FantasyGuru24

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

Like KB a lot this year. He's in that tier with Maclin, Decker and BMarsh as high upside WR3 guys that you don't need to crush a week to win, but when they get theirs you'll have a huge advantage in the head to head. Of the four, I rank KB below Decker only because I think CAR wants to keep CAM alive and do more dink and dunk with CMC. Right now I just don't see KB embracing the go route and blowing by someone, so maybe he's a volume dependent, red zone guy now.

2 hours ago, Mahomet said:

Like KB a lot this year. He's in that tier with Maclin, Decker and BMarsh as high upside WR3 guys that you don't need to crush a week to win, but when they get theirs you'll have a huge advantage in the head to head. Of the four, I rank KB below Decker only because I think CAR wants to keep CAM alive and do more dink and dunk with CMC. Right now I just don't see KB embracing the go route and blowing by someone, so maybe he's a volume dependent, red zone guy now.

As a 'Nole, I have to temper my blind-eye for Kelvin Benjamin, but it's clear he's super-talented (and somehow got the raw deal, getting injured for the season when the Panthers were unstoppable, rolling to the SuperBowl). He's supra-talented, yet, like you say, CMcC will be an interesting twist to Olsen stealing targets.

If he was only juxtaposed next to Maclin, Decker, and BMarshall it would be more straightforward... But, consider:

Emmanuel Sanders

Pierre Garcon

Jamison Crowder

Stefon Diggs

DeSean Jackson

Martavius Bryant

Moncrief and Snead slip a little after this past week, though will most likely bounce back (not that I think Moncrief is worth snot).

Out of these guys, I would suggest that Crowder and Garcon may surpass Kelvin Benjamin in full-point PPR (unless Oslen gets hurt).

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

As a 'Nole, I have to temper my blind-eye for Kelvin Benjamin, but it's clear he's super-talented (and somehow got the raw deal, getting injured for the season when the Panthers were unstoppable, rolling to the SuperBowl). He's supra-talented, yet, like you say, CMcC will be an interesting twist to Olsen stealing targets.

If he was only juxtaposed next to Maclin, Decker, and BMarshall it would be more straightforward... But, consider:

Emmanuel Sanders

Pierre Garcon

Jamison Crowder

Stefon Diggs

DeSean Jackson

Martavius Bryant

Moncrief and Snead slip a little after this past week, though will most likely bounce back (not that I think Moncrief is worth snot).

Out of these guys, I would suggest that Crowder and Garcon may surpass Kelvin Benjamin in full-point PPR (unless Oslen gets hurt).

I would add diggs to ur outperform list for ppr

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I would add diggs to ur outperform list for ppr

I agree, though I like Thielen as the value pick --- his depressed ADP and rapport with Bradford and soft hands make the Minnesota State product solid economics.

What is there to like about Benjamin? His rookie year was completely volume driven, bad coordinator, overweight. His adp is decent but what is the upside? WR is so deep I can rattle off a list of WR's with so much more upside than him. I can literally pick Greg Olsen every year and he's always underrated, that has a lot to do with how underwhelming Benjamin is. 

KB is a red zone monster.  He is so strong and uses his body to box out the CBs.  Did you not see the preseason game where he mossed Johnathon Joseph for a 34 yard TD?

On 7/26/2017 at 9:43 PM, The Caucasian Sensation said:

I like him this year. He is a year removed from an ACL tear. He put up over 1,000 Yds Rec. in his rookie campaign an almost 1,000 last year. He is the Panthers #1 WR and looks like a freak of nature at 6'5 240. Has a nice floor and this is only his third year on the field. I don't know that we've seen this guys upside yet. At a current ADP in the 6th round I'll get him where I can.

Agreed, he's a definite target, has Top 12 WR upside in the middle rounds; tough to find this year.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:12 AM, Robrain said:

I like Benjamin and Robocop this year for some easy TDs.

Is robocop a nickname for a player or are you being sarcastic and actually don't like KB?

24 minutes ago, dsmoke1986 said:

Agreed, he's a definite target, has Top 12 WR upside in the middle rounds; tough to find this year.

He's Mike Evans of the Panthers

On 8/13/2017 at 0:24 PM, cyberwatty said:

What is there to like about Benjamin? His rookie year was completely volume driven, bad coordinator, overweight. His adp is decent but what is the upside? WR is so deep I can rattle off a list of WR's with so much more upside than him. I can literally pick Greg Olsen every year and he's always underrated, that has a lot to do with how underwhelming Benjamin is

Yes because he's had two full seasons. His rookie year of which he was outstanding and another season which was the worst year for his QB. You act like KB has been consistently under performing for years.

Are there risks associated with KB absolutely, but looking around as others have stated to WRs drafted around him there are as many question marks without a year like KB had his rookie season. 

23 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Yes because he's had two full seasons. His rookie year of which he was outstanding and another season which was the worst year for his QB. You act like KB has been consistently under performing for years.

Are there risks associated with KB absolutely, but looking around as others have stated to WRs drafted around him there are as many question marks without a year like KB had his rookie season. 

KB has NEVER been outstanding. He needed 140 targets as a rookie to finish as a WR2, which is pathetic. And he's gotten worse since. 

He has a shot at outperforming his ADP because of CAR's soft schedule, but I'd rather take Funchess 6+ rounds later. 

30 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

KB has NEVER been outstanding. He needed 140 targets as a rookie to finish as a WR2, which is pathetic. And he's gotten worse since. 

He has a shot at outperforming his ADP because of CAR's soft schedule, but I'd rather take Funchess 6+ rounds later. 

Based on his personal performance, I agree that KB has never been too special. Sub-par infact.  But fantasy wise, he has definite top 20 potential. He was 9 points away from being the wr23 in my league last year (finished wr31, so it was crazy close in that range). Benjamin can be hit or miss (a lot of that has to do with Newton as well), but there's not a whole lot stopping him from averaging 7 targets per game. He also has a realistic shot of double-digit td's. Don't be shocked if he does finish the year as a top 20 wr. He has opportunity, and that means a ton in fantasy. 

Touchdown machine this year. 6'5" frame ... Cam bounces back this year.

ended up drafting this guy....if cam has a nice bounce back year it means great things for kelvin....supposedly kelvin is in amazing shape and was awesome in camp.. hopefully he can his best year

feeling like he can lead the league in touchdowns therefore great for standard leagues. just gotta stay healthy along with cam.

wasnt even targeting him but own him in 3 leagues somehow

My take it he is going to be heavily reliant on TD's which given cams health issue and Mccaffrey being in town with jstew, they are gonna let cam pass over running it while those 2 backs pound it

given his size as yes he is a large WR, and he isnt lacking talent by any means, and being the clear no.1 WR and target except maybe olsen technically

id have no problem with him as my WR2 if my RB or QB or TE is elite 

8+ TD's i think given cam and kelvin health is almost a guarentee imo

There is a lot of talk of a "third year leap" with some other receivers. This is his fourth year as a pro but only his third year actually playing. He had 73-1,008-9 as a rookie and 63-941-7 in the worst year of Cam's career last year. Is something like 80-1,150-11 that far out of the range of outcomes? I am willing to find out in the 5th round in standard leagues. 

26 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

There is a lot of talk of a "third year leap" with some other receivers. This is his fourth year as a pro but only his third year actually playing. He had 73-1,008-9 as a rookie and 63-941-7 in the worst year of Cam's career last year. Is something like 80-1,150-11 that far out of the range of outcomes? I am willing to find out in the 5th round in standard leagues. 

I don't think that's an unrealistic expectation at all. I was happy to grab him in the 5th in one of my ppr leagues. 

Took him mid 4th. Couldn't decide between bryant or benjamin. Satisfied as my wr2 in a 12 man league after taking Gronk though.

I hope cam has a top 5 year with KB producing