DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Remember when this exact. same. thing. happened week 3?  Then Murray went on to have a 14-115-1 game and Henry ended up with 13-54-0....

Yeah me too...

He's basically unstartable, outside of a desperation flex,  unless Murray is inactive.

I think the biggest difference right now vs. last time is there was no talk of bringing someone up from the practice squad.

4 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Remember when this exact. same. thing. happened week 3?  Then Murray went on to have a 14-115-1 game and Henry ended up with 13-54-0....

Yeah me too...

He's basically unstartable, outside of a desperation flex,  unless Murray is inactive.

Murray was active last week and Henry was somewhat startable.

7 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Yeah me too...

Well the quote from the coach made it sound like they are considering making Murray inactive for this game, so no its not really the same as the last time it happened, since this hasn't happened yet.

No one is saying Henry is an RB1 ROS, but if Murray isn't active this week, Henry becomes a top-10 play this week.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Murray was active last week and Henry was somewhat startable.

After two weeks in a row with donuts... I believe in Henry.  What I don't believe in is the coaching staff.

Prior to this news, it was clear Murray's hammy was barking and Henry was trending towards flex status at minimum.

If Murray is inactive, it's hard to argue that Henry isn't in RB1 territory in a positive game script scenario where he can potentially bludgeon the CLE D in the 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Risky? yes. Unstartable? Probably a bit of a stretch. I don't remember Murray's practice log in week 3, but I doubt he was as iffy as he is thus far this week.

He was DNP>DNP>LP leading up to week 3.  I suppose roster activity and tomorrow's report will help... but if Murray is active I'm just way too gun shy.

Just now, Gabbed said:

After two weeks in a row with donuts... I believe in Henry.  What I don't believe in is the coaching staff.

Same here, i benched him last week due to the coaching staff but he has top 4 RB potential and if Murray is hobbled enough to give henry double digit touches then he is a flex, if murray is out he is a RB1

6 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Yeah me too...

Yep I remember.....Murray needs to be inactive to make Henry startable. The thread is toxic 

step 1 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Yep I remember.....Murray needs to be inactive to make Henry startable. The thread is toxic 

step 1 

"Speaking Thursday, Titans coach Mike Mularkey admitted DeMarco Murray (hamstring) isn't guaranteed to play against the Browns."

This is what everyone is talking about in this thread right now...starting Henry in the case that Murray doesn't play.  It's not like the Henry owners in here are coming up with a reasons to doubt Murray's status out of thin air...

Bye next week gives the Titans two weeks to get Murray right. Difference from last time

3 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

If Murray is OUT. Henry owners

boner.gif

frrCu16.gif

I agree with those that say that DH was already flex worthy with a dinged up DM. Which is easy to accept after last game, and Murlarky's quote afterward. Now, I think his floor is RB2 with RB1 upside. 

I also think game script will be run heavy, especially if Tennessee goes up early. 

Titans have a bye after this game too, so it would make sense to rest Murray this week to give him some extra rest.

6 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Titans have a bye after this game too, so it would make sense to rest Murray this week to give him some extra rest.

Straight from the department of redundancy department.

Murray doesn’t want to sit he knows his grasp on the starting job is slipping fast lol.

19 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Henry might be strappin' on the feed bag this weekend!

Is Derrick Henry good enough for the all world Cleveland run d?

If Murray sits, who will be the starter in front of Henry on Sunday to split carries?

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Is Derrick Henry good enough for the all world Cleveland run d?

Depends on game script.

Yes, he's good enough.  If they are up by a couple scores in the 4th quarter there's nothing that can stop Henry when he gets 6 carries in a row.

Big if though.  Titans struggled to put away a bad Colts team at home.  Cleveland's at home and desperate and if there's ever a game they might win, why not this one?  I'm taking Cleveland with the 5.5 at least.

That said, if Murray sits, I can count on only one hand the RBs I'd start ahead of him.

Edited by Lord_Varys