DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

Speaking Thursday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey admitted DeMarco Murray (hamstring) isn't guaranteed to play against the Browns.

Source: Paul Kuharsky on Twitter 

Oct 19 - 2:50 PM

Hmmm. Maybe he is killable.

Lineup was set, but if Murray is inactive I'm going to have to have a debate between Henry and McKinnon.

Murray should sit, not just because I own Henry, just get an extra two weeks to let the hamstring heal.  If he keeps playing on it, it won't heal.

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Hmmm. Maybe he is killable.

Lineup was set, but if Murray is inactive I'm going to have to have a debate between Henry and McKinnon.

similar ... with B'more expecting some key interior defenders back, coupled with Mck's own (minor) ankle issue ... gotta lean DH if Murrays sits. 

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

The fact that he even mentioned this leads me to believe he more likely sits than plays... otherwise you let the other team guess on the rb gameplanning

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

similar ... with B'more expecting some key interior defenders back, coupled with Mck's own (minor) ankle issue ... gotta lean DH if Murrays sits. 

Cleveland aint too shabby against the run. They are without a doubt a pass funnel D.

Is there anyone of significance who would catch passes out of the backfield? Or would Henry take that on as well? (Or, would more targets just go to Walker/Decker/Mathews)?

43 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

But is he better than Alex Collins? :lol:

Speaking Thursday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey admitted DeMarco Murray (hamstring) isn't guaranteed to play against the Browns.

Earlier this week, Mularkey was all sunshine on his running back's status. Thursday, he was talking contingency plans, saying the team could promote rookie Khalfani Muhammad from the practice squad if Murray doesn't play. It's a tacit admission Murray's status is in doubt. At this point, even if Murray plays, Henry will be the preferred fantasy back. Rotoworld's Week 7 rankings will be updated to reflect that.

He will be this week, yella fella.

????????????

Please don't make me climb aboard the Khalfani Muhammad train.  I can't take anymore train rides.

1. I don't this this has been posted enough times yet:

"Speaking Thursday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey admitted DeMarco Murray (hamstring) isn't guaranteed to play against the Browns."

4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Please don't make me climb aboard the Khalfani Muhammad train.  I can't take anymore train rides.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Cleveland aint too shabby against the run. They are without a doubt a pass funnel D.

Is there anyone of significance who would catch passes out of the backfield? Or would Henry take that on as well? (Or, would more targets just go to Walker/Decker/Mathews)?

meh, look at who Cleveland has faced thus far - Bell in the season opener, when he was rusty as all fudge, along with the whole Stiller offense - then a bunch of ham n' egger "rushing" attacks (Balt, Indy, Jets) - and last week both Foreman and Miller did damage - they vultured each other, but combined for over 150 total yards.  

Garret healthy is a huge plus for the Browns, but they are far from a shut down unit.   plus Henry should get a couple short fields after turnovers, etc. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

If Murray sits, does Henry become a 3 down back? Who else is there/COP back?

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

If Murray sits, does Henry become a 3 down back? Who else is there/COP back?

You would think so with Muhammad being a call up option like Mularkey stated. Henry can catch, they just have to give him the opportunities. I guess a big workload in second half regardless if murray sits or not. They should be up a ton.

Some dude named David Fluellen is listed as their 3rd RB. So yes, DH becomes a 3rd down back if Murray sits.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Few things.

1. The coaching staff is not unleashing Henry because they hate him, don't want to win games, and all this other crap? Did you ever consider that he actually is not all that better than Murray? You look at all these fancy stats the coaches watch them play almost everyday for hours but sure. A few numbers and highlights outweigh that.

2. The low carries argument is a double edged sword. You can claim all day with one edge that he isn't getting enough carries that's why he isn't putting up points. However, a ton of RBs have looked good in a limited role but failed when their carries got increased.

I just find the entire blaming the coaching staff for the failure of a RB ridiculous. We see it all the time where these RBs that you so desperately want to do good be behind another player and the coaching staff is always to blame. Yet when they finally get the chance they never deliver. I wonder why... It's like NFL coaches know better... Go figure.

No, never considered that he is not better than Murray.

Henry demoralizes defenses, Murray doesnt.

Sure, Henry can go a quarter or even 2 without a run longer than 8 yards but late in the 3rd and into the 4th you will start seeing 12,15, 20 yard runs in succession. 

If im not mistaken Henry got the last 5 offensive plays in the 4th quarter against the colts and went something like 5 for 85 and a TD to seal the win (in garbage time according to you) Only his 19th carry of the game too. 

Yeah, coaching staffs have a long history of making mistakes, its why they get fired or never make the playoffs, like Mularkey who coached himself right out of the playoffs last year.

I am all aboard on the Henry hype train. 

You think cleats will start Henry this week?

Firing him up in my RB2 spot.  It's either that, or Lynch tonight. CHOO CHOO!!

I need an OUT next to Murray's name before i'm punching the submit button on Henry in at Flex.

Remember when this exact. same. thing. happened week 3?  Then Murray went on to have a 14-115-1 game and Henry ended up with 13-54-0....

Yeah me too...

He's basically unstartable, outside of a desperation flex,  unless Murray is inactive.

Edited by Gabbed

Over at footballguys.com, Sigmund Bloom has already updated his premium projections on Henry assuming Murray sits:

* 20 - 85 - 0.8, 2 - 16 - 0

15.9 pts in PPR.

Ranked #7 just behind Hunt and Gordon and just in front of Ingram/Gurley/Freeman.

Hmmm.

4 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Remember when this exact. same. thing. happened week 3?  Then Murray went on to have a 14-115-1 game and Henry ended up with 13-54-0....

Yeah me too...

He's basically unstartable, outside of a desperation flex,  unless Murray is inactive.

Risky? yes. Unstartable? Probably a bit of a stretch. I don't remember Murray's practice log in week 3, but I doubt he was as iffy as he is thus far this week.