kidtwentytwo

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

the only player who has reached base for me today had to leave the game because he got hit in the hand.

i legitimately hate bregman and story.  

I'm in the midst of the most epically bad 2 day stretch I've ever seen.  3/60, 1 run, nothing else.  That's hard to do if you're trying to.

We must have the same players because my fri/sat have been brutal. Praying for a huge bounce back Sunday which has been historically awful for me . 

starting b crawford and a bregman as my left side in a 12 team 5x5 h2h.... fml

stars and scrubs be working but damnnnnnnn i dont know how long i can take this 

Bench Coach Forum:  "Don't use a high waiver on Schoop..."  "Schoop won't be hitting like this ROS..."

Once again.  Don't quit your day jobs.

Got blasted today - my team did not show up while my opponent came out with his bats just destroying the ball today.

My line so far with George Springer and Conforto still to play:

2/25, 1 RBI... should've been more with Rendon caught looking in the first inning with a chance to do damage and Rizzo getting punked by Volquez the first time he came up with bases loaded and then managing a sac fly the 2nd time around.

Season high in points in one league but still gonna lose because of wheeler. I have bellinger, cole, degrom but he has kluber, beltre, ramirez, ozuna. Ugh.

Completed a deal for Urias on Thursday, a couple hours before I read that he was heading back to LA for further testing. Injuries happen and we sign up for the craziness, but this one has a special kind of sting to it. Anyone buy into the brave face the Dodgers have put on the situation (youth/acute v. wear and tear)?

Obviously looks like the right move by the manager, figuring you can win today without them, but DBacks have 6 runs through 3 innings and Goldy & Drury both sitting today. Could've really used some run production from them. 

Grrrr WHY DID I DROP MY BOY KEON BROXTON

I hope he goes back into the deep freeze again or this stupid rage drop will seriously hamper my enjoyment of the rest of the season. Seems every year I do something totally brainless. When will I ever learn?!

Dropped Cobb last week. Kept Guerra. 

Today:

0-10  and zero hitting stats 

8 ER

2.75 Whip

2 K

I'm toast!

My 10 team head to head categories 6 keeper all underperforming pile of crap team of Lucroy, Cabrera, Odor, Story, K.Seager, Bregman, Stanton, Springer, Maybin, Happ, Bellinger, Benintendi and Bellinger are a combined 5-51 so far this week for a .098 avg. Pretty hard to win any of the 9 hitting categories with these losers. Pretty much the story of my season. Yay!!!

Edited by laracco

Gotta love starting Finnegan, then having Colome and Rivero tonight.  And when it looked like I might get a couple QS out of Fiers and Manaea, Fiers's relief gives up a GS and Manaea gets yanked.  And to top it all off he has Severino, Paxton, and Justin Wilson.  And Severino and Paxton are probably his worst two starters.  Gonna be a long Fing week.

So far my pitchers have given up 15ER in 11 innings. Somehow an unfathomable 15 runs have scored against my pitching on just 12 hits and 7 walks!!!

To further rub salt in a wound two of his closers managed to gift him 2 wins on Tuesday.

Edited by Pablo989
Typo

Had a W last week by 2 points but the official scorer decided it would be cool to give Ichiro a hit instead of an error, which means Montgomery has 3 ER charged to him as opposed to 0 - which now gives me a loss as I lose the points for HA and ER ---- thanks whomever

Two outstanding pitching performances denied W's thanks to putrid relief pitching:angry:

*glares at Oh & Betances*

Agree to this sentiment as well, lost 32 points b/c of this....

and I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the 10 DL rule, makes me less interested in FB

the amount of constant whining by a handful of posters on this forum has gone beyond ridiculous

5 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

It's a vent and rant thread. What's the issue?

I'm referring to the whining in all of the player threads.  Whining in the vent and rant is fine but that's not whats happening

1 hour ago, jb_power said:

I'm referring to the whining in all of the player threads.  Whining in the vent and rant is fine but that's not whats happening

Got ya. ok. But is that really any different than the rah rah rah when a player is doing well?

1 hour ago, jb_power said:

The player threads have become unusable pre-game.It takes too much time to wade through the crap if you're in a hurry to get info on a player.

It's remarkable that I drafted three Top 50 players who can play SS (Story, Villar, Segura), and I have basically got only three weeks of above replacement level production from the position all season.