DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

lotta coach talk, notta lotta Henry talk. Sounds more like post season posts. Only relevant question is, 

 

Will the Titans gain a comfortable lead and run the clock out, Henry racking up garbage time points, 100+ / 1TD, 

 

OR

 

is this the JimmyG era 49ers, and it’ll be a shootout, Jimmy poking holes in an already holey D, Mariota struggling to keep up, Henry written out of the script?

 

 

 

OR

 

Titan's proactively run the ball, play keep-away from Jimmy G, wear down opposing D  by landing 30+ punches to the body in first 45 minutes of game, and run out the clock for 4th quarter.

 

This would require intelligent coaching though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

 

OR

 

Titan's proactively run the ball, play keep-away from Jimmy G, wear down opposing D  by landing 30+ punches to the body in first 45 minutes of game, and run out the clock for 4th quarter.

 

This would require intelligent coaching though.

This is the titans' problem all year. Their coaching staff seems like they are trying to lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forced to start him with Fournette out.

 

Playoffs on the line. Pray for me :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, its official.  Henry has been no good for the entire season in my league.  7 for 19 just doesn't cut it in the playoffs.  Glad I never had to play him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Well, its official.  Henry has been no good for the entire season in my league.  7 for 19 just doesn't cut it in the playoffs.  Glad I never had to play him. 

 

Yeah, i agree. I dont know why derrick doesnt give himself more carries during the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Yeah, i agree. I dont know why derrick doesnt give himself more carries during the game.

 

I don't care WHY he doesn't get more carries.  The fact that he doesn't get them, cant do much with the ones he gets, and can't pass Murray on depth chart all season long are the reasons hes been a bust this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

I don't care WHY he doesn't get more carries.  The fact that he doesn't get them, cant do much with the ones he gets, and can't pass Murray on depth chart all season long are the reasons hes been a bust this year.  

 

Leads the titans in rushing yards this year.

 

Tied for the team lead in TDs with 5.

 

 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Leads the titans in rushing yards this year.

 

That's not saying much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught just a few replays of the Titans game, one of which was of Murray taking a hand-off and preceding to run right into the back of one of his O-linmen, then falling straight back on his arse. It was truly pitiful. What the coaches see in him at this point is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

That's not saying much.

 

Says that he is outgaining ths guy you said he cant beat out, on less touches.

 

I understand you are frustrates Henry didnt win you a championship but it had nothing to do with Derrick and everything to do with Mularkey and Robiskie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Says that he is outgaining ths guy you said he cant beat out, on less touches.

 

I understand you are frustrates Henry didnt win you a championship but it had nothing to do with Derrick and everything to do with Mularkey and Robiskie

 

Again, I dont care about the 'why'. Hes a bust this year.  And no, he hasnt putproduced Murray. Go chrck those passing numbers. Remember, those count as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Again, I dont care about the 'why'. Hes a bust this year.  And no, he hasnt putproduced Murray. Go chrck those passing numbers. Remember, those count as well. 

 

I never said anything about passing. I said henry leads the team in rushing and tied for the team lead in TDs. 

 

How is Henry a bust when he was drafted anywhere feom round 5 to round 10?

 

His numbers are fine for being drafted in that range. Hardly a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Caught just a few replays of the Titans game, one of which was of Murray taking a hand-off and preceding to run right into the back of one of his O-linmen, then falling straight back on his arse. It was truly pitiful. What the coaches see in him at this point is beyond me. 

 

Super elite in pass protection. Maybe the best in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I never said anything about passing. I said henry leads the team in rushing and tied for the team lead in TDs. 

 

How is Henry a bust when he was drafted anywhere feom round 5 to round 10?

 

His numbers are fine for being drafted in that range. Hardly a bust.

 

You said "outgained", which he has not. Also, hes trailing in TDs as well(they all count, remember?)  Also, must be nice to get so many runs in the 2nd half against a less-than-fresh defense. 

 

Please show me a competitive league where he was drafted in rd10.

 

His numbers may be "fine", but he was unstartable virtually EVERY week as a clear backup so those points fell on the majority of peoples benches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a pleasure (not really) owning this guy all year. Never in my lineup, couldn't drop, couldn't trade. I don't blame him, the coaching staff should have named him the starter around mid season, certainly by now anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

You said "outgained", which he has not. Also, hes trailing in TDs as well(they all count, remember?)  Also, must be nice to get so many runs in the 2nd half against a less-than-fresh defense. 

 

Please show me a competitive league where he was drafted in rd10.

 

His numbers may be "fine", but he was unstartable virtually EVERY week as a clear backup so those points fell on the majority of peoples benches.

 

 

Its not my job to show you anything. Plenty of early drafts had him going round 9 or 10, his adp got bumped later on cause of Murrays hamstring injury.

 

Your fault if you didnt flex him against the colts this year, not his.

 

You called him a bust and i said he was not. Not everybody benched him all year like you did, he had serviceable flex weeks and if murray would have gotten injured Henry would have been a RB1.

 

Do you know what a bust is? A bust is someone like Terrell Pryor, not someone like Henry.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I never said anything about passing. I said henry leads the team in rushing and tied for the team lead in TDs. 

 

How is Henry a bust when he was drafted anywhere feom round 5 to round 10?

 

His numbers are fine for being drafted in that range. Hardly a bust.

How can you not agree that Henry has been a major disappointment ALL season to any owner who drafted him. Since, I drafted Henry, I know the situation was crap. He sat on my bench all season. I never had any trust to insert him in the starting lineup, at the same time I couldn’t drop the bum, because I had a bad feeling it could come back to haunt me. After today’s game he is gone, I wasted a roster spot all season...... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Its not my job to show you anything. Plenty of early drafts had him going round 9 or 10, his adp got bumped later on cause of Murrays hamstring injury.

 

Your fault if you didnt flex him against the colts this year, not his.

 

You called him a bust and i said he was not. Not everybody benched him all year like you did, he had serviceable flex weeks and if murray would have gotten injured Henry would have been a RB1.

 

Do you know what a bust is? A bust is someone like Terrell Pryor, not someone like Henry.

 

 

 

 

Its all good.  Everyone here knows where you stand.  They also know what hes done this year, and how hes been on everyones bench all year(rightfully so).

 

Not sure why you think you know my particular team - I traded him and Graham a month ago for Gronk.  And I'm in my championship game already.

 

"he had serviceable flex weeks"  That's a fantastic way to summarize his season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Its not my job to show you anything. Plenty of early drafts had him going round 9 or 10, his adp got bumped later on cause of Murrays hamstring injury.

 

Your fault if you didnt flex him against the colts this year, not his.

 

You called him a bust and i said he was not. Not everybody benched him all year like you did, he had serviceable flex weeks and if murray would have gotten injured Henry would have been a RB1.

 

Do you know what a bust is? A bust is someone like Terrell Pryor, not someone like Henry.

 

 

 

Yeah I would not call him a bust.  However, I would say that he was very frustrating to own and a disappointment this year - which mostly stems from the coaching staff inexplicably continuing to give the majority of the carries and touches to DeMarco.  Good news for those in dynasty and keeper leagues is that TEN last 2 games of the year are against LAR & JAX, so they could very easily lose both and miss the playoffs.  That should absolutely lead to the firing of Mularky and Robiskie - which should ultimately lead to the team moving on from DeMarco and rightfully giving Henry the opportunity to the workhouse RB next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cnewbykkn said:

 

Its all good.  Everyone here knows where you stand.  They also know what hes done this year, and how hes been on everyones bench all year(rightfully so).

 

Not sure why you think you know my particular team - I traded him and Graham a month ago for Gronk.  And I'm in my championship game already.

 

"he had serviceable flex weeks"  That's a fantastic way to summarize his season. 

The problem I faced I never knew when those   “serviceable flex weeks”  were going to happen so he sat n sat on my bench. I never used Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Its all good.  Everyone here knows where you stand.  They also know what hes done this year, and how hes been on everyones bench all year(rightfully so).

 

Not sure why you think you know my particular team - I traded him and Graham a month ago for Gronk.  And I'm in my championship game already.

 

"he had serviceable flex weeks"  That's a fantastic way to summarize his season. 

 

Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.

 

You called Henry a bust cause he never started for your fantasy team.

 

That is disingenious and innaccurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really fair to call Henry a bust when you knew his success depended on a Murray injury. Unfortunately Murray was just good enough to keep his job but also awful for fantasy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.