TXTaz

Madison Bumgarner 2017 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, Triple Crown25 said:

Giants have lost 21 of last 28.  Maybe he's ahead of schedule, I just feel like there's no reason to push him.  I'm still interested to see how many rehab starts he gets, followed by how long his first few outings are.  Looks as if he's definitely gonna be back sooner than I thought for sure.  I just honestly dont understand when you're borderline out of it by the all star break what the incentive is bringing him back anything short of 100% when he's the heart and soul of your team.  Guess time will tell.  A helluva competitor no doubt 

He is MadBum.   He will push himself.  His gets paid to pitch, he will be out there ASAP..   He has HUGE incentive and the Giants don't have any long investment in him.   Plus, he has never been hurt while pitching

Edited by rich22

200+ IP every year since age 21, playoff workhorse, never been on the DL with a pitching related injury. 

Bum is basically Wolverine - he'll beat every timetable given to him. He's probably healthy enough to pitch right now, though the team would never allow it. 

Im still pissed at him though for what he did. Was my favourite pitcher in MLB, but it was so careless to his team (and most importantly fantasy owners).

He owes it to his teammates and fans to get back out there soon and give them something to cheer about again. And fantasy owners desperately need him!

Injuries like these to your ace are what kill your fantasy season, any owners of him even remotely close to 1st place?

37 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Im still pissed at him though for what he did. Was my favourite pitcher in MLB, but it was so careless to his team (and most importantly fantasy owners).

He owes it to his teammates and fans to get back out there soon and give them something to cheer about again. And fantasy owners desperately need him!

Injuries like these to your ace are what kill your fantasy season, any owners of him even remotely close to 1st place?

I had a pending trade for him when the dirt bike incident happened so he's just been sitting in my DL spot for the entire time I've owned him. Currently in 3rd. 

Great to see that he's progressing well. This should give a lot of owners a huge shot in the arm for a late season playoff push. 

Own him in a league where I am currently sitting in 3rd. 5 points back of 1st.

My SP is Madbum, Scherzer, Greinke, Nova, Gio and had Eduardo rodriguez for a while.

If Madbum was healthy I would trade Greinke for some RP help.  So Madbum doesn't just cost you those innings pitched,

he also costs you some flexibility.

Pitched 3 innings for the rookie league team.  3 scoreless, 0H 2K 1BB

3 hours ago, exaulz said:

Pitched 3 innings for the rookie league team.  3 scoreless, 0H 2K 1BB

thats what i love to hear. cant wait for him to get back, hopefully SF will step up the bats

Bumgarner started Friday night expecting to throw 60 to 65 pitches for the River Cats. The left-hander threw 62 (41 for strikes) before exiting the game with two outs in the fourth inning. For Bumgarner, the pitch count represented a 15 pitch increase from his last outing - three no-hit innings in Arizona with the Giants Rookie League team.

Postgame Notes

Bumgarner quotes: "I've felt really good throughout this whole process and I definitely feel good about where I am at. I don't feel very far." - on how he feels following his start

"I appreciate everyone's support. I'm working hard to get back. We're going as fast as we can go safely without pushing it too much or taking too much of a chance. But we're definitely moving quick to get back out there." - on what he wants to say to the fans

Rehab Report: Tonight was Madison Bumgarner's first career rehab assignment and his first Triple-A start since 2010 with Fresno…he allowed four total runs on seven hits while walking one and striking out another…his fastball clocked in between 88 and 92 MPH

Link

6 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

omg his line tonight in rehab

I was hoping it was the good OMG, but wow, not at all.  I understand it's only his second game back after a long layoff, but to give up 4 HR's in High-A is still horrible.

Jeez, some High-A kid hit one 475 off him too. What a battering. 

I'm not running out and trading him, but over the next day or two it would be nice to find out what his velocity was like in this game to see if it improved over his first game.  88-92 isn't MadBum.

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I'm not running out and trading him, but over the next day or two it would be nice to find out what his velocity was like in this game to see if it improved over his first game.  88-92 isn't MadBum.

He's also never had to come back from a shoulder injury like this.  Patience.

Just now, Call me Red said:

He's also never had to come back from a shoulder injury like this.  Patience.

I know.  I said I wasn't going to go out and trade him right now. ;)  I've had him on my team for basically his whole career so far.

Finding out what his velocity was today is useful information though to know how he's progressing.

44 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

His average fastball was 91mph last year soo...also, here you go:

Bumgarner fastball velocity was 90-92. https://t.co/CAlLKhu0zm

His velo sounds fine. His minor league starts mean nothing as long as he doesn't tweak his shoulder. We have no clue what the team wants him to to focus on in his rehab starts, they don't care what his milb stat line is. For all we know they told him to throw his fastball a ton to get a feel for it. When he gives up 4 long balls in the bigs I'll start to worry. 

As Aaron Rodgers once said...

R-E-L-A-X

17 minutes ago, KrunK said:

His average fastball was 91mph last year soo...also, here you go:

Bumgarner fastball velocity was 90-92. https://t.co/CAlLKhu0zm

His velo sounds fine. His minor league starts mean nothing as long as he doesn't tweak his shoulder. We have no clue what the team wants him to to focus on in his rehab starts, they don't care what his milb stat line is. For all we know they told him to throw his fastball a ton to get a feel for it. When he gives up 4 long balls in the bigs I'll start to worry. 

As Aaron Rodgers once said...

R-E-L-A-X

He's been out for so long I must have forgotten his usual velocity. :)

Thanks for the info from the game though.  I'll relax.

44 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

He's been out for so long I must have forgotten his usual velocity. :)

Thanks for the info from the game though.  I'll relax.

All good! You always expect a mid 90s fastball from a guy that's been as good as madbum has been but he usually sits 91-92. He doesn't rely on velocity to saw down hitters so I think he should age well as long as his arm doesn't fall off. His workload has been intense but he just seems like a country tough guy that will keep on truckin. 

I'm not overly worried, but the feeling that this can be totally disregarded also seems pretty false. I traded for him a few weeks ago and basically my roto season hopes heavily rely on him. It's already down to me or one other team for the championship, but I need Madison to at least be 85%. I'm concerned.

I'm not concerned. It's rehab. As long as they don't rush him back.

Bumgarner trolling everyone. once he makes his 1st start back with Giants, boom he's going to be money.

For those monitoring his 'performance' in rehab - allowed one run on two hits and struck out eight over six innings. Most important remains healthy.

Probably wouldn't be the worst move to bench, but SD clouds the situation.  I heard on the radio he was hovering around 90mph in his Rehab games.   If you are in a roto or a 10 day matchup, I'd probably wait and see but if your league counts this week as one game, It makes more sense to start him 

Edited by kidtwentytwo