DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

He has only had 3 good games(2 of the games 70 yd td in last 2 min with game already decided) all year out of 13.  Much better odds leaving him on your bench in playoffs

I think the only problem with leaving him on your bench is who you are starting in front of him. I have been starting Howard over him since you would think Jordan would see 20 carries. With that not being the case, its hard to sit him if he is seeing 12 carries and so are your other backs. 

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

He has only had 3 good games(2 of the games 70 yd td in last 2 min with game already decided) all year out of 13.  Much better odds leaving him on your bench in playoffs

Yes, yes, lets let early season useage dictate whether or not to use Henry going forward.

Henry was startable against Jax week 2, both games against the colts. Last week vs the texans, week 9 vs Bal.

Thats 5 games he was useful, including the last 2 in a row.

if anyone holding this beast doesn't have the onions to insert him in semis week vs San Fran then they might as well drop him now.  

that game will bring us one step closer to the bacon, boys ??

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yes, yes, lets let early season useage dictate whether or not to use Henry going forward.

Henry was startable against Jax week 2, both games against the colts. Last week vs the texans, week 9 vs Bal.

I've started Henry 5 or 6 times this year - and had pretty good results - twice with him blowing up at the end.  But I don't think I can start him this week with that match-up on the road @ Ari and the fact that the coaches still consider Murray the starter.  A lot of it is the match-up as I'm not sure what type of workload Henry might get depending on game flow.

I'm a huge Henry fan but this week I'm not comfortable starting him.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if anyone holding this beast doesn't have the onions to insert him in semis week vs San Fran then they might as well drop him now.  

that game will bring us one step closer to the bacon, boys ??

Yes, if I make it through this first week of playoffs this week then back into the starting line-up vs SF next week.   Obviously the SF match-up is a lot better and he could see some volume in the 4th qtr again.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I know you read what I responded to.  He was stating that everytime he benches Henry he goes off.  All give 5 usable but still only 3 good games were you kick yourself because you didn't start him.  Was just stating the odds are better your fine he is on your bench then pissed because he had a great week.

As of right now I'm rolling him out there, but my other flex options are complete crap.  I had been rolling with Doctson but if he ever goes without a TD his stat line is fugly.  It'd be nice if Henry caught a few more balls each game.  I don't know why they don't target him in the passing game like they do with Murray.

1 minute ago, cizastro said:

As of right now I'm rolling him out there, but my other flex options are complete crap.  I had been rolling with Doctson but if he ever goes without a TD his stat line is fugly.  It'd be nice if Henry caught a few more balls each game.  I don't know why they don't target him in the passing game like they do with Murray.

Henry is an easy start over Doctson.

I've been rolling Dion Lewis out over Henry most of the 2nd half of the season. I don't think he has the ceiling that Henry does, but his floor and guaranteed volume is so much safer. Henry remains undroppable for me, so he'll stay on the bench

Less than double digit carries and tge Titans lose, no big shocker there.

Nice TD though, stiff-arned Patrick Peterson for 6 yards and extended for the TD. 

It is humorous to watch Mularkey flush the Titans down the toilet.

Henry comes in on running plays only, he had no receptions yesterday. I swear their playcalling is so vanilla it is painful to watch but funny at the same time.

Man, I love this thread - it is a gift that never stops giving-

Tennessee is 8-5 and probably making the playoffs.  Buffalo is the 2nd wildcard at 7-6.  Have to imagine Ravens at 7-6 get in over Buffalo, but will KC and SD both get in over the Titans?  Will be tough considering they play each other next week.

For dynasty and keeper league purposes, the Titans making the playoffs would be the worst thing for Henry.  The coaching staff needs shaken up in the worst way.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Tennessee is 8-5 and probably making the playoffs.  Buffalo is the 2nd wildcard at 7-6.  Have to imagine Ravens at 7-6 get in over Buffalo, but will KC and SD both get in over the Titans?  Will be tough considering they play each other next week.

For dynasty and keeper league purposes, the Titans making the playoffs would be the worst thing for Henry.  The coaching staff needs shaken up in the worst way.

I was thinking the Titans make the playoffs and just get totally embarressed in the 1st round.

However, the Titans would probably view that as a succesful season and keep Mularkey.

SF will beat Tennerssee next week.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

SF will beat Tennerssee next week.

Let's hope and pray.

Ive read a couple articles on the Titans vs Cardinals game.

Seems the consensus is that the Titans went with Murray due to his superiority in pass protection.

I find this reasoning to be abhorrent. Ive seen Derrick pass block more than adequately in high school, college, and the NFL. Ive also seen Murray get Mariota blown up several times this year.

The titans were never down by more than 5 points but felt the need to have, what they perceive to be, their better pass blocking back in the game?

Truly calls the coaching into question. On the titans TD drive Henry was 4 for 24 with a beautiful 6 yd stiff arm of patrick peterson all the way to the endzone. That was in the 1st quarter.

Mularkey is so predictable opposing DCs must love it. 

Henry was 4 for 24 and a TD on their scoring drive.

4 carries for -4yds the rest of the game.

Atrocious coaching by the Titans, they are literally the worst coaches in the NFL comparable to the talent that they have.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ive read a couple articles on the Titans vs Cardinals game.

Seems the consensus is that the Titans went with Murray due to his superiority in pass protection.

I find this reasoning to be abhorrent. Ive seen Derrick pass block more than adequately in high school, college, and the NFL. Ive also seen Murray get Mariota blown up several times this year.

The titans were never down by more than 5 points but felt the need to have, what they perceive to be, their better pass blocking back in the game?

Truly calls the coaching into question. On the titans TD drive Henry was 4 for 24 with a beautiful 6 yd stiff arm of patrick peterson all the way to the endzone. That was in the 1st quarter.

Mularkey is so predictable opposing DCs must love it. 

Henry was 4 for 24 and a TD on their scoring drive.

4 carries for -4yds the rest of the game.

Atrocious coaching by the Titans, they are literally the worst coaches in the NFL comparable to the talent that they have.

I'd argue the Bengals are likely worse. But second worst, yes. Shame they don't feature Henry one game just to see what they have. Offense is a cesspool. 

Given the way he has played, I am wondering if the coaching staff has dumbed down the offense to this degree just because of how badly Mariotta is in practice. He has certainly stunk in games. 

23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Browns and it's not even close.

1 hour ago, Deez Gordon said:

Can't start without a demarco injury or some sort of verbal commitment from the coaching staff

If thats the case then he is an easy drop for you

18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Id take Hue Jackson over Mike Mularkey  and Terry Robiskie all day every day.

oh, nonononononono ya din't Cleats ... SAY IT AIN'T SO!11!1!

Mularkey/Bad - Hue/Worse

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

oh, nonononononono ya din't Cleats ... SAY IT AIN'T SO!11!1!

Mularkey/Bad - Hue/Worse

To each their own. Hue got a raw deal with the Raiders, gone after 2 years. Who was Hue's QB in Oakland? Terrell Pryor? Browns denied Hue a franchise QB in McCarron this year. Hue has been a succesful OC at different locations.

I just think Hue is better than Mularkey, just my opinion.

lotta coach talk, notta lotta Henry talk. Sounds more like post season posts. Only relevant question is, 

Will the Titans gain a comfortable lead and run the clock out, Henry racking up garbage time points, 100+ / 1TD, 

OR

is this the JimmyG era 49ers, and it’ll be a shootout, Jimmy poking holes in an already holey D, Mariota struggling to keep up, Henry written out of the script?