more talented.  But I'm pretty sure their coaching staff is more worried about the teams record then our fantasy teams.

Edited by youngrice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, youngrice said:

They are 8-4 with the 3 seed, leading their division and do have two very winnable road games before finishing with two potential playoff teams.  I agree Henry is more talented.  But I'm pretty sure their coaching staff is more worried about the teams record then our fantasy teams.

If they were worried about the team record Henry would get the ball more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

this.

 

add to that the fact that there are still people clinging to a turd like Doooookie "Muscle Crampster" Martin, and wasting bandwith in the process ... makes this thread seem quite sane in comparison ?

 

Did Doug Martin do something unspeakable to one of your loved ones or something?

 

So weird, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

 

Did Doug Martin do something unspeakable to one of your loved ones or something?

 

So weird, man.

 

Image result for hamster fail gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, youngrice said:

They are 8-4 with the 3 seed, leading their division and do have two very winnable road games before finishing with two potential playoff teams.  I agree Henry is more talented.  But I'm pretty sure their coaching staff is more worried about the teams record then our fantasy teams.

 

 

Could be 11-1 but for the coaching, everyone should concede that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive said give Henry double digit touches and the Titans will win. Some people like to see it in an official article. So, for your reading pleasure today.....

 

Derrick Henry’s game-sealing, 75-yard touchdown dash against the Texans was something of an inevitability. It was his 11th carry of the day, and history says that tDerrick Henry’s game-sealing, 75-yard touchdown dash against the Texans was something of an inevitability.

 

It was his 11th carry of the day, and history says that the Titans win when Henry gets 11-plus carries. They’re now 10-0 all-time when he reaches that plateau.

 

This is somewhat of a statistical oddity, but the numbers indicate that there may be more to it than mere coincidence.

 

In games where he gets 11 or more carries, Henry is averaging 5.1 yards-per-attempt on 137 totes. That average drops to 4.3 on 98 attempts in 17 games with 10 or fewer rushes.

 

There’s a method to it though. The Titans can’t just run Henry into the line 11 times and win by default. His effectiveness with more of a workload likely comes from his combination of size and speed, and his ability to wear down opposing defenses.

 

Henry is 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, and has the speed to run away from defensive backs. His power is part of the reason he’s so successful with more work.

 

In theory, the more carries Henry gets, the harder he becomes to tackle, and the more likely he is to succeed on the ground. That would be the reason behind his 7.4 yards-per-carry in the fourth quarter on 51 carries – by far his most of any quarter this season.

 

His success with more carries in a quarter goes beyond just this season though. In his career, Henry’s two heaviest workloads have been in the second and fourth quarters. He averages 5.3 yards-per-attempt on 70 second-quarter rushes. His fourth quarters are even more impressive with 5.8 yards-per-rush on 76 carries.

 

The Titans seem to have found a role for Henry as the “second starter” next to DeMarco Murray. Murray is still garnering more snaps than Henry because of his superiority in areas beside rushing. However, the two had the same number of carries against the Texans, and that magic 11th carry turned into a 75-yard touchdown for the Titans.

 

Mike Mularkey may be hesitant to name Henry the official starter, but the numbers show that he and the Titans are at their best when he gets touches like one.

 

By: Kyle Madson | 12 hours ago

 

 

http://titanswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/04/derrick-henrys-incredible-streak-continued-sunday/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

 

Could be 11-1 but for the coaching, everyone should concede that.

 

Not with that QB play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So every time Henry goes off it’s only on my bench.  I will not be starting him this week so feel free to fire him up yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FUM said:

So every time Henry goes off it’s only on my bench.  I will not be starting him this week so feel free to fire him up yourselves.

He has only had 3 good games(2 of the games 70 yd td in last 2 min with game already decided) all year out of 13.  Much better odds leaving him on your bench in playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.