DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

every one of you who respond with such lengthy and in depth posts deserve every bit of trolling DHC is dishing out.  

again, backhanded salute to him, he has made this thread one of magick foosball's most epic fishing trips.  

so, keep on feeding and bitin' folks - guy has you all skunked.  and i'm starting to root for him as a result :lol: (DHC, not DH)

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

every one of you who respond with such lengthy and in depth posts deserve every bit of trolling DHC is dishing out.  

again, backhanded salute to him, he has made this thread one of magick foosball's most epic fishing trips.  

so, keep on feeding and bitin' folks - guy has you all skunked.  and i'm starting to toot for him as a result :lol: (DHC, not DH)

So....you are a troll rooting for another troll. Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, degendynamo said:

So....you are a troll rooting for another troll. Makes sense. 

?✌?

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

so, keep on feeding and bitin' folks - guy has you all skunked.  and i'm starting to root for him as a result :lol: (DHC, not DH)

giphy.gif

The one game Murray was out of the way Henry commenced to destroy the Jags. Give Henry 20 touches and watch the kid explode. Henry is the type of back that you use the entire game to wear down the defense and when the 4th quarter comes he trounces teams into submission. Much like the Chiefs use Kareem Hunt. Put Henry on the Chiefs and he puts up a Jamal Lewis type year. 

43 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

Did anyone really draft this guy expecting him to be start-able while Murray is healthy? Him and Coleman are no doubt the best handcuffs to have, but pending an injury a 50/50 timeshare os probably the best your gonna get. 

Personally I drafted him as a stash for second half of season in hopes he could possibly work himself into a time share at some point down the line or even more than a time share.  Plus the fact that his handcuff situation was yummy to begin with.  I may be one of the few investors that has kept my expectations in-check since drafting him.  I never expected to see anything until the second half of season and even then it was still just a very solid dart throw like I said.  If it happens great, if not no worries and its not like I drafted him in the early rounds.  For me Henry was a huge dart throw but a solid one with plenty of potential and still is.  Nothing has changed the way I perceive this situation.  In fact, in my eyes,  Henry's situation is getting better by the week.  The fact that the Titans keep losing games and that their offense has been a pile,  something has to change.  That something could very well be Henry in the second half or at some point.  Anyways,  I'm one henry owner that sleeps very well at night knowing I have a guy with tons of potential sitting on my bench waiting in the wings.  Fortunately I have the room to stash and wait while it wont hurt me in doing so.

Someone dropped Henry in our 12 team re-draft league and I'm thinking of placing a waiver claim on him.

Haven't been keeping up with him, but I owned Murray last year and had him cuffed all season with Henry, because I knew how much of a beast he was. Is there any shot at Henry taking the job over at some point this season? Murray hasn't looked great this season, but apparently Henry hasn't either when he had the chance. With Mariota out, will they just stack the box? A lot of what-ifs, but I smell an opportunity here..

Derrick Henry sucks.

Sometimes the simplist solution is the best one.

Edited by Gandalfthecat

1 hour ago, TheLegacy said:

Someone dropped Henry in our 12 team re-draft league and I'm thinking of placing a waiver claim on him.

Haven't been keeping up with him, but I owned Murray last year and had him cuffed all season with Henry, because I knew how much of a beast he was. Is there any shot at Henry taking the job over at some point this season? Murray hasn't looked great this season, but apparently Henry hasn't either when he had the chance. With Mariota out, will they just stack the box? A lot of what-ifs, but I smell an opportunity here..

someone dropped him in a 12 team? pick him up faster than a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk then make a sacrifice to the fantasy gods thanking them for their kindness

9 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

Henry isn’t taking anything over this year unless DM gets hurt. At this rate he probably doesn’t even get the job next year. Mularky is a total moron. 

Week 2 head to head Jacksonville vs. Tennessee:

Fournette - 14 carries for 40 yards, 2.8ypc in am embarrasing loss.

Henry - 14 carries for 92 yards and a TD in a dominating performance on the road in jacksonville.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 2 head to head Jacksonville vs. Tennessee:

Fournette - 14 carries for 40 yards, 2.8ypc in am embarrasing loss.

Henry - 14 carries for 92 yards and a TD in a dominating performance on the road in jacksonville.

good stat. I like Henry as one of the top 2 or 3 handcuffs in the league. I couldn't pry him from his owner in a 10 team, can't believe he was waived in a 12 team. Pick him up faster than you would a drunk Lindsey Lohan at the bar...because someone else will if you won't

Edited by GueroG

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

This thread is just ... sad. (I own Henry, relax). 

Hes a must if you own Murray - otherwise he’s just a flyer that’s getting more difficult to hold as byes/injuries approach 

nothing more 

if you're in a 12 team chances are you are keeping several flyers on your bench. Gallman, Foreman, Perine, McKinnon. I'll take Henry 

22 minutes ago, GueroG said:

someone dropped him in a 12 team? pick him up faster than a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk then make a sacrifice to the fantasy gods thanking them for their kindness

Why? So he can ride the bench? 

1 hour ago, Baldy8 said:

Why? So he can ride the bench? 

yeah, right there with the other bench players who aren't good enough to start right now

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

giphy.gif

The Big Man is spinning in his grave knowing you used him in a Derrick Henry thread

I just find it amazing how Murray became an iron man all of a sudden

"Give this guy the ball more, he'll be much better on his 30th carry!" 

Rofl is this really the argument you're going with now? Pretty ironclad. 

On September 28, 2017 at 7:14 PM, bigfatandugly said:

lol demarco could be a double leg amputee and mularkey would still roll him out over DH. what don't you people get about that? 

they started a guy with a bad hamstring rather than give henry the start. this isn't rocket science and you don't need a crystal ball to see where this is going, maybe just some common sense which a lot of you are sorely lacking. 

keep hoping kids. if you haven't learned after last week and esp the week before that mularkey has no confidence in henry when in week 2 henry got vultured out of two TDs one by their 3rd RB when demarco left the game you never will.  

i love this thread. so many hurt feelings and dreams dashed. 

the delusion flavoured koolaid goes down so good in here. 

see you kids in a couple of weeks. 

#keepthehopealive

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry is better than Fournette at everything related to the RB position.

Shame the titan coaches dont know that.

except for football. 

3 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Has there ever been a more unnecessary abundance of posts about a backup running back?

WE KNOW HE'S BETTER THAN MURRAY BUT REPEATING THAT OVER AND OVER IN HERE ISN'T GOING TO GET MALARKY TO CHANGE HIS MIND

"I am a big fan of RotoWorld and often consult their forums when laboring over personnel decisions"

Mike Mularkey   The Tennessean 09/14/2017

34 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

This thread is just ... sad. (I own Henry, relax). 

Hes a must if you own Murray - otherwise he’s just a flyer that’s getting more difficult to hold as byes/injuries approach 

nothing more 

Unfortunately, he's just a flier.

Dropped him like a bad habit.

27 minutes ago, GueroG said:

"I am a big fan of RotoWorld and often consult their forums when laboring over personnel decisions"

Mike Mularkey   The Tennessean 09/14/2017

Unfortuantely MM is such a substandard coach that consulting this forum for advice wouldn't be such an awful idea. He's on the fast track to getting canned