DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.

Apparently you do, since you brought it up...

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I understand you are frustrates Henry didnt win you a championship but it had nothing to do with Derrick and everything to do with Mularkey and Robiskie

Dude just continues to beast....

Let’s get this to 200 pages-

What is the likely hood the owner/coaches hand lead reps to Henry to see what he is capable of for next season, sort of a dress rehearsal for 2018? Or is the team so bad at decision making that they'll just continue using Murray?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nobody cares about your fantasy football team.

You called Henry a bust cause he never started for your fantasy team.

That is disingenious and innaccurate

I don't usually agree with Cleats and his blind loyalty to Henry.  But come on guys you knew what you were getting when you drafted him.  A player with high upside if Murray got injured.  But limited value if Murray stayed healthy.  Thats what you got.

8 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

What is the likely hood the owner/coaches hand lead reps to Henry to see what he is capable of for next season, sort of a dress rehearsal for 2018? Or is the team so bad at decision making that they'll just continue using Murray?

The latter is more applicable than the former.

20 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

2.7 YPC against the Niners.

Stud.

On 7 carries, nice division on your part.

Did you know the Titans are undefeated in games where Henry gets 11 carries? 

Im shocked that more 6'4 250lbs RBs cant run wild on NFL defenses with 7 sporadic carries a game.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Im shocked that more 6'4 250lbs RBs cant run wild on NFL defenses with 7 sporadic carries a game.

I drafted him on a few teams, thinking he would overtake Murray eventually, never happened because of that bonehead Malarkey, he had a great game last week andonly gets 7 carries this week, I don't understand how these coaches who have been failures elsewhere continue to get jobs, it boggles my mind.

11 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I drafted him on a few teams, thinking he would overtake Murray eventually, never happened because of that bonehead Malarkey, he had a great game last week andonly gets 7 carries this week, I don't understand how these coaches who have been failures elsewhere continue to get jobs, it boggles my mind.

It’s pretty simple: they view Henry as a liability in pass pro.  That’s why he’s hardly ever in unless it’s a run, and that’s why the offense becomes predictable when he enters the game.  It’s been a flaw in his game since college.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

It’s pretty simple: they view Henry as a liability in pass pro.  That’s why he’s hardly ever in unless it’s a run, and that’s why the offense becomes predictable when he enters the game.  It’s been a flaw in his game since college.

Fair enough, they don't throw that much and have an average QB who is very mobile, if they had a statue at QB i could see it making a big difference, I still think he is a better option than Murray.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Link?

Source?

Ive never seen that mentioned in any quote from a coach or practice report.

Ive seen numerous articles where the writer assumes that is the reason but never seen that substantiated.

He was not a liability in pass pro at Bama, a misnomer that fits your narrative.

Ive seen murray get mariota blown up this year in pass pro.

When the coaches dont use him on pass plays it is easy to assume henry is not good in pass pro but that is just an easy excuse to justify the coaches mistake.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Link?

Source?

Ive never seen that mentioned in any quote from a coach or practice report.

Ive seen numerous articles where the writer assumes that is the reason but never seen that substantiated.

He was not a liability in pass pro at Bama a misnomer that fits your narrative.

Ive seen murray get mariota blown up this year in pass pro.

When the coaches dont use him on pass plays it is easy to assume henry is not good in pass pro but that is just an easy excuse to justify the coaches mistake.

As requested, link and source: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-derrick-henry-rb-alabama

Note particularly:

Despite size, he’s a below-average pass-blocker that needs considerable improvement

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

As requested, link and source: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-derrick-henry-rb-alabama

Note particularly:

Despite size, he’s a below-average pass-blocker that needs considerable improvement

Scouting analysis from before the draft is hardly definitive.

Henry has proven points in that analysis incorrect in his time in the NFL already.

I meant a relevant link or source? 

You know one that says he has underperformed at the NFL level when asked to pass block?

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry has proven points in that analysis incorrect in his time in the NFL already.

You know one that says he has underperformed at the NFL level when asked to pass block?

Do you have a link or source that he's gotten better at pass protection from when that report was made?  The evidence, e.g: his playing time, shows the contrary.  

17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Quoted for truth.  

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You wrote, and I quote: 

My link addressed the fact that you were incorrect.  I can try to find some sort of admission by the coaching staff that Henry is still working on pass pro, but I suspect I won’t find something concrete, due to coachspeak and a natural desire to talk up your players.  I did find this quote from Mularkey telling, when asked about his division of labor between Murray and Henry: 

You’ve got to look at the whole picture and see who’s had opportunities, who’s got the plays blocked well, who’s made some runs that weren’t there or were there,” Mularkey said. “We’re happy we have – again, I’m going to say it – we’re very fortunate to have the two guys that we have. They’re both effective in a lot of ways.”

Edited by BMcP

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I already mentioned this somewhere but these points are beyond annoying. It's not Henry in particular it's everytime certain owners player doesn't get as much carries as they want so they point out how them getting carries leads to wins.

11 against a terrible Texans team that they had the lead and cannot throw

13 against a terrible Colts team that also cannot throw

11 against a terrible Benglas team that also cannot throw

13 against a terrible Browns team that cannot throw

19 against a terrible Colts team that cannot throw

13 against a Seahawks team that they controlled the game flow and had a huge lead

14 against a Jaguars team that they controleld the game flow and had a huge lead

Do you notice a trend here? The reason a team often wins when they run a lot is because their opponent is bad and/or they have the lead most of the game which allows them to run the ball. 

4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Do you have a link or source that he's gotten better at pass protection from when that report was made?  The evidence, e.g: his playing time, shows the contrary.  

Based on what? RBs dont pass protect 45 times a game so they arent limiting Henry to 7 carries due to pass protection, that is an absurd excuse to mask the truth, that mularkey will run murray over henry to the detriment of the team.

Just now, Gohawks said:

I already mentioned this somewhere but these points are beyond annoying. It's not Henry in particular it's everytime certain owners player doesn't get as much carries as they want so they point out how them getting carries leads to wins.

11 against a terrible Texans team that they had the lead and cannot throw

13 against a terrible Colts team that also cannot throw

11 against a terrible Benglas team that also cannot throw

13 against a terrible Browns team that cannot throw

19 against a terrible Colts team that cannot throw

13 against a Seahawks team that they controlled the game flow and had a huge lead

14 against a Jaguars team that they controleld the game flow and had a huge lead

Do you notice a trend here? The reason a team often wins when they run a lot is because their opponent is bad and/or they have the lead most of the game which allows them to run the ball. 

Wow, definitely a trend.  Very good analysis there. 

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You wrote, and I quote: 

My link addressed the fact that you were incorrect.  I can try to find some sort of admission by the coaching staff that Henry is still working on pass pro, but I suspect I won’t find something concrete, due to coachspeak and a natural desire to talk up your players.  I did find this quote from Mularkey telling, when asked about his division of labor between Murray and Henry: 

You’ve got to look at the whole picture and see who’s had opportunities, who’s got the plays blocked well, who’s made some runs that weren’t there or were there,” Mularkey said. “We’re happy we have – again, I’m going to say it – we’re very fortunate to have the two guys that we have. They’re both effective in a lot of ways.”

Alabama ran Henry more than they needed him to pass protect, he was not a liability in that area. Bama had it right, let Derrick beat up on the defense and win the game for you, not a lot of need to pass protect in those situations.

Based on what? RBs dont pass protect 45 times a game so they arent limiting Henry to 7 carries due to pass protection, that is an absurd excuse to mask the truth, that mularkey will run murray over henry to the detriment of the team.

You’re missing the point if you believe the exact number of protection assignments is relevant.  The point is the offense becomes predictable and one-dimensional when Henry enters the game.  It’s why he’s currently used as a “closer” late in games when the Titans are salting away a win.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Alabama ran Henry more than they needed him to pass protect, he was not a liability in that area. Bama had it right, let Derrick beat up on the defense and win the game for you, not a lot of need to pass protect in those situations.

I mean, I don’t know how to respond to this.  Professional scouts disagreed with your assessment, I’ll leave it at that.

Just now, BMcP said:

You’re missing the point if you believe the exact number of protection assignments is relevant.  The point is the offense becomes predictable and one-dimensional when Henry enters the game.  It’s why he’s currently used as a “closer” late in games when the Titans are salting away a win.

You are missing the point if you think henry is not serviceanle enough in those areas to keep the defense honest.

Henry can run routes fine, has soft hands, he may not be the best but to say he is 1 deminsional is a product of the coaches and not Henry ability to execute it.

Just now, BMcP said:

I mean, I don’t know how to respond to this.  Professional scouts disagreed with your assessment, I’ll leave it at that.

They assessed what they saw from 3 years ago, i got no problem with that. Seeing that Bama didnt call on him to do that a lot doesnt mean he cant do it.