kidtwentytwo

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

With most teams playing 6 games and some teams going with a 6 man rotation figuring out pitching probables and match ups is difficult. Very little confidence on probables for next weekend leaving alot of questions on 2 start pitchers this week. 

6 hours ago, jb_power said:

Weaver last night and Gausman tonight.  thanks for the ratio whuppin guys

Same here with a couple close to but no cigar QS chances from McHugh and Mengden.  And of course this spectacular start to the week from my pitching comes when my opponent is also having a bad week by his standards.  Knew his pitching would be tough to beat and then when he throws me an underhand pitch my guys just whiff.

Lost the semis last week by a hair. Am still playing for money (3rd place).  You would think that a 2 start week with Paxton, C Martinez, Pomeranz would be great? Nope.

Then my batters already checked out with a special FU to Smoak, Machado, Springer, Schoop, Contreras.

Sometimes I hate H2H.

I HATE THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON AND YAHOO!'S "EXPERTS" WHO DON'T KNOW s---

Dropped Robbie Ray because Yahoo said last night was "likely" his last start of the season. Now he's pitching on Sunday and it's highly unlikely I'll be able to snag him back up. I need all the innings I can get. This better not cost me my matchup... so angry right now.

have to sit one of trout, c seager as i start bird in the early game because i was worried my people would sit smh... will be an easy seager sit if trout plays but still seager @col fml

Thanks for book ending my week with two equally atrocious starts Jered I mean Luke Weaver

Luke Weaver screwed the whole week up on Monday, then Bumgarner got shut down.

So, I streamed Gausman and Richards, who both sucked.  I added Odorizzi, who pitched well, but got pulled after 4, so no W.

Then, DeGrom got shut down.  (To further irritate things, I'm playing the guy I traded with to get DeGrom.)

Cole sucked, as usual, but I didn't have much choice.

Now, Weaver sucks again.

Dominated pitching categories all year, only to blow it all in the championship week.  25 weeks flushed down the toilet because of a single start on Monday night that forced me to do something I hate doing.

Unless the 6 starters I'm running out there can somehow help me flip Ks and Ws for the week (and my hitters can make some contact so I don't give AVG away).

Edited by Ryno23

13 minutes ago, Ryno23 said:

Dominated pitching categories all year, only to blow it all in the championship week. 

1 week is a small sample size. That's unfortunate. 

29 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Thanks for book ending my week with two equally atrocious starts Jered  Jeff I mean Luke Weaver

fixed it for you

Dyson blows the save opp (not a big deal) to basically gift wrap a save for Hand (big deal as my opponent has him).  Now down 3-1 in saves.  But what infuriates me most is only having one save from Rivero, Colome, Jansen, and Holland.  Been the saves leader all Fing season and they've managed ONE SAVE championship week?!?

And of course TB scores in the bottom of the 7th to watch another save opp slowly slip away.  Just utter BS.

3 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Thanks for book ending my week with two equally atrocious starts Jered I mean Luke Weaver

Cool Hand Luke cost me 1st place in my dynasty roto league with his 2 horrendous starts this week.

currently down 1.5 points with little hope of gaining back the damage he caused to my ratios

And final week of the season strikes again.  Love the 5 Fing innings from Kluber....

Cut Kiermaier last night in desperation SP mode, after he sat 2 days -- steals 2 bases today.

I'm down 3-2 in SBs.  Those 2 could cost me a title.

No chance at winning QS now with Kluber getting cut short and Davies getting shut down.  And Ks will really be in jeopardy as well considering both of my opponents starters tomorrow play for crap teams.  Here's to hoping Mengden can go bananas for me.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Fantasy playoffs should be over by the time the last week of the regular season starts. This is utter nonsense.

Both of us in the championship matchup brought this up to the commish.  Luckily my opponent is the co-commish, so I think there will be a change next season.

screw off Gibby .. Donaldson already lost 2 months of season put him in. LOL I made preemptive moves friday for today because there is slim pickins and the 4 teams battling would likely go after pitching so i pick up breault hoping wash puts out a minor league squad w nothing to play for..NOPE!!! Puts in A team

15 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Nice to see Anderson's start got canceled and half my lineup is out today

same and the 2nd half of my team hasnt summit their lineups yet (az, col, la,)

my opponent is going to have 50 more abs than my team this week (have to hold onto a 3 run, 3 hr, 15 pt avg lead)

not confident at all

Edited by colepenhagen