TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

In a season long league he was just dropped, is he worth stashing till he returns? When is he likely back? Late July?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, soxfan94 said:

In a season long league he was just dropped, is he worth stashing till he returns? When is he likely back? Late July?

 

Some time after the All-Star break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soxfan94 said:

In a season long league he was just dropped, is he worth stashing till he returns? When is he likely back? Late July?

 

Yes.

 

Give me 10-15 Madbum starts for free, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I thought, but the dude dropped him for Alex Wood, so I thought he might be out longer or something, or there was something I didn't realize about his injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan94 said:

That's what I thought, but the dude dropped him for Alex Wood, so I thought he might be out longer or something, or there was something I didn't realize about his injury.

 

Don't want to turn this into BC, but yeah, pick him up now before it's too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soxfan94 said:

That's what I thought, but the dude dropped him for Alex Wood, so I thought he might be out longer or something, or there was something I didn't realize about his injury.

Probably the same guy who cancels his amazon prime order if it's not on his doorstep in the next hour.  We live in a world of no patience.  Reap the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumgarner to return "no sooner than early August".  I think he's droppable in redrafts.  August will turn into September, and now you have to weight burning a roster spot on him all year long.  If you are blessed with no injuries, hold him...but most of us are not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Bumgarner to return "no sooner than early August".  I think he's droppable in redrafts.  August will turn into September, and now you have to weight burning a roster spot on him all year long.  If you are blessed with no injuries, hold him...but most of us are not.  

 

I still feel like he's a guy you only drop if you know for sure he won't be back.  Let's face, even if you have multiple injuries, he's likely the best of your DL guys and the most likely to help you when he gets back.  The dude's a top five arm, he's worth holding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, phillyphan21 said:

 

I still feel like he's a guy you only drop if you know for sure he won't be back.  Let's face, even if you have multiple injuries, he's likely the best of your DL guys and the most likely to help you when he gets back.  The dude's a top five arm, he's worth holding.

 

At this point you have to consider how much he's even going to play.  If he's back in late August/September, you get what?  6-7 starts?  Probably doesn't go deep in many of them.  Roto makes more sense to keep him around.  A H2H team that's fading or struggling to stay above water can consider cutting because he probably won't really be back until the playoffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you can straight up cut him. If you need the room that bad I think you've got to try and trade him to one of the top teams who can afford to roster him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

Threw off mound today, on track to for simulated game this week.

 

Looks like our beloved MadBum is approaching a return very soon!

 

 

still 4 plus weeks away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

I heard "right after the all star break" as the latest timetable" which still gives him around 2 1/2 months.

lol.   thats actually next month.  It's June 12th, the game is July 12th.   How the hell do you get 2 1/2 months?

Edited by rich22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

2 1/2 months..to pitch

I'm really curious as to why you think that if he's already throwing in a simulated game this weekcand predicted to return around early to mid-July... I don't get where you're getting 2 1/2 months from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He means Bum will pitch for 2 1/2 months (August, September, and half of July) after returning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have to keep in mind the Giants are awful.  A month from now they could be out of it.  Why rush your gem back for no reason.  Lots of innings in that shoulder, possibility of set back is for sure there.  They are going to baby him because of their poor record I think.  If you have the DL spot, for sure hold him.  I think expecting the Mad Bum we all know from the get go is a bit too much wishful thinking.  I'd be very hesitant on what he produces this year.  Again, just my 2 cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple Crown25 said:

Still have to keep in mind the Giants are awful.  A month from now they could be out of it.  Why rush your gem back for no reason.  Lots of innings in that shoulder, possibility of set back is for sure there.  They are going to baby him because of their poor record I think.  If you have the DL spot, for sure hold him.  I think expecting the Mad Bum we all know from the get go is a bit too much wishful thinking.  I'd be very hesitant on what he produces this year.  Again, just my 2 cents. 

Well with how thin starting pitching is, I'd be more than happy with a limited Bumgarner than a lot of the other options out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

Well with how thin starting pitching is, I'd be more than happy with a limited Bumgarner than a lot of the other options out there

 

Very true.  SP is definitely a wasteland.  Like I said, if you have the room...definite hold.  All I was saying is that I feel like expectations should be tempered a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

this seems ahead of scheduled. I wasn't expecting him back until the end of July. how much time would he need for rehab in the minors? 3 starts? 2 weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants have lost 21 of last 28.  Maybe he's ahead of schedule, I just feel like there's no reason to push him.  I'm still interested to see how many rehab starts he gets, followed by how long his first few outings are.  Looks as if he's definitely gonna be back sooner than I thought for sure.  I just honestly dont understand when you're borderline out of it by the all star break what the incentive is bringing him back anything short of 100% when he's the heart and soul of your team.  Guess time will tell.  A helluva competitor no doubt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 7:26 AM, KingJoffrey said:

2 1/2 months..to pitch

 

 

my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...