Pernil

Joey Gallo 2017 Outlook

Carrasco was throwing ched today too and Gallo said don't care I'm going to take you 450... An absolute jack

1. Got Gallo for $1 last weekend.
  2. I assume the plan is for him to be sent down once Beltre returns?

3. Can he hit his way onto the team permanently?
  4. He needs to beat out Choo?

My great uncle Chet could hit better than Choo...and he's in his nineties.  The problem with Choo is that they owe him too much money.  They won't sit him...even though they should.  The smart move would be to trade that chump to any team willing to give them twenty five cents, a signed Mickey Morandini baseball and a pack of grape flavored Big League Chew.

Doesn't sound like your Great Uncle was that good in little league. Choo when healthy is a good hitter 20/20

Gallo is Rob Deer ! All or nothing

If Gallo played full time the Rangers could fully power their stadium with wind energy.

Gallo is going to run into playing time issues unless he really breaks out.... Which would mean he would need to hit for a consistent average.  

Unfortunately, Gallo isn't afforded the "learn to hit MLB pitching" phase that some players get. He'll be sent back down once Beltre is healthy. BTW, he was one inch away from hitting a double also. And like the previous poster said, nobody else was hitting Carrasco.  

1 minute ago, Professor Turgeson said:

Unfortunately, Gallo isn't afforded the "learn to hit MLB pitching" phase that some players get. He'll be sent back down once Beltre is healthy. BTW, he was one inch away from hitting a double also. And like the previous poster said, nobody else was hitting Carrasco.  

Gallo's taken Kershaw deep too earlier in his career.  Gallo may not hit scrubs consistently but he also doesn't seem to be entirely over matched by aces either.  He just needs to find more consistency in hitting for average.  He is on the verge. 

5 hours ago, Professor Turgeson said:

It's not about learning to hit MLB pitching though,it's about learning to make contact... on any level. He had a crazy 35% K Rate at AAA last year, an improvement from 40% the year prior.

He needs to learn to hit.

6 hours ago, StevieStats said:

If Gallo played full time the Rangers could fully power their stadium with wind energy.

Too green for Texas. Ship him to the hippies in Los Angeles 

It's not a good idea to go low and inside with a fastball to a lefty power hitter. 

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

It's not about learning to hit MLB pitching though,it's about learning to make contact... on any level. He had a crazy 35% K Rate at AAA last year, an improvement from 40% the year prior.

He needs to learn to hit.

That's a 5% decrease buddy. He does that every year for the next four he'd be down to 15%!! ?

I like Gallo to produce something big this year or next...

50 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Too green for Texas. Ship him to the hippies in Los Angeles 

I laughed at this for the humor... and I hate to be that guy,  but... Texas is actually the #1 wind energy state in the US and produces more than double the wind energy than any other state. 

12 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I laughed at this for the humor... and I hate to be that guy,  but... Texas is actually the #1 wind energy state in the US and produces more than double the wind energy than any other state. 

Ha yeah I figured. Plenty of land! I was 100% expecting someone to call me out. 

49 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

It's not a good idea to go low and inside with a fastball to a lefty power hitter. 

Pitch was at his hands, which has traditionally been an issue for him. 

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Ha yeah I figured. Plenty of land! I was 100% expecting someone to call me out. 

Has nothing to do with land... they have Joey Gallo! 

21 hours ago, Professor Turgeson said:

Isn't baseball called a game of inches ?

Edited by motown magic

I'm curious to see what happens with Gallo when Beltre comes back.... A minor league demotion is probably best to keep him playing every day and continue to work on the adjustments he needs to make.

i hate how texas has handled him. he never gets a chance at the big league level with anything remotely resembling a vote of confidence - he knows that if he doesnt hit immediately he'll get sent back down which probably adds even more pressure and is on his mind every time at the plate. i personally believe he has shown the ability to trim the K rate in his second stint at every level, and if he didn't have to worry about getting sent back down or traded he would relax and the natural talent would shine through. 

just my 2 cents. 

21 minutes ago, hgh22 said:

i hate how texas has handled him. he never gets a chance at the big league level with anything remotely resembling a vote of confidence - he knows that if he doesnt hit immediately he'll get sent back down which probably adds even more pressure and is on his mind every time at the plate. i personally believe he has shown the ability to trim the K rate in his second stint at every level, and if he didn't have to worry about getting sent back down or traded he would relax and the natural talent would shine through. 

just my 2 cents. 

I think he needs to make the adjustments at the AAA level to get his k rate down to around the 25% level before he's able to let his power be unleashed consistently at the MLB level.

I actually think Texas is doing a horrible job handling BOTH Gallo and Profar...and I could make an argument for DeShields as well.   Profar should be playing 3b everyday with Beltre out,  DeShields in left, Gallo in the minors.  When Beltre comes back one of DeShields or Profar should be sent down.   Young players need to play everyday to make the necessary adjustments. 

18 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I tip my cap to you for living up to your username, sir

56 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I think he needs to make the adjustments at the AAA level to get his k rate down to around the 25% level before he's able to let his power be unleashed consistently at the MLB level.

I actually think Texas is doing a horrible job handling BOTH Gallo and Profar...and I could make an argument for DeShields as well.   Profar should be playing 3b everyday with Beltre out,  DeShields in left, Gallo in the minors.  When Beltre comes back one of DeShields or Profar should be sent down.   Young players need to play everyday to make the necessary adjustments. 

Yeah, they should give Gallo one last chance to reduce his K rate at AAA. He managed to drop from 39% to 34% between 2015 AAA and 2016 AAA. I personally think 25% for Gallo is a pipe dream. I think that he offers some value at 28-29%. Even that seems improbable at this point.

I want to believe because this guy is the closest thing we'll get to Stanton, but I just don't seem it getting there.

Don't give up on this guy. Power is legit...just needs some seasoning whether in AAA or the Bigs. Give it  some time, especially in Dynasty Leagues.