Sign in to follow this  
codyodea

Corey Dickerson 2017 Outlook

He's slugging .600, and he only has 15 RBI.  Joey Votto and Nelson Cruz are also slugging .600, and they have 35 RBI a piece.  

He's also being started in only 50% of yahoo leagues.  People are either slow to catch on, or they don't believe he's for real.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He's slugging .600, and he only has 15 RBI.  Joey Votto and Nelson Cruz are also slugging .600, and they have 35 RBI a piece.  

He's also being started in only 50% of yahoo leagues.  People are either slow to catch on, or they don't believe he's for real.

He leads off for the Rays.  Not many RBI chances there.

1 minute ago, DemOrioles said:

He leads off for the Rays.  Not many RBI chances there.

That's the injustice that goes without saying.  Or at least I thought it went without saying.

Ah least his runs scored should be good. But yeah I hate him batting leadoff as a power hitter.

It's the new way to do things, but it doesn't make sense with C-Dick as he's not a big walks guy. The problem is they don't have anyone remotely resembling a leadoff man. 

He just had a three RBI HR and is 2 for 2 today. Maybe the RBIs will normalize ROS? He obviously will have less RBI than a similar player hitting in a better spot in the order and with a better offense but 15 RBIs were low for a guy with 8 HR batting .333. 

He could be hitting cleanup for the Giants.  Posey does and while he's hit 7 HRs he has a measly 11 RBI

13 minutes ago, jb_power said:

He could be hitting cleanup for the Giants.  Posey does and while he's hit 7 HRs he has a measly 11 RBI

Posey also has a .600 slugging percentage.  I think your typical 3/4/5 hitter with a .600 slugging percentage over a 40 game sample will post 30 RBI, plus or minus a few.  Posey is an extreme abberation - a 44 RBI pace as a cleanup hitter with a .600 SLG is absurd.

18 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

savage complete savage

any potential he's traded to a good team?

He's got 2 more years of team control (arbitration) before he becomes a FA in 2020.  As well as he's playing, with that contract, I would imagine the asking price is quite high.

I remember a couple years back when a couple writers were saying he could legit win a batting title and not just because he played half his games in Coors Field.  I think he's definitely more suited in the 3 spot in that lineup but I don't know if he'll be able to keep this kind of pace with the homeruns. (I hope he will though because he's on both my fantasy teams)

He had 24 HR in 148 games last year and 24 in 2014 in 131 games (albeit playing half his games at Coors). I think he has a good shot at finishing with 30 HR this year.

Just beasting. Like this thread remaining quiet, we don't care with this kind of production. He can remain a secret all year long if he keeps hitting like this!

37 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Just beasting. Like this thread remaining quiet, we don't care with this kind of production. He can remain a secret all year long if he keeps hitting like this!

And now the RBIs are coming too now in addition to the great average and home runs.  

I retract my previous statement about Dickerson's power capabilities... this man is dialed in and hitting bomb after bomb and multi-bomb games. Total beast.

Keep carrying my team Corey!! I could not trade you during the past off season as no one wanted you and good thing I didn't. Funny how sometimes best trades you make are the ones you don't make.

Average is gonna plummet at some point as he's swinging at literally everything but the power is definitely legit. Helps that he swings out of his shoes on every pitch too. I'd say .260 and 15 bombs the rest of the way sounds about right... and checking with Steamer that's about what they have him penciled in for. 

Not to toot my own horn on Dickerson but, beep beep.  (Disclaimer: I'm wrong 65% of the time so I really needed this one.)

Came to see if there was any noise ITT about moving him down in the order. I know leadoff is hurting his numbers; LoMo in a platoon role bats 4th or 5th and has the same HR total with 30+ RBIs. However my concern with moving him down is he would be pitched differently as a result and we may not see the same hitter that he is now.

If he keeps hitting bombs with nobody on base though what do you do? What leadoff hitters have 30+ HR upside?