DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

10 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Wrong dude!! Henrycleats was in context you are not and you keep skewing the context from the get go. Let it go. This entire thread is just bunk. 

If last week I said Matt Breida is going to be a RB1 going forward (you know, from the context that Hyde was outsnapped by him) I would look like a total idiot and rightfully so. Just like he looks like an idiot because he thought Henry was going to become a bellcow. It was a stupid assumption to make in the first place. Saying a RB is top 4 because you made up a context and then when your fantasy does not come true you blame that is absolutely laughable. 

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Murray has been impacted to varying degrees by his hammy since the preseason.  I think he knows Henry is pushing him and is doing everything he can to keep his job.  Bad news is if he makes it through this weekend they get their bye.  If he can get healthy over the bye than I don't think either of them will likely have rb1/rb2 value most weeks ROS.

I don't see why he wouldn't sit out this week. Even if Henry would go 20/120/1 the chance lf them ruling Murray irrelevant after is very slim in my opinion. Maybe the 60/40 split would just flip and that's it. The only way we see one of them get 70%+ carries consistently is if there is an injury. Seems selfish of Murray to know he can't play but continue to because he is scared to get less of a role. If both of them are 100% healthy it helps the entire team. I would say maybe Murray is fine but he clearly is feeling it. The hamstring injury won't go away unless you let it heal. He would get more or less 3 weeks to do so if he planned to sit out this game.

Just now, Gohawks said:

I don't see why he wouldn't sit out this week. Even if Henry would go 20/120/1 the chance lf them ruling Murray irrelevant after is very slim in my opinion. Maybe the 60/40 split would just flip and that's it. The only way we see one of them get 70%+ carries consistently is if there is an injury. Seems selfish of Murray to know he can't play but continue to because he is scared to get less of a role. If both of them are 100% healthy it helps the entire team. I would say maybe Murray is fine but he clearly is feeling it. The hamstring injury won't go away unless you let it heal. He would get more or less 3 weeks to do so if he planned to sit out this game.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but we've seen many occasion's of athletes trying to hold on and keep the lead dog role.  It will be interesting to see practice reports today. 

Good flex play and bye-week filler, even with Murray active. Congrats to all who held.

Edited by omnom1337

Tough sledding for Henry this week. Cleveland has not allowed a rusher to gain over 66 yards this year. Allowing an NFL best 3.0 yards per carry and no TD's since week 3. If there is an Achilles heal it is in the RB involvement in the passing game, where Demarco is clearly a better receiver.

Seems like this might be a good chance for Murray to get the run and underperform.The team can self-scout over its week 8 bye and have Henry run hot coming out of the bye.

Edited by mar1kle

4 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Good flex play and bye-week filler, even with Murray active. Congrats to all who held.

What? He's a desperation play at best.  Nobody will ever be excited to start him unless Murray is out.

17 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

What? He's a desperation play at best.  Nobody will ever be excited to start him unless Murray is out.

Murray was a spectator Wednesday after being plagued by hamstring tightness on MNF. Most signs point to Murray suiting up, though the Titans can probably beat the winless Browns without his assistance. Coming off a career-high 131 rushing yards on Monday night, Derrick Henry is the better fantasy bet this week.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Murray was a spectator Wednesday after being plagued by hamstring tightness on MNF. Most signs point to Murray suiting up, though the Titans can probably beat the winless Browns without his assistance. Coming off a career-high 131 rushing yards on Monday night, Derrick Henry is the better fantasy bet this week.

Theyre both not very good plays but at least Murray has the benefit of passing down usage.

Remember week 2 or 3 when Henry had the big game and he pooped the bed the week after?

One thing to keep in mind for later: As we move towards the end of the year if the Titans are out of the playoff race they have every reason to hand over the job to Henry and see what he can do. Murray probably isn't coming back, so they will need to know exactly what they have with Henry.

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

Theyre both not very good plays but at least Murray has the benefit of passing down usage.

Remember week 2 or 3 when Henry had the big game and he pooped the bed the week after?

Im pretty sure the coaching staff did the pooping but im still picking up what you are laying down.

I'm a bit worried about the matchup this week, think TEN has to throw more to win. The TEN defense isn't holding teams down enough for them to run the ball more and CLE has had a good run Def. However, Kizer back in this week and it is still CLE. Sooo...with Murray still nursing the hammy, you could do worse than Henry this week.

Simmer down boys, it's only Wed. Lots of practice still left to go before game time. Game Monday, off Tuesday, of course he DND practice today.

This is going to be par for the course here on out.  Murray doesn't practice during the week but suits up for the games and hobbles through the game doing what he can. They honestly should just rest him a week to get him healthy.  If they rest Murray this whole week and sit him for the game he gets two weeks of rest with the bye the following week.

With him playing he just risks having more setbacks and not getting any better.

10 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Simmer down boys, it's only Wed. Lots of practice still left to go before game time. Game Monday, off Tuesday, of course he DND practice today.

He Do Not Draft today?

Why would any Henry owner want Murray to sit this week? If it's a recurring hammy, there's a better chance it gets worse if he plays. That would benefit Henry more.

5 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Why would any Henry owner want Murray to sit this week? If it's a recurring hammy, there's a better chance it gets worse if he plays. That would benefit Henry more.

Ah fantasy. Give me points and f--- the players.

Titans felt good enough about him to have him in there for a 3rd and 5. If he gets stopped, it's punt time and the Colts still have a chance. He squashed all that with the TD run. The guy should be a beast if he ever gets the oppurtunity. He's been a FIRM hold for me as my #3 rb. That run Monday got me all giddy. Being an SEC guy I got to watch him every Saturday. He was a stud then and he's a stud now. Now, if only the teases would stop, lol!

Titans felt good enough about him to have him in there for a 3rd and 5. If he gets stopped, it's punt time and the Colts still have a chance. He squashed all that with the TD run. The guy should be a beast if he ever gets the oppurtunity. He's been a FIRM hold for me as my #3 rb. That run Monday got me all giddy. Being an SEC guy I got to watch him every Saturday. He was a stud then and he's a stud now. Now, if only the teases would stop, lol!

3 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

You must have missed the last few pages where a poster said henrys long run was in garbage time. Lol.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You must have missed the last few pages where a poster said he rys long run was in garbage time. Lol.

If it were a blowout then yeah, garbage time no doubt. That game wasn't over. Sometimes I wonder if people even watch the games.

3 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

I say play him!