TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

Usually I'm cautious, but this is MadBum. @SD. It's a no-brainer.

Just now, exm said:

Usually I'm cautious, but this is MadBum. @SD. It's a no-brainer.

I own him in a daily change.....may just wait for the second start which will be against SD at home a better spot

but those who use him in weekly two starts against SD....couldn't hope for a better spot

@SD 

You kiddin me?! He'd still be a must start if he just came off a left arm amputation and has to pitch righty.

Set it and forget as long as he still has access to Budweiser, it's like Popeyes spinach. 

Anyone thinking of selling him based off SF sucking so much. I am concerned he wont get as many wins now. He should do well at SD, but I might try to move him for another top player.

2 hours ago, Stutin said:

Anyone thinking of selling him based off SF sucking so much. I am concerned he wont get as many wins now. He should do well at SD, but I might try to move him for another top player.

Depends on your situation.  But if you need Madbum I think he returns to form.  Hell he might be more fresh than most due to all the time off.

3 hours ago, Stutin said:

Seems like a relatively foolish reason.  For one, wins are very difficult to predict. Second, San Fran is bad in part because their pitching is bad (currently 13th in the National League) despite playing in a pitcher friendly stadium. But generally that won't affect Bumgarner when he pitches, since the majority of that comes from other starters. The offense is still not good, and assuming that stays constant, that'll likely ding Bumgarner slightly. But it'll be difficult to quantify and if that's the only reason to make a move then I'd say no. You'd want at least some other reasons.

6 hours ago, Stutin said:

No.  Chris Sale played on the White Sox for years and maintained his elite fantasy AND real life value. Bumgarner still helps in wins, era, whip and ks.

9 hours ago, Stutin said:

Not a chance.  Granted I've had him in my keeper league for basically his whole career, but I still wouldn't do it.  He struggled to win sometimes even last year, and while they are probably even worse this year, this is still Madison Bumgarner we're talking about here.

We expecting good results today ? 

I'm hoping so after the long wait and stupid injury. 

23 minutes ago, tonywow said:

We expecting good results today ? 

I'm hoping so after the long wait and stupid injury. 

Yes.  I would have been tempted not to pitch him today, but the fact that he did so good in his last rehab start combined with the fact that he's facing the Padres put my doubts to rest.  He may not go as deep into the game as he normally would have, but he still should be able to give 5 or 6 pretty solid innings and be in line for a win.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Yes.  I would have been tempted not to pitch him today, but the fact that he did so good in his last rehab start combined with the fact that he's facing the Padres put my doubts to rest.  He may not go as deep into the game as he normally would have, but he still should be able to give 5 or 6 pretty solid innings and be in line for a win.

Yeah I feel the same way. Just I know Sanchez and Hamels got rocked their first starts back from the DL which is fresh in my mind. I like Bums odds better today though and that he'll get them again next time out I believe.

19 hours ago, treat88 said:

Never chase wins.

Chase skills. 

The wins will work themselves out. 

Almost a haiku. 

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

no.   I'd pitch him in Coors today.    Hell, I'd pitch him in Alaska today.    It's Madbum

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

SAD!

Pretty much.  Now for the second game in a row, he dominates except for two HR's against the same crappy team.  Not that he was going to get the win anyways since the Giants' offense is horrible, but it's still disappointing.

Edited by KilloWertz

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Pretty much.  Now for the second game in a row, he dominates except for two HR's against the same crappy team.  Not that he was going to get the win anyways since the Giants' offense is horrible, but it's still disappointing.

it makes you worried what will happen when he faces a team not named the Padres

Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

it makes you worried what will happen when he faces a team not named the Padres

I don't know.  They were hitting him really hard early, and Nunez made a few pretty nice plays.  He obviously got it under control afterwards.

I could give him the game on Saturday since that was his first game back, but I was expecting him to pitch even better tonight.  Most of his pitches looked fine though, except for the Curveball, which he hung for 3 of the HR's he's given up in the two games.  I'm not sure what the pitch was for the HR he just gave up to Spangenberg.  I'm still not really concerned though since, even though these were against the Padres, he's still fairly fresh off of the DL.  If he's still hanging his Curveball a few starts from now, then maybe I'll get a little nervous.

Makes me think he finishing his rehab against major league hitters. 

Thoughts on tonight ? 

Decent QS or something meh, who knows. I'm hoping and really need him to come through with something good. 

I'm expecting better than his last start at the very least.

If his curveball is still hanging tonight, he needs to scrap it and work on it on the side before using it in a game again.  At least 3 of the 4 HR's he's given up since he's come back have been on hanging curves, so if he eliminates that issue, then he should be fine because everything else from him has looked good so far.

Finally getting a win might be another story since the Giants are a disgrace, but I'm still expecting a good outing.  I have Taillon as well on my team, so either one can get the win for me.

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I'm expecting better than his last start at the very least.

If his curveball is still hanging tonight, he needs to scrap it and work on it on the side before using it in a game again.  At least 3 of the 4 HR's he's given up since he's come back have been on hanging curves, so if he eliminates that issue, then he should be fine because everything else from him has looked good so far.

Finally getting a win might be another story since the Giants are a disgrace, but I'm still expecting a good outing.  I have Taillon as well on my team, so either one can get the win for me.

unless the game is tied when they both exit