kidtwentytwo

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

my team flat out sucks this year

still super early. which picks have gone wrong? 

hopefully your draft didn't go Donaldson/Turner/Marte/Story 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

still super early. which picks have gone wrong? 

hopefully your draft didn't go Donaldson/Turner/Marte/Story 

I mean... I love that draft but... it's a worst-case-scenario kind of first four 

Machado (keeper), Correa (keeper), Cargo, E5, Joey Bats, Hanley

this just been a nightmare from hell

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

Drafted 7th this year and wound down my draft clock to 0:00 deciding between Harper and Donaldson.

Went with Donaldson.  

I get chest pains just before checking the Washington box score every day.

Good times, this fantasy baseball stuff.

10 hours ago, SheikYerbuti said:

Drafted 7th this year and wound down my draft clock to 0:00 deciding between Harper and Donaldson.

Went with Donaldson.  

I get chest pains just before checking the Washington box score every day.

Good times, this fantasy baseball stuff.

I traded Harper in a keeper several years ago.  It was one of those "flags fly forever" type trades.  Think I moved him for Cliff Lee.  I think I ended up winning it that year, but man, doesn't feel very fulfilling right now.  Still a big Harper fan, and want him to do well, but I'm with you, I get a little bit of angst every time I check his stats or see a highlight.

23 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I traded Harper in a keeper several years ago.  It was one of those "flags fly forever" type trades.  Think I moved him for Cliff Lee.  I think I ended up winning it that year, but man, doesn't feel very fulfilling right now.  Still a big Harper fan, and want him to do well, but I'm with you, I get a little bit of angst every time I check his stats or see a highlight.

Hey man, as you stated, flags fly forever. You won that trade if you won the league. 

Edited by Mickey Donovan

6 minutes ago, Mickey Donovan said:

Hey man, Flags fly forever. You won that trade if you won the league. 

Just looked back and sure enough, it was Harper's rookie year.  I won the title by sweeping the pitching cats.  Lee went 7 scoreless with 6 Ks in the final.

I know you take that trade every time.  Still, stings a little now.

53 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I like that you say "Flags Fly Forever", yet can't remember if you won!  Classic.

22 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I like that you say "Flags Fly Forever", yet can't remember if you won!  Classic.

I couldn't remember if that was one of the specific years I won the league.  11 year league and I've won it 3 times, but it's been a few years since I last won it.  I don't remember exactly which years though, without going back and checking.

Edited by 89Topps

2 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I couldn't remember if that was one of the specific years I won the league.  11 year league and I've won it 3 times, but it's been a few years since I last won it.  I don't remember exactly which years though, without going back and checking.

Just messin with ya :)  I have the years that I won my league engraved on my brain!!

3 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

Just messin with ya :)  I have the years that I won my league engraved on my brain!!

Well, when you win as often as I do...

B)

I was upset about streaming Norris and seeing that he gave up a bunch a hits and runs.

Now I hear they all should have been errors charged to like the worst defensive plays ever.

Surely I feel better after hearing that...

Edited by JP1119

50 minutes ago, JP1119 said:

I was upset about streaming Norris and seeing that he gave up a bunch a hits and runs.

Now I hear they all should have been errors charged to like the worst defensive plays ever.

Surely I feel better after hearing that...

It was one of the most upsettings games I've watched this year. Absolutely pitiful defense and it ruined Norris start completely on it's own. There was a minor unraveling after that that didn't help, but jesus f---- christ that was awful.

8 minutes ago, CFN said:

It was one of the most upsettings games I've watched this year. Absolutely pitiful defense and it ruined Norris start completely on it's own. There was a minor unraveling after that that didn't help, but jesus f---- christ that was awful.

Right? Streaming a guy with unreal streak of QSs and against a terrible team should net you something decent. Nope...total disaster.

13 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Machado (keeper), Correa (keeper), Cargo, E5, Joey Bats, Hanley

this just been a nightmare from hell

I too kept Machado and Correa. Kendrys Morales has outproduced them both and he's terrible.

Just now, Mickey Donovan said:

I too kept Machado and Correa. Kendrys Morales has outproduced them both and he's terrible.

on the short schedule were you forced to start Morales against Sale and pleasantly surprised with the home run off Kimbrel

1 minute ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

on the short schedule were you forced to start Morales against Sale and pleasantly surprised with the home run off Kimbrel

I have nobody else but Todd Frazier who I think is dying. I've had to start Morales every day. Not going well. But yeah, bittersweet HR since I own Sale.

Edited by Mickey Donovan

Just now, Mickey Donovan said:

I have nobody else but Todd Frazier who I think is dying. I've had to start Morales every day. Not going well.

I am just glad Correa is back in today...0 for 2 so far.

I was missing his 1-4, 0-4 games in my lineup

BIG LEAGUE