DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

DeMarco Murray (knee) has been ruled out for Week 17 against Jacksonville.

The Titans were holding out hope on Murray early in the week, but he was never going to play. Derrick Henry will start and have an everydown workload with Murray out, making him a strong DFS play. Dealing with a third-degree MCL tear, Murray isn't a lock to return for the Wild Card Round if Tennessee makes the playoffs.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I think I'm finally convinced that you are, in fact, Derrick Henry. Do you give out autos over forums?

I really do wonder why the coaching staff hasn't given Henry more of a chance though. PFF isn't the be all for grading, but it is a good indicator. And when the two are ranked so closely in pass blocking efficiency, why isn't the better runner being given more of a role/chance? Why not ride the younger back? None of what Mularkey does makes much sense.

Thanks Murray, just in time to have no fantasy benefit for most Henry owners whatsoever.

Whenever I see Murray bounce it to the outside and turn the corner I'm amazed. It's one thing for Drake (or similar size back) to do that, but Henry looks like a defensive end, and can obviously also go between tackles.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

I really do wonder why the coaching staff hasn't given Henry more of a chance though. PFF isn't the be all for grading, but it is a good indicator. And when the two are ranked so closely in pass blocking efficiency, why isn't the better runner being given more of a role/chance? Why not ride the younger back? None of what Mularkey does makes much sense.

And this is something that has me worried about grabbing Henry as a value pick next year.  Despite the fact that Murray was basically injured the entire season, the Titans coaching staff was always ridiculously hesitant to give Murray a rest and let Henry start for a week or two.  They were even acting like maybe possibly Murray would play with a torn meniscus in Week 17.

The coaches probably know something about Henry that we don't, and that worries me for next year (where I'm guessing Henry winds up being drafted as a mid-to-low-RB2 in the Abdullah mold).

2 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The coaches probably know something about Henry that we don't, and that worries me for next year

eh, I wouldn't make any assumptions like that unless we knew there was a prior character issue or something else off the field going on. I doubt there's some big secret that only the coaches know.

49 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

And this is something that has me worried about grabbing Henry as a value pick next year.  Despite the fact that Murray was basically injured the entire season, the Titans coaching staff was always ridiculously hesitant to give Murray a rest and let Henry start for a week or two.  They were even acting like maybe possibly Murray would play with a torn meniscus in Week 17.

The coaches probably know something about Henry that we don't, and that worries me for next year (where I'm guessing Henry winds up being drafted as a mid-to-low-RB2 in the Abdullah mold).

The coaches dont know anything about henry that i dont. Thats how rumors get started. Assuming Henry must have some issue cause the coaches wont play him? How about there is something wrong with the coaches?

Henry is gonna run the Titans into the playoffs and past the 1st round if Murray is still out. The game murray comes back to "tough it out" will be the game they will lose.

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

I am DFSing the hell out of this guy.

Good play to me.

6 hours ago, eg4190 said:

Dude, I mean the history of the NFL is littered with horrible coaches that have made terrible choices & decisions, which ultimately get them fired. Mularkey seems to be one of those bozos. Diregard the 8-7 record (due to an easy schedule) because this team, especially Mariota has really regressed. There’s absolutely no reason this TEN shouldn’t have handed the RB reigns over to Henry weeks ago.

As I said in a previous post, what was the worst that would have happened? TEN would have gotten pummeled worse by teams that they lost to & should have beat? I mean, the games they did win when Murray was averaging 2.0 ypc, TEN struggled to beat IND & HOU.

At this point, it’s put up or shut up time for us Henry supporters. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this week as the lead RB.

It’ll definitely be interesting to watch Henry  - while I’ve repeatedly explained why I believe the coaching staff has preferred Murray this year, I do hope for the best for Henry - even if just to boost the spirits of several regulars (including Mr. Henry himself) on this thread.

6 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

D Hen's week 17  line

21/135/2

2/16

I will go on record right now saying that if he does this well against Jax D, this guy is a stud on par with Gurley.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I will go on record right now saying that if he does this well against Jax D, this guy is a stud on par with Gurley.

Maybe and only if Jax doesn't rest starters. But that's a laughable claim. 1 season full of one of the greatest fantasy performances of all time is = to a s--- week 17 game. 

This is what makes me lose respect for Henry. His truthers are just completely asinine.

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Maybe and only if Jax doesn't rest starters. But that's a laughable claim. 1 season full of one of the greatest fantasy performances of all time is = to a s--- week 17 game. 

This is what makes me lose respect for Henry. His truthers are just completely asinine.

Ha!  True - I’m definitely not one of those “truthers” of which you speak.  But if Henry can put up that line against the best defense in the league, playing a full game, with Mariota under center?  Hey, I’ll buy in!

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Jax has elite pass coverage in the secondary and is merely middle of the road against the run. 

Fire this up!!! :D

7 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Jax has elite pass coverage in the secondary and is merely middle of the road against the run. 

Fire this up!!! :D

True - they’ve been allowing ~3.6 ypc to RBs since Dareus.  And Abry Jones is banged up.  It’s definitely possible - but if he can hit nearly 140 on only 21 carries with two touches thrown in?  I’m prepared to be convinced.

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Ha!  True - I’m definitely not one of those “truthers” of which you speak.  But if Henry can put up that line against the best defense in the league, playing a full game, with Mariota under center?  Hey, I’ll buy in!

I'm far from a truther but just like I said the whole time if Murray gets injured then Henry has value.  Especially with all the rb's sitting out(gurley,hunt,bell) and more.  I congrat everybody that held him if they play week 17.  But honestly why play a league week when over 50 percent of fantasy starters sit.  probably more.

Edited by youngrice

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

I'm far from a truther but just like I said the whole time if Murray gets injured then Henry has value.  Especially with all the rb's sitting out(gurley,hunt,bell) and more.  I congrat everybody that held him if they play week 17.  But honestly why play a league week when over 50 percent of fantasy starters sit.  probably more.

Yeah, I understand people have their preferences. 2 QB, PPR, 10 man, dynasty, and etc.

However, a league that goes into week 17 is just flat out stupid.