DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

58 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

It's rather widely know, but if you need the numbers...

2017 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2016 NE was 4th in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2015 NE was 2nd in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2014 NE was 1st in the league with 4.3 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2013 NE was 2nd in the league with 4.1 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2012 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushed per game.

2011 NE was 1st in the league with 4.5 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2010 NE was 1st in the league with 4.2 Red Zone Rushes per game.

In fact, 2003 (7th) and 2005 (6th) are the only 2 times in the last 15 years that NE wasn't top 5 in this stat.

That is a different stat altogether. Pats are in the redzone a lot.

The percentage of run vs pass in the redzone is what would matter as Titans wont be in the redzone as much.

Edited by dmb3684

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots OC Josh McDaniels "would prefer the Titans over all coaching jobs."

That would include the Colts, where McDaniels was expected to land before the Titans surprisingly parted ways with Mike Mularkey on Monday. According to Rapoport, McDaniels is wary of Andrew Luck's health and is intrigued by Marcus Mariota's upside. The Titans also have a much better overall roster than the Colts. If he gets to pick between the two, it sounds like McDaniels will end up in Tennessee.

Jan 15 - 12:37 PM
Edited by The G Man

45 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

That is a different stat altogether. Pats are in the redzone a lot.

The percentage of run vs pass in the redzone is what would matter as Titans wont be in the redzone as much.

@Lord_VarysI know the Patriots run the ball in the red zone more than any other team.

@dmb3684: You just made that up. Source?

LV's claim was that the Pats run the ball in the red zone more than any other team.  Nowhere did he mention a pass/run split.

Having said that, I'm not sure the source I used above is the correct data I was looking for regardless as the numbers don't align with a few other sources I've since checked, so I would dismiss it.  It seems every site has slighlty different numbers, and the NFL doesn't get specific enough.

I agree with you, that the total number of runs by NE in the red zone, is skewed by the frequency in which they are in the red zone.  It wasn't the claim originally made, so I think you're dodging, but ultimately I agree that the stat isn't very useful without context.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the pass/rush ratio means anything either, because of the Tom Brady effect.  McDaniels likely won't put the ball in Mariota's hands (vs Henrys) as often as he put it in Brady's hands (vs the 10 randoms NE has).

So none of this is actually relevant in my opinion.  While McDaniels may have tendencies and patterns with one team, you can't automatically assume he'll transfer those to another team built completely different, with alternate strengths and weaknesses.

Since I've already done the searching though, here's some nice charts for visuals:

2017.png

Above is the 2017 data, where NE ranked 7th in Run Ratio (52%), despite leading the league in total attempts (105).

Below is the 2016 data, where NE ranked 3rd in Run Ratio (54%), despite leading the league in total attempts (122).

2017.png

*Just to clarify, these are Red Zone only.

Most interesting thing in these charts, is how JAX went from dead last in the league, to 1st in the league.  Fournette is an obvious reason, but the drastic swing is impressive nonetheless.

Edited by FFCollusion

Mcdaniels to Tenn would be huge for Marigoata

My favorite part about this thread is how DHC reacts "confused" to literally every anti Henry post.

49 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

My favorite part about this thread is how DHC reacts "confused" to literally every anti Henry post.

I react confused to posts that dont make sense towards derrick henrys outlook. Like your post that i quoted above has nothing to do with derrick henry or his outlook, it is solely directed towards me. That does not help to advance the conversation at all.

I would not mind Mike Vrabel as coach of the Titans if McDaniels is taken. Id like to see the staff that Vrabel could put together.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I react confused to posts that dont make sense towards derrick henrys outlook. Like youe post that i quoted above has nothing to do with derrick henry or his outlook, it is solely directed towards me. That does not help the advance the conversation at all.

I would not mind Mike Vrabel as coach of the Titans if McDaniels is taken. Id like to see the staff that Vrabel could put together.

his 2017 outlook is over B)

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

So are a lot of players threads still being discussed in the 2017 outlook. 

Not sure what you are saying??????

I think it's fitting that this happens on MLK Day because Henry is "free at last". 

At least - until we know whom TEN replaces Mularkey with. This is a net positive for his 2018 value regardless imo. 

I have strong doubts Murray is back, so this is potentially a big crossroad-type moment in Henry's career.

39 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

a-friendly-reminder-that-tom-brady-is-an

You’re in love with Tom and his booots 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

You’re in love with Tom and his booots 

Those are some really ugly boots. I prefer cowboy and motorcycle boots

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

Those are some really ugly boots. I prefer cowboy and motorcycle boots

Not sure if this common, but Tom is  the only male I've ever seen in Uggs.

10 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I think it's fitting that this happens on MLK Day because Henry is "free at last". 

At least - until we know whom TEN replaces Mularkey with. This is a net positive for his 2018 value regardless imo. 

I have strong doubts Murray is back, so this is potentially a big crossroad-type moment in Henry's career.

Are you that sure the next coach will be willing to feed his lead back around 24-28 carries a game like Mularkey apparently was?  Or was the coaching just that awful?

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure if this common, but Tom is  the only male I've ever seen in Uggs.

Those must be high fashion boots. Obviously his wife got him the modeling gig. :lol:

17 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

This is how you know that cleats' only purpose now is to simply drive up Henry's page count in this thread...otherwise, he'd start a new one.

He's stuck in his personal "Vietnam"

Edited by psygolf

the one thing i have noticed with henry is that he has alot of carries that go for - yards and im not talking about a one yard loss either 

i wonder if there were any other running backs who lost more yards then him during the year 

if DH can make the transistion like Gurley did wher he was averaging 6targets a game then you are talking a 2nd-3rd round rb in ppr, he would trade ahead of cmac in my view

15 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

the one thing i have noticed with henry is that he has alot of carries that go for - yards and im not talking about a one yard loss either 

i wonder if there were any other running backs who lost more yards then him during the year 

See that on the stat sheets? If you watched the games was Henry getting hit in the backfield for negative yards or the defense was keying in on him on run plays when he is in?

I dont understand how Henrys elusiveness rate can be so high when he runs for so many negative plays.

Murray was getting swallowed up behind the line all season long too.

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I dont understand how Henrys elusiveness rate can be so high when he runs for so many negative plays.

Probably because the “Elusive Rating” statistic factors in yards gained after initial contact - and Henry had two very long runs to boost his overall YAC.