TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

unless the game is tied when they both exit

I said either, but not that it was definite that either would. ;)   It happens where both get a no-decision, but hopefully that isn't the case tonight.

Solid enough first inning.  A couple of hard hit outs, but nothing looked like it was hanging too much so far.

9 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

he may get a win

stay tuned

I don't think he can hang enough curveballs to blow this one.

@OAK next week. Thankfully he has an easy schedule, stats dont thrill me so far vs these bad teams.

has he looked better than his stats? wins aside.. 

Madison Bumgarner will start for the Giants against the Dodgers on Sunday in place of Matt Cain.
src: Andrew Baggarly

2 minutes ago, LosPadres said:

You rolling him out there at home against AZ tonight?

honestly thought about sitting him in roto

1 minute ago, LosPadres said:

You rolling him out there at home against AZ tonight?

will start hit home against any team... his numbers home vs az for his caree are really good as well

After the way he looked against the Dodgers, I'd say MadBum is pretty much back to being a guy you pitch against anyone.  I could understand if this was his first or second game back, but you don't dominate the Dodgers by accident.

9 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Great start

Giants suck

That's actually putting it nicely.  I went to bed after Bumgarner was done, but I had already thought of what I was going to post here.  The Giants offense is a disgrace and honestly, Bumgarner is going to have to carry the offense with Posey to get any wins from here on out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the season with only 1 win.  Maybe 2 if he throws a shutout.  That's how bad I think their offense is now, especially without Nunez.  If I was any of the pitchers for Oakland that pitched in the two games where they got 11 and 10 runs recently, I would have retired.  This is coming from a person that is a Pirates fan that has had to suffer through watching their disgraceful offense for years.  The Giants are worse.

With that said, I'm still holding onto Bumgarner because he's Bumgarner and he's definitely all the way back.  I guess it will be on my other pitchers to pick up the slack for wins.

Edited by KilloWertz

August 9, 2017.  The day of multiple miracles.  The Giants score 3 runs for Madison Bumgarner, and Bumgarner now has 2 wins.  2!  Time to celebrate!

In all seriousness, both are borderline miracles considering the way things have been going in both areas.  Either way, another dominant performance from Bumgarner.  The wins are the only thing holding him back now, although obviously that is irrelevant today.

Edited by KilloWertz

7 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

yahoo is giving Madison the check mark for Sunday

haven't found anything about him being formally announced

Was watching the game last night and the Giants broadcast listed Samardzija as Sunday's starter. That'd mean Bum's next start is @COL, awesome huh?

1 hour ago, neljak25 said:

Was watching the game last night and the Giants broadcast listed Samardzija as Sunday's starter. That'd mean Bum's next start is @COL, awesome huh?

Looking ahead if he pitches Tuesday vs COL and assuming no changes to the rotation, the following week (fake playoff first round) is a two start week - although at home is against LAD and ARI.  Then goes one week later against LAD in LA.

5 hours ago, MonsterMan said:

Looking ahead if he pitches Tuesday vs COL and assuming no changes to the rotation, the following week (fake playoff first round) is a two start week - although at home is against LAD and ARI.  Then goes one week later against LAD in LA.

Maybe with Stratton scratched today MadBum will go tomorrow. We can hope. 

42 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

Maybe with Stratton scratched today MadBum will go tomorrow. We can hope. 

The Shark pitching today now instead of tomorrow so yeah someone has to pitch tomorrow.  Might as well be MadBum.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The Shark pitching today now instead of tomorrow so yeah someone has to pitch tomorrow.  Might as well be MadBum.

That is what it is looking like at the moment according to Rotowire.  I think the only reason why it was going to be Monday is that it was the next open spot in the rotation.

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Mlb.com schedule is listing Madison the starter tomorrow

GOOD DEAL

Good deal indeed.  Now we just need a good start.  :)

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Good deal indeed.  Now we just need a good start.  :)

I need a dub and I was lucky enough to swoop Weaver a few days ago

I just hope neither sucks and I protect my ratios

Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

I need a dub and I was lucky enough to swoop Weaver a few days ago

I just hope neither sucks and I protect my ratios

Crap, I didn't realize that they are pitching against eachother until you mentioned that.  That sucks now that MadBum had to be pushed back since I have both as well.  I guess that gives me a better chance to get a win at least since MadBum gets screwed almost every time out.

They should shut him down for the rest of the year, they have nothing to play for and he's not pitching like himself, give him the rest of the year off

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

They should shut him down for the rest of the year, they have nothing to play for and he's not pitching like himself, give him the rest of the year off

Up until today, he had been pitching like himself for well over a month.  While it is true that they have nothing to play for, he hasn't had a game like this since he first came back, so I don't really see any reason for concern.

I know it's not really his decision, but I highly doubt he would want to be shut down even though the team is horrible and basically never gives him a chance to earn a win.  He should bounce back nicely in his next start against the White Sox.