TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

Good thing he already got that enormous payday out of the-

Wait...

17 minutes ago, AndTheWhiffs said:

i'd like to see them try that

You understand that mlb contracts have been voided over pickup basketball games, correct?

There is no silver lining. Good number of seasons ended today.

5 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

You understand that mlb contracts have been voided over pickup basketball games, correct?

I think the larger point is that if they voided his contract he'd immediately be receiving 29 phone calls.

6 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

You understand that was because there was a clause in his contract specifically addressing that scenario?

11 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

But in that case Boone already wasn't that good.

Plus Bum is special in his attitude too.   In this situation a team could try and not pay the player for time missed but no way that happens with Bum given who he is, the type of guy he is, and that he is likely a giant for life guy.

9 minutes ago, mysonx3 said:

You understand that was because there was a clause in his contract specifically addressing that scenario?

and he's probably the type of guy that would put in his contract that he is allowed to ride dirt bikes, haha...or that he's allowed to do whatever he pleases. :D

S T U P I D

Seriously, why is he on dirt bikes during baseball season?  Why is he anywhere near anything remotely dangerous?  He should be bubble wrapped in a padded room with scantily clothed women dressed as angels on his day off.  His room should be guarded buy gigantic statuesque lions and men holding AK47 assault rifles.  Donald Trump himself should have to get special clearance to see him on his off days.  This is pure madness!

All I can say is that I'm glad I don't own him in any of my leagues.  I'd be in sheer panic mode right now!

5 minutes ago, mysonx3 said:

You understand that the standard mlb contract has these provisions? Allowing a player to participate in activities that pose an injury risk are concessions made to star players to accommodate them.

Just now, disasterisk said:

You understand that the standard mlb contract has these provisions? Allowing a player to participate in activities that pose an injury risk are concessions made to star players to accommodate them.

username checks out

Dude has never been on the DL in his entire career and a frickin' dirtbike breaks the streak? Good grief...

6 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

maybe there's some better hope.

Honestly 6-8 weeks is pretty good.  I can only go from my cool story bro experience, but if its worse than a grade 1, he won't even be able to lift his arm over his head without pain the next 2-3 weeks.  I was thinking it'd be 8 weeks before he even starts throwing again.  This is something can can easily flare back up too.  Bumgarner should have some of the best trainers in the world treating him though, so who knows. 

Sucks for people who picked him in second round. I wanted to but he wasn't there. 

6-8 weeks for a pitcher means more like 3 months. If the Giants are nowhere near competitive they might not want to rush him back before ASB. 

2 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

There is no silver lining. Good number of seasons ended today.

One silver lining is a reduction on his workload. He has thrown an awful lot of pitches last few years. If you can weather the storm you might reap the benefits come playoff time.

How was forbidding this type of activity during the season not part of the contract verbiage?

2 hours ago, disasterisk said:

You understand that Bumgarner is on a very team friendly deal that they would be stupid to opt of, correct?  

Voiding his contract is not leverage for the Giants. That is why in this case even if their is verbiage about that in the contract. Bumgarner and the Giants know that.

Look it up. He's only making 11.7M this year and then its 2 option years the Giants control to pick up. 

Edited by Slatykamora

I was able to get special footage of the accident...it's not pretty, viewer discretion is advised.

QgdzW81.gif

51 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

You understand that Bumgarner is on a very team friendly deal that they would be stupid to opt of, correct?  

Voiding his contract is not leverage for the Giants. That is why in this case even if their is verbiage about that in the contract. Bumgarner and the Giants know that.

Look it up. He's only making 11.7M this year and then its 2 option years the Giants control to pick up. 

You understand that the scope of the discussion did not speak to whether it would make financial sense to void his contract, yes? It was implied by the user I quoted that it would be difficult for the team to void the contract based on Bumgarner's actions, which is untrue.