DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

I'm not giving up on this. I'm gonna keep him again, I'm in this deep, time to double down on D Hen in 2018! 

My instincts think Mularkey gets the can. 

He's probably going to get all the run in week 17 due to Murray's knee. 

He plays the Jags, I'll probably watch that game on ticket If Murray is out. 

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey refused to rule DeMarco Murray (knee) out for Week 17, and said the team hopes to have him for a "limited role."

Mularkey claimed Murray's LCL issue is a "pain tolerance deal." Whether injured or healthy this season. Murray has rarely been effective. Heading into the Titans' must-win finale, his 3.58 yards per carry is 38th amongst qualified runners. Derrick Henry's 4.68 is ninth. Murray (and Mularkey) has been holding the Titans' offense back. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday, when the Titans must issue their first injury report.

:P for all those people who think he is OUT

1 minute ago, nflcore said:

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey refused to rule DeMarco Murray (knee) out for Week 17, and said the team hopes to have him for a "limited role."

Mularkey claimed Murray's LCL issue is a "pain tolerance deal." Whether injured or healthy this season. Murray has rarely been effective. Heading into the Titans' must-win finale, his 3.58 yards per carry is 38th amongst qualified runners. Derrick Henry's 4.68 is ninth. Murray (and Mularkey) has been holding the Titans' offense back. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday, when the Titans must issue their first injury report.

:P for all those people who think he is OUT

amazing  - did DH sleep with Mularkey's wife? what is he so afraid of? 

40 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

amazing  - did DH sleep with Mularkey's wife? what is he so afraid of? 

Mariota getting destroyed by LBs 

I find this intriguing. The Titans are 8-7. They finished 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. 

If Mularkey trots out Demarco Murray, even in a limited role i think the Titans lose and miss the playoffs.

If they bench Murray and go with Henry and commit to him they will likelt win and make the playoffs. 

If the Titans make the playoffs it will be on the broad shoulders of Derrick Henry.

According to the record the Titans got no better this year and the best they can do is tie last years record.

If the Titans lose, mularkeys gone. Would have to imagine the new coach would send Murray packing. Everyone in the world can see Henry needs to own this backfield except the head coach.

Edited by GurleyMan

Avoiding this guy next year. 

It's easy to say Mularkey is an idiot and I'm not watching titans games on the reg to know one way or the other but c'mon man.. 

The CS obvi feels that Murray is the better. Assuming they are Murray jock sniffers or somehow blind to Henry's superior talent is a foolish bet. 

Edited by fingers
*is the better player

7 minutes ago, fingers said:

It's easy to say Mularkey is an idiot and I'm not watching titans games on the reg to know one way or the other but c'mon man.. 

The CS obvi feels that Murray is the better. Assuming they are Murray jock sniffers or somehow blind to Henry's superior talent is a foolish bet. 

You dont watch titans games but are confident enough to come here and say that not believing in the coaches is a foolish bet? 

If that is true then i wonder why coaches ever get fired. After all, they know what is best, right?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You dont watch titans games but are confident enough to come here and say that not believing in the coaches is a foolish bet? 

If that is true then i wonder why coaches ever get fired. After all, they know what is best, right?

Will you concede that it's just as likely Henry isn't earning the role? 

41 minutes ago, fingers said:

Will you concede that it's just as likely Henry isn't earning the role? 

No sir, ill go woth the team rushing leader as the best RB.

15 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Will you concede that there might be more to playing RB at the professional level than rushing yards?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If only Derrick was given the chance in 2016 he would have won ROY 

This year 2017 Derrick would be the NFL MVP .... 

53 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If Murray gets more playing time than Henry with an MCL tear for a head coach fighting for his job and you can't see the writing on the wall I don't know what to tell you 

1 hour ago, fingers said:

Will you concede that there might be more to playing RB at the professional level than rushing yards?

Not that derrick henry cant do.

20 minutes ago, fingers said:

If Murray gets more playing time than Henry with an MCL tear for a head coach fighting for his job and you can't see the writing on the wall I don't know what to tell you 

That will re-affirm what i have known for quite some time now.

Reason for us starting Murray over Henry is because Henry sucks at picking up blitzes

He’s a big dude that runs like chris Johnson, Except he takes way too long to get his feet moving in the backfield.

As bad as Murray has been playing...Henry is not ready to be the primary. Too many mental lapses and hands are not good catching out of the backfield. Also, he's not good at cutting and finding holes in the line

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

Reason for us starting Murray over Henry is because Henry sucks at picking up blitzes

He’s a big dude that runs like chris Johnson, Except he takes way too long to get his feet moving in the backfield.

As bad as Murray has been playing...Henry is not ready to be the primary. Too many mental lapses and hands are not good catching out of the backfield. Also, he's not good at cutting and finding holes in the line

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

I'll have what you are having.

where is someone with that billy Madison clip when you need it.

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

If only Derrick was given the chance in 2016 he would have won ROY 

This year 2017 Derrick would be the NFL MVP .... 

Next year he would break Emmit Smiths all time rushing record.

They already started construction of Henry's own wing in the hall of fame. There's even a special exhibit in the works just for HisCleats

Wouldn’t it be funny if Derrick Henry ended up winning the Derrick Henry Award in 2018?

5 hours ago, fingers said:

say no more fam

12 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I'll have what you are having.

where is someone with that billy Madison clip when you need it.

K.

24 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

What a waste of a season, demarco has the job until further notice

If you drafted Henry that was a waste of a roster spot for the whole season .... it’s a fact jack