DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Titans coach Mike Mularkey also said Derrick Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter.

Posting as a source, and for the quote about Mularkey liking the split.  This is a start I suppose.

Just now, furbz420 said:

I'm sorry that's actually my bad it was another guy not you. 

No problem...

Speaking Tuesday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said the team's Week 6 timeshare at running back was a "good model."

Derrick Henry and DeMarco Murray both played 39 snaps one week after Murray out-snapped Henry 49-11. Henry ran circles around Murray against the Colts, out-touching him 20-16 and out-gaining him 145-87. Mularkey also said Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter. Mularkey's comments make it clear there shouldn't be another game where Murray plays 38 more snaps than Henry, but it's going to remain a messy situation, with the veteran likely to continue taking the lead. Henry has been the better player this season. Maybe the Titans' workload delineation will eventually begin to reflect that.

4 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

mwT9NXe.png

jJp5VjT.png

J3CPIk5.png

Facepalm.gif

7 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Titans coach Mike Mularkey also said Derrick Henry has become the team's "go-to" running back in the fourth quarter.

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Uh-oh.

Que the DerrickHenrysCleats haters in 3...2...1...

So do you think he is a start this week?

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

So do you think he is a start this week?

I guess you will have to wait and see if he plays against you.

Once i collect enough information to make a decision then i will set my lineup and everyone who is interested on this forum can wait for your screen shot of it.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

bye week is next week for TEN, wonder if they don't just hold out Murray or limit him severely in week 7 so he can get some extra rest

Personally I still don't trust him until it's clear he's getting a healthy amount of touches every week. If it's a 50/50 split with Murray, he's a flex play certainly. If he's dominating the touches I'd put him close to the RB1 line at least.

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I guess you will have to wait and see if he plays against you.

Once i collect enough information to make a decision then i will set my lineup and everyone who is interested on this forum can wait for your screen shot of it.

Damn you have some balls. I would never bench a top 4 RB.

As someone who has them both via recent trade (and will play them both since it’s a large league), I thought they looked similar until that long run. You could tell Murray was gimpy but he still moved the pile.

titans have a nice schedule going forward. I think it’s clear that,  barring injury, neither will likely be an RB1. But it would be nice if they were used the way Freeman and Coleman are used. And I think Henry looks more ready to get the bulk of the work than Murray.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Damn you have some balls. I would never bench a top 4 RB.

Thankfully nobody cares what you would do, or what i would do, only trolls would.

As soon as they turn murray into the cop back he is then henry will be a top 4 rb.

You keep saying that, trying to give the impression that i have said he was a top 4 back even while splitting touches with demarco.

I have never said that and defy you to prove otherwise. If you cant then an obvious troll is obvious.

7 minutes ago, Butters said:

As someone who has them both via recent trade (and will play them both since it’s a large league), I thought they looked similar until that long run. You could tell Murray was gimpy but he still moved the pile.

titans have a nice schedule going forward. I think it’s clear that,  barring injury, neither will likely be an RB1. But it would be nice if they were used the way Freeman and Coleman are used. And I think Henry looks more ready to get the bulk of the work than Murray.

As someone who also owns both, I'm really tempted to start Henry over Murray this week @ CLE.  Game flow should favor TEN (in theory), which would mean more second half work for Henry when he usually does his damage.  Murray looked like a shell of himself last night on that balky hamstring.  I thought he was about to be ruled out multiple times.  

All said, I expect it will end up like the SEA game where Murray doesn't/barely practice(s) all week, I start Henry again, and Murray drops 150 and a TD while Henry does nothing. lolz

Edited by LSUtiger

Just now, LSUtiger said:

As someone who also owns both, I'm really tempted to start Henry over Murray this week @ CLE.  Game flow should favor TEN (in theory), which would mean more second half work for Henry when he usually does his damage.  Murray looked like a shell of himself last night on that balky hamstring.  I thought he was about to be ruled out multiple times.  

All said, I'm it will end up like the SEA game where Murray doens't/barely practice(s) all week, I start Henry again, and Murray drops 150 and a TD while Henry does nothing. lolz

If I weren’t playing both, I think I’d go with Henry. They basically split carries, and they won. So why change it? Their schedule and commitment to run the ball are positive things. 

3 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

All said, I'm it will end up like the SEA game where Murray doens't/barely practice(s) all week, I start Henry again, and Murray drops 150 and a TD while Henry does nothing. lolz

I got burned by this too, lol. Hesitant starting Henry this week. But w.e , letting it ride.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Thankfully nobody cares what you would do, or what i would do, only trolls would.

As soon as they turn murray into the cop back he is then henry will be a top 4 rb.

You keep saying that, trying to give the impression that i have said he was a top 4 back even while splitting touches with demarco.

I have never said that and defy you to prove otherwise. If you cant then an obvious troll is obvious.

Henry.thumb.PNG.515cd542c74b2cdbabea99b2f1f36286.PNG

mj-laughing.gif

image.gif

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-derrick-henry-rb-alabama

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630897-derrick-henry-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-titans-rookie

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/derrick-henry?id=2555221

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/02/16/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-alabama-rb-derrick-henry/

Someone tell me why these scouting reports are wrong?

Yes he's big and fast but weight + 40 yard dash does not equal an elite talent.

Just like the scouting reports said, he is limited laterally and cannot create yards on his own.  He is not a transcendent player, just a big/fast north-south runner who will have a hard time becoming a feature back because of his limitations. 

If a team decides to build its entire offense around him then he could become super productive but that's part of the problem with him.  His lack of versatility limits his usage and thus forces an NFL team to employ a certain kind of offense.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-derrick-henry-rb-alabama

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630897-derrick-henry-nfl-draft-2016-scouting-report-grade-for-titans-rookie

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/02/16/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-alabama-rb-derrick-henry/

Just like the scouting reports said, he is limited laterally and cannot create yards on his own.  He is not a transcendent player, just a big/fast north-south runner who will have a hard time becoming a feature back because of his limitations. 

If a team decides to build its entire offense around him then he could become super productive but that's part of the problem with him.  His lack of versatility limits his usage and thus forces an NFL team to employ a certain kind of offense.

1. Draft profiles aren't always accurate. See what NFL.com wrote for some of David Johnson's weaknesses. "Questionable vision" and "Goes down too easily." See, DJ's runs against Philly in 2015 and against NE in 2016.

2. Admittedly I haven't seen as much footage on Henry as I wish, but from the few games I did see him he looks pretty good at bouncing it around the outside and also running it up the gut in the middle. That's fairly versatile. 

3. He's young and in a good offense with a good run blocking unit with a coach that loves running the ball.

I'm not a D Henry lover but he's got some things going for him. I think it's too early to say conclusive statements like he can't be a feature back.

Henry is a top 4 RB now that DJ is on IR.

Last weekend waa the beginning of tge end for Murray.

Its over, Murray in his prime last year wasnt better than Henry, he just got all the work

Coaches are reluctant to make changes but job security and W's will force their hand.

You will never see Henrys bruising effect on a defense till he gets 20+ carries a game.

He got 92 on 14? Give him 22 carries and he will likely give you 150 and 2 TDs.

He catches too so 5 for 50 isnt out of the question.

Cant wait till they stable Murray and let the thoroughbread henry open it up.

Context for clarity.

This was when murray couldnt stay on the field due to injury and everyone thought henry was going to be the starter. You twist words out of context to try and feed your narrative, doesnt work on me though.

10 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Better than leonard fournette

2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

1. Draft profiles aren't always accurate. See what NFL.com wrote for some of David Johnson's weaknesses. "Questionable vision" and "Goes down too easily." See, DJ's runs against Philly in 2015 and against NE in 2016.

2. Admittedly I haven't seen as much footage on Henry as I wish, but from the few games I did see him he looks pretty good at bouncing it around the outside and also running it up the gut in the middle. That's fairly versatile. 

3. He's young and in a good offense with a good run blocking unit with a coach that loves running the ball.

I'm not a D Henry lover but he's got some things going for him. I think it's too early to say conclusive statements like he can't be a feature back.

The point is that I saw those same traits (or lack of) in Henry both at Alabama and I continue to see them in the NFL.  Even just comparing him to Murray and Gore last night there is an obvious difference in their quickness, change of direction ability, and vision.

I just think that a lot of people in the fantasy community have this idea that Henry is this elite prospect based on Madden level scouting of his size/speed and production at Alabama.  The scouting reports, and his draft position, show that talent evaluators in the NFL don't see him as the same caliber of prospect as the fantasy community does.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Better than leonard fournette

The NFL decision makers disagree with you.

Why do you think Henry is such an elite talent?

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry is a top 4 RB now that DJ is on IR.

Last weekend waa the beginning of tge end for Murray.

Its over, Murray in his prime last year wasnt better than Henry, he just got all the work

Coaches are reluctant to make changes but job security and W's will force their hand.

You will never see Henrys bruising effect on a defense till he gets 20+ carries a game.

He got 92 on 14? Give him 22 carries and he will likely give you 150 and 2 TDs.

He catches too so 5 for 50 isnt out of the question.

Cant wait till they stable Murray and let the thoroughbread henry open it up.

Context for clarity.

This was when murray couldnt stay on the field due to injury and everyone thought henry was going to be the starter. You twist words out of context to try and feed your narrative, doesnt work on me though.

Wait, so just to be clear two days ago he wasn't good enough for you to start over M Ingram, M Lynch, and Alex freaking Collins, and now he's a top 4 running back? Got it. Continue fighting the good fight! 

The point is that I saw those same traits (or lack of) in Henry both at Alabama and I continue to see them in the NFL.  Even just comparing him to Murray and Gore last night there is an obvious difference in their quickness, change of direction ability, and vision.

I just think that a lot of people in the fantasy community have this idea that Henry is this elite prospect based on Madden level scouting of his size/speed and production at Alabama.  The scouting reports, and his draft position, show that talent evaluators in the NFL don't see him as the same caliber of prospect as the fantasy community does.

Yeah I hear ya. Because Henry is a bigger back he's not going to be as quick and will have a lesser ability to make cuts and change directions. But he makes up for it with his ability to power through for more yards. I mean that's just the reality of being a bigger back. I think his vision should improve as he gets more experience.

I also do not see Henry as one of the elite backs. But he can be an above average back in a good run offense. And that has a lot of value.

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Yeah I hear ya. Because Henry is a bigger back he's not going to be as quick and will have a lesser ability to make cuts and change directions. But he makes up for it with his ability to power through for more yards. I mean that's just the reality of being a bigger back. I think his vision should improve as he gets more experience.

I also do not see Henry as one of the elite backs. But he can be an above average back in a good run offense. And that has a lot of value.

We agree that he could be an above average back in a good run offense.  Also that Tennessee runs exactly the kind of offense in which Henry is best suited to succeed in.

My point mainly is that while Henry is a great handcuff given the run heavy nature of the Tennessee offense, his talent level is significantly overvalued on these forums.  While that may not be that relevant to his redraft value, it does substantially effect how dynasty leagues view him.

The NFL decision makers disagree with you.

Why do you think Henry is such an elite talent?

He outproduced fournette head to head in college and now in the NFL.

He is a different style of rb, obviously he is not a small shifty jitterbug through the hole. Why does that even need to be mentioned? Everyone should know that.

Henry is a bruiser who wears you down. A 240lbs rb who can get to the edge and take it to the house? He can take it up the middle, he can catch passes, he can pass protect, seems versatile to me.

Why do you think Henry is not elite? Cause some guys on the internet said that he wasnt?

I make my own determinations.

Scouts said Tom Brady wasnt a good QB, lol, i dont care what fishwrappers like bleacher report or nfl.com say.

3 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

At times it seems like he lacks vision and other times (like the catch he made last night) shows he has some vision and made 3 tacklers miss and fell forward for extra yards, that goaline tackle was atrocious, he coudnt punch it in and i was upset, the man does need volume in order to produce.

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

We agree that he could be an above average back in a good run offense.  Also that Tennessee runs exactly the kind of offense in which Henry is best suited to succeed in.

My point mainly is that while Henry is a great handcuff given the run heavy nature of the Tennessee offense, his talent level is significantly overvalued on these forums.  While that may not be that relevant to his redraft value, it does substantially effect how dynasty leagues view him.

You've been around rotoworld for a while now right? You know that everyone always overreacts to every tiny thing right? haha that's just how these forums are.