TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

I'm just glad he wasn't riding a Bronco and got impaled after getting bucked off.

No way he's back before the ASB and a lot will have to go right for him to be a meaningful contributor after that.

In other news Max Scherzer will be walking a tightrope over the Grand Canyon this weekend...stay tuned!

I want to believe that for someone who's never been on the DL until now, he should be able to heal faster than expected.

11 hours ago, Pitches Love Velocity said:

Really stupid way to get hurt, hope he apologises to all of his team, fans, and don't forget your fantasy owners too Bum! Hopefully it sends out a lesson, has also made me lose some respect for my favorite pitcher on the planet.

Edited by phatrat
Language, CSB removed

8 hours ago, exaulz said:

I want to believe that for someone who's never been on the DL until now, he should be able to heal faster than expected.

It doesn't work that way. 

he's done for this season as an elite contributor.

let's hope he's not affected the rest of career

I'm a guy who has shared in several leagues, and im incredibly tempted to sell extremely low at this stage. 

The degree of negative news trickling out, I'm feeling closer to a 8-12 week/August return which is just crippling

18 hours ago, Kantheman4 said:

If dropped, any reason to stash him? If it is a 6 to 8 weeks time frame, heck even 10, he's back by mid July at worst case.

If youre team can handle it, then sure?  Most keeper type leagues are dealing an expiring or non keeper stud like MadBum around that time of the year for the late run, so I would think in keeper or H2H that he has a lot of value, and even in a roto if your team can stay afloat, he is a big boost later on.  Just have to tread water and stay in contention.  HOnestly to this point, its not like he has been cy young like, so if you are competiting with him right now, you probably can hang in there.  

16 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

and he's probably the type of guy that would put in his contract that he is allowed to ride dirt bikes, haha...or that he's allowed to do whatever he pleases. :D

Well and if this were like a 200 Million dollar deal, I bet there would be some discussion about whats in there, can they void, etc.  But reality is that he is on a very team friendly deal, so whether its there or not, Giants wont pursue any voiding I would assume (maybe recoup these 6-8 weeks of pay?)

Absent a fracture or actual disruption of the AC joint the fact of the matter is even the docs can't really put a timetable on a recovery. With soft tissue injuries it's just a wait and see, case by case basis. He could get feeling better sooner, it may take longer. Ya just have to wait and see how quick a healer MadBum is.

I haven't heard any type of truly concerning injuries reported so far. Sounds like he's battered but intact. Nothing that should limit performance once he's feeling up to speed. 

Edited by treat88

15 hours ago, verycoolnin said:

He'll be back in a month.  Put it in the bank!

Yes, in a month. Just not sure which month. July?

3 hours ago, parrothead said:

If youre team can handle it, then sure?  Most keeper type leagues are dealing an expiring or non keeper stud like MadBum around that time of the year for the late run, so I would think in keeper or H2H that he has a lot of value, and even in a roto if your team can stay afloat, he is a big boost later on.  Just have to tread water and stay in contention.  HOnestly to this point, its not like he has been cy young like, so if you are competiting with him right now, you probably can hang in there.  

Edit: And I quoted Carrasco's stats...

MadBum had a 3.00 ERA, a 1.07 WHIP, and 28 K's in 27 innings.  Pretty good numbers, in fact almost dead inline with his career numbers.  Have him in a dynasty and I hate losing him to something like this.  

Edited by phillyphan21

13 hours ago, exaulz said:

Belief and biology are at odds here.  That has nothing to do with how fast he heals.

Seems like he has been apologizing to everyone under the sun so far.  These athletes just feel like they are so invincible until they are not.  And that is where the "never been on the DL" could have come into play but in a negative way.  Someone who has never been injured is less likely to be cautious in life.

13 hours ago, exaulz said:

In 37 years I've never had one of my fingers cut off before, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't grow back if I were to do it now.

5 hours ago, Dislimb said:

In 37 years I've never had one of my fingers cut off before, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't grow back if I were to do it now.

:lol::lol:

On behalf of myself and the entire moderating team, I'd like to thank you for using a finger as your example. :lol:

Not sure if a finger counts as a limb but it sounds like this guy might know something about the topic from his user name.

Two days after wiping out on a dirt bike, Madison Bumgarner’s arm is in a sling and he is able to walk under his own power.

“As far as I know, there’s no surgery,” Bochy said. “I’ve never heard it discussed that it’s needed or required.”

But Bochy reiterated that not all the facts are in.

Hoping for us #MadDumb owners this isn't as long a DL stint as it could've been.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/22/bochy-no-surgery-expected-for-giants-ace-madison-bumgarner/

Edited by PinstripeGM

22 hours ago, malta69 said:

I'm a guy who has shared in several leagues, and im incredibly tempted to sell extremely low at this stage. 

The degree of negative news trickling out, I'm feeling closer to a 8-12 week/August return which is just crippling

This is unfortunately probably close to reality. I would think it takes 8 weeks before he's even throwing a ball and several more weeks to gain full velocity and command.

1 hour ago, aifan27 said:

49 acquisitions already?

1. Daily lineups

2. That's the life of looking for spec closers on the waiver wire. Constantly adding and dropping guys who might get a closing job.

But staying on topic, the point was the team name.

Edited by hailtoyourvictor