DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That and pass-catching out of the backfield.  I don’t pretend to understand them, either.  But for fantasy purposes, he is a loss so far.   Can we at least agree on that?

Yes I would. I expected him to be. I took him in my dynasty league and I've had him on the bench all year. I didn't expect much this year. I was just wrong about the reason. I thought Murray would still be decent, I didn't expect him to fall off this badly. I didn't think the real reason would be the coaches wouldn't let 2016 go. I'm hoping for a coaching change but I'm very confident the front office will send Murray packing and essentially force the coaches to play Henry

Edited by theking759

3 hours ago, theking759 said:

They're lucky to have 8 wins. They've been outscored on the season. Football reference says they should be at 6.4 wins based on their performance. So they lucked into a win or 2. Not to mention free wins against the Colts which Vegas couldn't be sure of.

Like the 2 wins where derrick finished off the colts? Or where derrick beat the Jags with 14 for 90+yds and a TD.

Titans have won 8 games despite mularkey not because of him.

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Like the 2 wins where derrick finished off the colts? Or where derrick beat the Jags with 14 for 90+yds and a TD.

Titans have won 8 games despite mularkey not because of him.

Did you read any of my posts? I've been ripping him the whole time. I agree he doesn't use Henry enough

One thing we all can agree upon the Titans didn't use Derrick Henry enough, since (to my eyes) DeMarco Murray wasn't up to his 2016 form.

I stayed away from Murray on draft day this year....His ADP was damn too high and I was expecting some regression but not this much, while I was all-in on Henry, that was another bad move on my part since Henry was useless all season. He just couldn't make my starting lineup because I had no idea what his production might be for any given week.

38 minutes ago, theking759 said:

Did you read any of my posts? I've been ripping him the whole time. I agree he doesn't use Henry enough

Yep, i was agreeing with you.

Man - anyone advocating that this guy was even good as a flex this year was dead wrong.  Case closed.

2 hours ago, theking759 said:

Yes I would. I expected him to be. I took him in my dynasty league and I've had him on the bench all year. I didn't expect much this year. I was just wrong about the reason. I thought Murray would still be decent, I didn't expect him to fall off this badly. I didn't think the real reason would be the coaches wouldn't let 2016 go. I'm hoping for a coaching change but I'm very confident the front office will send Murray packing and essentially force the coaches to play Henry

I like the admission of error here.

Derrick Henry’s role in the Titans offense is somewhat of a mystery. It’s clear the coaching staff doesn’t trust him as a pass protector and a receiver, which pigeonholes him into a role as a runner. The coaching staff’s reluctance to ask Henry to regularly contribute as something other than a runner leads to some games where Henry doesn’t get a lot of time on the field. The numbers from this season lend credence to the idea that Henry simply needs more opportunities.

Sunday was another game where Henry didn’t see the field very much. He played just 16 snaps in San Francisco. That followed a 13-snap game in Arizona. The Titans lost both games.

The losses continued a trend involving Henry’s playing time. Tennessee hasn’t won a game this year when Henry plays fewer than 19 snaps. They’re 8-0 when he plays 19-plus downs. They’re 0-6 when he plays 18 or fewer. Those eight wins have also seen seven of the Titans highest-scoring outputs of the season.

This goes along with another Henry-related statistical oddity. The Titans are 10-0 in Henry’s career when he gets 11-plus carries. They’re 7-12 when he gets 10 or fewer.

Part of this has to do with situations. Henry sometimes gets more work late in games where the Titans already have the lead. However, that hasn’t been the case very often this year. Tennessee has played in a bevy of close games where Henry’s ability to close the game out on the ground has helped them slam the door for a win.

Henry also hasn’t been particularly effective early in these games. The former second-round pick averages a minuscule 0.8 yards-per-carry on 25 first-quarter carries. That number sky rockets to 5.3 in the second quarter on 34 attempts. Henry thrives in the fourth quarter though. He’s snapped off two 70-plus-yard touchdowns this season in the final 15 minutes, and averages a whopping 7.1 yards-per-carry on 53 totes. There’s something to be said for Henry getting in a rhythm with more work.

As the Titans search for answers, it’s worth wondering whether Henry should play more. The coaching staff certainly has their reasons for limiting his time behind DeMarco Murray, but all of the numbers point to Henry being the better, more productive back at this point of the season. Murray has looked better lately, but the Titans offense still hasn’t gotten anything going consistently.

If the Titans are going to make any drastic changes in the final two weeks, one of them could be Henry’s playing time. We’ll see whether the Titans turn to their second-year back or continue working with what got them to this point where they’re playing for their playoff lives.

Very well said - I commend this post 

I’m beyond desperate to be considering starting Henry in the championship, but I’ve had a bad run at RB2 as of late. Started him last week and he gave me 2.8 points. Any chance the Henry gets burn if the Titans fall behind big early this week against the Rams? Typically, Murray would be the guy in that situation, but given how high powered the Rams offense is, would the Titans even bother keeping Murray in during catch-up mode if they fall behind by say, three scores and the game is out of hand? The Rams are the 31st ranked defense as far as points to RBs.

Edited by nb009

Trash coach holding Henry and this team back all year. If Titans bum coach gets fired Henry could be a stud otherwise his career is just being ruineD by a POS coach.

This is it boys, it finally happened.........

Time to fire this cat up for nex-

...wait...

The Titans could be without DeMarco Murray in their last-ditch effort to make the playoffs in Week 17.

The veteran running back left Sunday's 27-23 loss to the Rams with a knee injury, and ESPN reported initial exams showed a sprained lateral collateral ligament. Murray will have an MRI exam Monday to confirm the extent of the damage.

Titans coach Mike Mularkey said after Sunday's game that it "doesn't look good."

Murray has shared the load with Derrick Henry all season, and he was Tennessee's leading rusher Sunday with 48 yards and a touchdown on 15 carries.

The 29-year-old has 659 yards and six touchdowns on the ground this season, in addition to 39 receptions for 266 yards and a score.

But with Tennessee needing to win in the regular-season finale for a chance at the playoffs, Henry will be back in a featured role.

"He'll get a bigger load — it's good for him," Mularkey told reporters afterward. "I'm glad we have him, that's what he's here for."

After a 3 game losing streak and Henry getting less than 10 situational runs a game the Titans will win if he draws the start and gets 20 carries.

Congrats to those in espn week 17 championship leagues.

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Oh goody we can see Henry suck without excuses

14 for 92 and a TD in Jax the last tine these 2 teams faced each other. He did better than Fournette and didnt even start.

?

It only makes sense in the 2017 Derrick Henry fantasy year for Murray to finally go down week 16 when nobody cares anymore. Henry will likely go for 24-140 next week just to rub it in.

Edited by griffin727

Word.

I actually get to use Henry in my week 17 Championship game. I’ve kept the faith all year.

Dont let me down!

only took 16 weeks but those who held through after the championship will finally get their due.

also here's the firing of mike muhlarky....******** bozo.

2018 Prediction: Murray gone and Henry anointed starter! Until week 5 when he's permanently replaced by some guy they draft in the 5th round this spring. 

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey refused to rule DeMarco Murray (knee) out for Week 17, and said the team hopes to have him for a "limited role."

Mularkey claimed Murray's LCL issue is a "pain tolerance deal." Whether injured or healthy this season. Murray has rarely been effective. Heading into the Titans' must-win finale, his 3.58 yards per carry is 38th amongst qualified runners. Derrick Henry's 4.68 is ninth. Murray (and Mularkey) has been holding the Titans' offense back. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday, when the Titans must issue their first injury report.

????????????????