DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It actually happens rather frequently with bad teams in a re-build mode.

Examples? and the Bills were not rebuilding

3 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Examples? and the Bills were not rebuilding

The Bills haven’t won a playoff game since 1995.  I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Do you honestly need “examples” of rebuilding teams cycling through coaches?

17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Any interest in providing some context for those percentages?  Instead of just copying some fantasy expert’s tweet?  The point is, Henry isn’t being given blocking assignments NEARLY as often as Murray - and Murray is still nearly at 100%.

Ok, so you're making the assumption that Henry wouldn't be as good at pass-blocking if given more opportunities.  How is that right?

Also, the info from this tweet is based off of Pro Football Focus researched data.  Is that not good enough for you?  Are we supposed to watch film and grade players?...

Just now, J.T. Marlin said:

Ok, so you're making the assumption that Henry wouldn't be as good at pass-blocking if given more opportunities.  How is that right?

Also, the info from this tweet is based off of Pro Football Focus researched data.  Is that not good enough for you?  Are we supposed to watch film and grade players?...

Henry received four more pass-blocking opportunities than the minimum charted by PFF last year (32).  The assumption I’m making is that there is a reason he isn’t being afforded more opportunities - i.e., they have a RB with a virtual 100% PBE that’s already on their roster and they want to protect their franchise QB.

51 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It may be because when he moves horizontally it looks like he is moving in quicksand.

He gets the edge regularly, like when he stiff armed patrick peterson for 6 straight yards to the endzone.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The Bills haven’t won a playoff game since 1995.  I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Do you honestly need “examples” of rebuilding teams cycling through coaches?

You said they were one game from the playoffs then he gets canned the year after, i have never seen a head coach lose 2 different head coaching jobs in 3 years, i douubt its ever happened other than him

56 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Maybe he can!  He’s young and still learning the game.  He just isn’t very good at it at the moment.

According to internet people...

1 minute ago, azeri98 said:

You said they were one game from the playoffs then he gets canned the year after, i have never seen a head coach lose 2 different head coaching jobs in 3 years, i douubt its ever happened other than him

He didn’t get “canned” - he resigned, much to the surprise of all parties:

A source close to Mularkey told ESPN.com's John Clayton the primary reason for Mularkey's resignation was professional. According to the source, Mularkey didn't think the way the Bills were being set up would create an environment in which he could be successful.”

28 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Any interest in providing some context for those percentages?  Instead of just copying some fantasy expert’s tweet?  The point is, Henry isn’t being given blocking assignments NEARLY as often as Murray - and Murray is still nearly at 100%.

Pot calling the kettle black.

You want to hang your argument on pass blocking on a 3 year old college scouting report.

Lol.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pot calling the kettle black.

You want to hang your argument on pass blocking on a 3 year old college scouting report.

Lol.

As I stated above, that link/source was provided to refute your claim that pass-blocking was not a weakness of his in college.  It was.

Do you have any link/source to contribute demonstrating that blocking has become a strength of his?

Edited by BMcP

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

According to internet people...

And apparently the coaches :lol:

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He didn’t get “canned” - he resigned, much to the surprise of all parties:

A source close to Mularkey told ESPN.com's John Clayton the primary reason for Mularkey's resignation was professional. According to the source, Mularkey didn't think the way the Bills were being set up would create an environment in which he could be successful.”

I live in Toronto and listen to Buffalo radio to get my espn and NFL fix, the Bills hired Marv Levy to the front office who is beloved there and word was he didn't think Mularkey was a good coach and asked him to resign or be fired

Edited by azeri98
spelling

1 minute ago, azeri98 said:

I live in Toronto and listen to Buffalo radio to get my espn and NFL fix, the Bills hired Marv Levy to the front office who is beloved there and word was he didn't think Mularkey was a good coach and asked him to resign or be fired

In a lengthy meeting with Bills management, Mularkey stunned owner Ralph Wilson and newly appointed general manager Marv Levy by tendering his resignation after only two seasons on the job, ESPN.com confirmed.”

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

As I stated above, that link/source was provided to refute your claim that pass-blocking was not a weakness of his in college.  It was.

Do you have any link/source to contribute demonstrating that blocking has become a strength of his?

As i stated above, he wasnt asked to do that in college. Further info has been provided over 2 football seasons to show no discernable difference in their pass blocking skills and yet you persist?

Neither the scouts, nor you has seen all of derrick in college like i have, so ill take their analysis for what it is worth, a grain of salt.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

As i stated above, he wasnt asked to do that in college. 

Which might explain why he isn’t good at it - or might explain why he wasn’t “asked” to do it in the first place.  Are you still contending it was one of his strong suits?

Honestly, if you have some quote to contribute from the Titans coaching staff lauding his pass-blocking prowess, I’m all ears.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Which might explain why he isn’t good at it - or might explain why he wasn’t “asked” to do it in the first place.  Are you still contending it was one of his strong suits?

Honestly, if you have some quote to contribute from the Titans coaching staff lauding his pass-blocking prowess, I’m all ears.

He is as good as demarco murray at it. Based off the professionals at PFF that you like listening to so much.

I already know Mularkey is inept so i would never expect to see a quote like that from him.

The same ones who just lost back to back games and about to miss the playoffs?

Sounds legit.

Sure but I doubt you or anyone else on this forum would win a single quarter all year

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is as good as demarco murray at it. Based off the professionals at PFF that you like listening to so much.

I already know Mularkey is inept so i would never expect to see a quote like that from him.

That is either a misleading or disingenuous interpretation of PFF’s statistics.  It’s akin to suggesting that a pinch-hitter batting around .400 in like 50 plate appearances is one of the best hitters in the game.  

My point is, there is, in all likelihood, a reason that Derrick Henry wasn’t asked to pass-block much in college, and that he hasn’t been asked to do it much at the pro level, either.

Neither the scouts, nor you has seen all of derrick in college like i have...

Yikes!

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That is either a misleading or disingenuous interpretation of PFF’s statistics.  It’s akin to suggesting that a pinch-hitter batting around .400 in like 50 plate appearances is one of the best hitters in the game.  

My point is, there is, in all likelihood, a reason that Derrick Henry wasn’t asked to pass-block much in college, and that he hasn’t been asked to do it much at the pro level, either.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011dmurray_greg.php

Here ya go, a scouting report that says demarco murray cant pass protect.

Scouting reports are subjective and no true indicator to a players talent. He  can do it, the coaches just wont let him

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011dmurray_greg.php

Here ya go, a scouting report that says demarco murray cant pass protect.

Scouting reports are subjective and no true indicator to a players talent. He  can do it, the coaches just wont let him

Actually, it doesn’t say that - it says only that he isn’t experienced at it.  What exactly is the point of citing a 2011 scouting report on Demarco Murray anyway?  I’m interested in some recent report on Derrick Henry.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Actually, it doesn’t say that - it says only that he isn’t experienced at it.  What exactly is the point of citing a 2011 scouting report on Demarco Murray anyway?  I’m interested in some recent report on Derrick Henry.

After you bring up his three-year-old Scouting Report from college now you want recent news?

Ok...