elite

Aaron Rodgers 2017 Season Outlook

22 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

It's a fracture, so the only "reaggravation" that can occur is another break. He has plates and screws in to prevent that from happening although the bone may not be completely healed, meaning a recurrent fracture in that exact location is slightly higher, but he'd have to get hit just right. All the reports are saying he has been throwing without issue. If he's out there, they are playing to win. They won't activate him and handle him with kid gloves in a must win game, especially if they're down at any point. If he's out there, expect protection schemes to keep him upright and cautioning him to throw it away rather than trying to take the hit, but putting him on a "pitch count" is highly doubtful. Depends on your other options, but with thin fantasy QB ranks, you're not gonna find a better play than Rodgers if he's out there. 

People forget that it won’t matter if the packers win out they’ll still need other losses from others teams(don’t know off the top of my head). Even if you win out it’s too risky to risk your franchise QB when it’ll be a long shot for the packers to make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

People forget that it won’t matter if the packers win out they’ll still need other losses from others teams(don’t know off the top of my head). Even if you win out it’s too risky to risk your franchise QB when it’ll be a long shot for the packers to make the playoffs.

Yes, but, the teams they need to lose all have difficult schedules and play each other, which will cannibalize their record. According to this odds predictor from the NY Times, if the Packers win out, they stand a 94% chance of making the playoffs.... I like those odds.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/green-bay-packers-nfl-playoff-picture.html#car-gb-15=loss&gb-min-16=win&det-gb-17=loss

4 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Yes, but, the teams they need to lose all have difficult schedules and play each other, which will cannibalize their record. According to this odds predictor from the NY Times, if the Packers win out, they stand a 94% chance of making the playoffs.... I like those odds.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/upshot/green-bay-packers-nfl-playoff-picture.html#car-gb-15=loss&gb-min-16=win&det-gb-17=loss

So say you start Rodgers and the panthers are blowing the packers out. Do u risk the chance the packers decide to pull out Rodgers?

3 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

So say you start Rodgers and the panthers are blowing the packers out. Do u risk the chance the packers decide to pull out Rodgers?

Doubt they concede defeat easily knowing how many miraculous comebacks Rodgers has provided them. They can always rest him the next 2 weeks if they lose. I would not bench him unless your other options include Roethlisberger, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, or maybe Newton this week. Who are your options?

15 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Doubt they concede defeat easily knowing how many miraculous comebacks Rodgers has provided them. They can always rest him the next 2 weeks if they lose. I would not bench him unless your other options include Roethlisberger, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, or maybe Newton this week. Who are your options?

Goff? 

5 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Goff? 

Wouldn't risk him AT Seattle. Their defense tends to play well at home, even if they are banged up. Again, it's personal preference, but every time Rodgers is out there, he's giving you a top 8 QB game with a pretty decent likelihood of a top 3 QB performance, regardless of opponent.

29 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Newton?

30 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

I don’t own a-rod but I’m just trying to view this from a logical perspective. Green Bay’s d has been terrible the last few weeks. If a-rod plays and is rusty I can easily see a blow out especially considering that they play at Carolina. 

23 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

I don’t own a-rod but I’m just trying to view this from a logical perspective. Green Bay’s d has been terrible the last few weeks. If a-rod plays and is rusty I can easily see a blow out especially considering that they play at Carolina. 

I could see it, but they'd have to be getting BLOWN out. I watch every GB game, and GB very rarely gets blown out with Rodgers in (unless they play ATL away :blink:) so I don't anticipate a complete shellacking, but yes it's possible, I suppose. For all of McCarthy's shortcomings, I gotta hand it to him in that the guy never gives up, so I'm just not seeing a blowout of that proportion. Again, just my take. There's risk here, but the upside with Rodgers is unmatched as well. 

They're still in it.  Hundley will get destroyed in Carolina.  I don't know how you could sell sitting Rodgers to GB fans when they are still in it, he can play, and he wants to play.  I guess they could lie and say he's medically not cleared.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth though.  On the chance he does get re-injured, what's the worst that can happen?  Is it career threatening?  He re-breaks the bone nd he's got the whole off-season to heal, no?

He's been heaving the ball around 50+ yards since (at minimum) pregame week 13. Looks excellent in practice per reports. He'll get cleared and play. Too many reasons not to.  

I wish I could quote all the naysayers that almost talked me out of picking him up. But its not even worth it. All I know is after losing wentz I'm thrilled to be able to start Rodgers. All systems go!

3 hours ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Ryan @TB