TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

Surprised this hasnt been made already.

2 HRs opening day! 

Edited by jamesfredette

I'd be concerned MadBum is going to start working harder on the hitting aspect of his game and less on the pitching

25 HRs and 4 ERA might sound good to him. It won't be as appealing for fantasy owners!

Guy had a perfect game through 5. Think I'll skip worrying about his pitching.

Why did he come out after 88 pitches?  Early in the season maybe?

7 minutes ago, B&F said:

Why did he come out after 88 pitches?  Early in the season maybe?

The announcer said Bumgarner went to the coach and said that he'd given all he had tonight. Given the hitting performance and that it's the beginning of the year, i don't think it's anything to worry about.

Edited by jamesfredette

The following is a factual statement.  

Madison Bumgarner currently has forty percent of the league's home runs and has double the home runs of each of the second place hitters.

14 hours ago, Short Porch said:

And the owner who is in a league that counts W instead of QS is going ape _________ right now.

At least my league counts Ws+QS as the cat, always makes these blows less painful. It's the way to go nowadays.

Great start from Mad Bum, was looking dominant aside that one inning and wow 2 HRs already? He looks like a slugger to me, damn fantasy should start including pitchers hitting stats.

Velo seemed up also, throwing 94 regularly when he's usually sitting 92. Good signs.

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

At least my league counts Ws+QS as the cat, always makes these blows less painful. It's the way to go nowadays.

Great start from Mad Bum, was looking dominant aside that one inning and wow 2 HRs already? He looks like a slugger to me, damn fantasy should start including pitchers hitting stats.

Velo seemed up also, throwing 94 regularly when he's usually sitting 92. Good signs.

And there we go: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/madison-bumgarner-is-getting-better/

4 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

yea will be interesting to see what his veloicity is at in his next few starts

most guns are juiced a bit early and greinke/melancon veloicity was up and didnt they mention that the new radar readings are out of the hand and not 50 ft or whatever?

Dear Giants,

Please score runs for Bumgarner. You've given him 1, 1, and 0 runs of support in his last 3 starts, while he's allowed 2, 3, and 1 respectively. You did give him 5 in his first start of the year, but your bullpen made sure he didn't get a win. Please do better

Sincerely

Annoyed Bumgarner owner

On 4/3/2017 at 5:45 PM, colepenhagen said:

yea will be interesting to see what his veloicity is at in his next few starts

most guns are juiced a bit early and greinke/melancon veloicity was up and didnt they mention that the new radar readings are out of the hand and not 50 ft or whatever?

Really why the hell would this be? Though you seem right unless it's just AZ's gun which would seem more likely. His velo seems to be around typical Mad-Bum again, it was never likely to expect someone with so many innings to suddenly increase velo.

That's why I play in QS+Ws leagues (Fantrax), the Giants aren't going to give him much run support this year. That offense is offensive.

my god, if this was someone like cespedes he would be absolutely crucified

Giants placed LHP Madison Bumgarner on the 10-day disabled list, retroactive to April 19, with bruised ribs and a Grade 1-2 strain of his left shoulder AC joint.

how long is this type of thing going to keep him out?

EDIT: It is, in fact, the throwing shoulder. Damn.

Edited by jamesfredette

Just now, TribeFoo said:

Well, this season ended quickly.

Haha...calm down...we dont even have the details....grade 1 or 2 ac sprain means minor...probably rest for a few days or even a week...hears to hoping he only misses a few weeks.