DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

See below. :lol:

You're one of the more credible posters on this forum. Take that as a compliment.

However, your consistent siding with the most bias man on this forum and overall posting in this thread really tests it. The fact that you go to advanced stats BEFORE going to simple stats is ridiculous. 

34 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It is only a coincidence that you never see me posting whenever Derrick Henry is on the field.....

superman-iii-clark-kent-as-superman.jpg.cf.jpg

is it also only a coincidence that we never see you posting when Henry is checking in with sub 1 point weeks?

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

First off, people need to realize Murrays run was far more impressive. It's as simple as that. GL defense is used on the GL for a reason. While it has a higher probability of stopping a run, if you were to extend the field, a lot of these runs you see at the GL where there is good blocking would be able to go another 70 yards. Second off, yes it was garbage time. Indiana would get the ball back with 5-10 seconds. Acting like the game wasn't 99.9% over is a joke. Congrats, Henry added the final 0.1% to their win probability. Murrays run was not against a defense where there was only one guy back there and it was also not in flat out garbage time.

Second, the argument here was that Henry is far better than Murray. The best you have so far is they are equal. 

how was his more impressive?  Murray had blockers all out in front and just turned a corner... Murray had to cut between tacklers, straddle the sideline, and out run the back of the defense. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

You're one of the more credible posters on this forum. Take that as a compliment.

However, your consistent siding with the most bias man on this forum and overall posting in this thread really tests it. The fact that you go to advanced stats BEFORE going to simple stats is ridiculous. 

Simple stats are for simple minded fantasy players. 

I don't side with anyone. I side with what I see in the games. What the simple stats tell me and what advanced stats tell me. You think I'm in this thread to backup cleats? lol. I'm in this thread because of my belief in Derrick Henry and his ability to be an elite RB in this league, on a team with a solid to very good o-line and his ability to punish defenses with his running style and size. 

2 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

how was his more impressive?  Murray had blockers all out in front and just turned a corner... Murray had to cut between tacklers, straddle the sideline, and out run the back of the defense. 

I'm sure there is a Pro Football Focus advanced metric to measure the impressiveness of a run, maybe how many Xbox controller buttons you would have to press to recreate it in Madden?

Edited by Novaray

Just now, Novaray said:

I'm sure there is a Pro Football Focus metric to measure the impressiveness of a run, maybe how many Xbox controllers buttons you would have to press to recreate it in Madden?

ps4 > xbox

and any run is impressive to me as my knees would blow up into dust trying to run that much.  But Henrys run looked like it was more reliant upon his ability as a runner than Murrays did. 

26 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

You realize week 3...Murray had 1 good run right? We all get murray is the starter right now....But theres a lot of time left for the wheels to fall off murray as well. Each have 2 TDs and Henry only has 13 yards on the ground less and that including 2 games where he ran for 7 and 9 yards.....

Henry looks like a big ole plodder to me. I don't see any quickness, agility, cut backs. He looks like a tall one cut plodder that runs straight into the D-line. If he gets lucky, he will break away. 

Murray is a dynamic RB.

2 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

In terms of game situation it was more impressive. Murray also had 5 guys within 5 yards or so in the secondary. Henry turned a corner and had to beat one guy and that's it.

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Simple stats are for simple minded fantasy players. 

I don't side with anyone. I side with what I see in the games. What the simple stats tell me and what advanced stats tell me. You think I'm in this thread to backup cleats? lol. I'm in this thread because of my belief in Derrick Henry and his ability to be an elite RB in this league, on a team with a solid to very good o-line and his ability to punish defenses with his running style and size. 

Henry has consistently proven you wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Murray was a dynamic RB.

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You missed the most important message

fantasy football leagues don't have advanced metrics as any category 

its all about the yards & TD's  ..

You missed the point. Unless you have a crystal ball in your house, the only way to predict (at least attempt to be right) in fantasy football is to look at as much data as possible so that you can see trends, predict what the team/HC might do in the future so that you can hedge yourself with that and be ready for that outcome. If someone is just looking at YPC they are short changing themselves and don't realize how much more data there is available to better understand how well or poorly a player is playing. 

I am not playing for this week only. I am playing for several weeks into the future. So yes, I will use what I see on game day watching the game but I will also use advanced metrics to give me a clearer understanding of what I saw on the field and where I see trends going. 

Anyways, see you guys in a month after he puts up another 3 clunkers followed by one nice run

1 minute ago, Novaray said:

Anyways, see you guys in a month after he puts up another 3 clunkers followed by one nice run

you mean in the demarco murray thread?

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Henry turned a corner and had to beat one guy and that's it.

CtcjLpu.gif

That's not what I see. I see he had to beat #44, #57, #29 and #57 again

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Henry has consistently proven you wrong. 

Proven me wrong about what? When given the chance, Henry puts up fantasy points and changes the way this offense works and helps the team move the ball. 

Just now, GurleyMan said:

you mean in the demarco murray thread?

Why not both?

9 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

It's crazy that even people who watched the entire game are being fooled by the box score.

Here’s how I see it. 

I agree that early on, like before the fourth quarter, Murray looked better than Henry. I saw one play in particular where Henry tried to bounce one outside where he could’ve continued off tackle for a good gain. Also that GL run, yuck. 

However, he definitely wore that defense down in the 4th. And here’s what I think a lot of us believe: he needs at least a dozen carries and he can do damage. 

Think about it. How many of us want a RB who gets 20+ touches a game?  All of us, right?  And we have seen what some of these volume backs are capable of, which is to say not much. Jordan Howard had what, 36 carries Sunday? Granted he got 160 yards but what if Henry had that many last night?  Jay Ajayi is lauded for his touches but hasn’t done anything with them. Same with Crowell. Imagine Henry getting the work Crowell gets week in week out?

so what I’m saying is give Henry the touches and good things happen.  

For all the talk of “advanced metrics” you guys are all conveniently neglecting the fact that big run happened at the very end of the game after Murray had already worn down the defense. But continue circle jerking your 5th round backup RB

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

CtcjLpu.gif

That's not what I see. I see he had to beat #44, #57, #29 and #57 again

Proven me wrong about what? When given the chance, Henry puts up fantasy points and changes the way this offense works and helps the team move the ball. 

The defense was tired and poor tackling. You can't arm tackle Henry.

7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

For all the talk of “advanced metrics” you guys are all conveniently neglecting the fact that big run happened at the very end of the game after Murray had already worn down the defense. But continue circle jerking your 5th round backup RB

Henry had more carries than Murray just about the whole game.  What are you referring to here?

Just now, mpaynejr said:

Henry had more carries than Murray just about the whole game.  What are you referring to here?

G A R B A G E T I M E

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

G A R B A G E T I M E

You said Murray wore down the defense.  Make a cohesive point

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

G A R B A G E T I M E

being up 7 on 3rd and 5 isn't garbage time.....

53 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's actually hilarious. This thread was dead for weeks and Henry did really look like a plodder.

Then he has one good run. Not even a good game with good production but a run in flat out garbage time and suddenly he is back to being the GOAT. What happened to top 4 ROS? Or is that just starting today?

I clearly stated he would be top 5 with Murray out and a solid flex play with murray in.

Ive already clearly showed that double digit carries for Henry greatly increases the Titans chance at winning.

In the losses he had less than 10 carries and the results were predictable.

I love the "take out the long run" argument, same thing was being said about murray and his run.

Ive been in here the last couple weeks saying the coaching staff was costing them games by not incorporating henry, so not as silent as you would like to believe.