elite

Aaron Rodgers 2017 Season Outlook

Taking a break from the AC questions, what are the facts?

Aaron has 3 300+ yard passing games in 2017

80% of Aaron's completed games in 2017 were multi-score games.

Aaron has a career 4:1 TD to INT ratio.

Aaron has thrown for 1230 yards with 12 TDs and 2 INTs in 4 career games vs Carolina (6:1 ratio).

Aaron is playing with a healthy supporting cast and may have an upgrade at RB.

Aaron is playing with a surgically repaired collarbone.

In 2013, Aaron returned from broken collarbone to throw for 318 yards with 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

In 2010, Aaron returned to action after a concussion and threw for 301 yards with 4 TDs and 0 INTs.

Healthy players can get injured on any play in the NFL.

These are the facts. Do with it as you choose.

Can't believe so many people hold and now think about not starting him. In my opinion you play him and don't look back. Any player can get injured or have a bad game at any time,you don't bench a player with no ceiling.

15 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

What type of plate did they use for Romo? B)

Great Value by Walmart

29 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Great Value by Walmart

I thought it was the "Equate" brand.  I stand corrected.

6 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Can't believe so many people hold and now think about not starting him. In my opinion you play him and don't look back. Any player can get injured or have a bad game at any time,you don't bench a player with no ceiling.

The reality of the situation doesnt smack people in the face until the moment they have to make that critical decision. There is no doubt that Rodgers has a high ceiling, but in the playoffs, the fear of the floor at the QB position is what makes owners hesitate. Rightly so.

8 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

The reality of the situation doesnt smack people in the face until the moment they have to make that critical decision. There is no doubt that Rodgers has a high ceiling, but in the playoffs, the fear of the floor at the QB position is what makes owners hesitate. Rightly so.

It really depends on your league. In 10 team, 2qb leagues Rodger's floor is higher than 95% of people's QB2. 

In 12/14 team leagues with only 1qb, the decision is harder if you own Wilson, Brady, Ben, cam and rivers. 

In the end, the Packers need to win and if Rodgers couldn't pass 40 times to lead a comeback he wouldn't be playing.. So his floor is pretty much the same as every other NFL QB plus the higher risk of injury due to the shoulder not being 100% heeled.

6 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Dont have Rogers , but it wouldnt be an automatic start for me...That was way too long of deliberations of him being cleared or not. Very possible Romo repeat in the making...Carolina will definitely get to him and if hes day ends early, your playoff run is likely done as well...

Anyway Im hoping for the best here...Fired up Devante owner :rolleyes:

Well, the packers run game has been very good in the past few weeks as McCarthy has adjusted his gameplan. 

Rodgers has t had a run game in the last year so with the emergence of the rookies it helps. 

If I were an owner, I would be worried that McCarthy doesn’t shift his offense a bit more and realizing Arod is back! When the run game is going, that’s when Rodgers is even better. 

It it will be interesting to see what jordy does in his first game with Rodgers in a while. 

I would imagine McCarthy knew he was comfortable by back and spent all day Monday and Tuesday re-opening the playbook and inserting the plays he had to ax when Rodgers was out. The wr core is experienced so they should easily adjust. Also, the o-line is too so that will help a lot, it’s not like there’s a bunch of rookies in there other than the rbs. 

Just now, PackerBacker555 said:

Well, the packers run game has been very good in the past few weeks as McCarthy has adjusted his gameplan. 

Rodgers has t had a run game in the last year so with the emergence of the rookies it helps. 

If I were an owner, I would be worried that McCarthy doesn’t shift his offense a bit more and realizing Arod is back! When the run game is going, that’s when Rodgers is even better. 

It it will be interesting to see what jordy does in his first game with Rodgers in a while. 

I would imagine McCarthy knew he was comfortable by back and spent all day Monday and Tuesday re-opening the playbook and inserting the plays he had to ax when Rodgers was out. The wr core is experienced so they should easily adjust. Also, the o-line is too so that will help a lot, it’s not like there’s a bunch of rookies in there other than the rbs. 

Lol Rodgers calls his own shots he will adjust any play Mcarthy gives him to take advantage of the defense.  I am the least worried about this scenario.  

1 minute ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Lol Rodgers calls his own shots he will adjust any play Mcarthy gives him to take advantage of the defense.  I am the least worried about this scenario.  

Yes he does and you are correct there. The main thing I am trying to say in the post is the impressive run game helps him quite a bit. Just hope they stick to it too. Yes, they need to run the ball to set up for better calls. You might want rodgers to sling it 50 times, but he will be very productive with 30 having a good run game. 

Also, he doesn’t have to worry about Bennett dropping every pass he threw to him. 

I was criticized for not immediately dropping Rodgers back when this injury occurred.  If I lose because I start Aaron friggin' Rodgers, that's a decision I'll just have to live with.  That'll be a lot easier to swallow than benching him and looking at 33 useless points.

I guess I'm one of those "lucky" people who stashed Rodgers because their QB situation has been rough. By the end I had McCown and Winston - good enough to get me this far but not great. The former gets hurt and the latter commits so many turnovers that his floor drops considerably. So while others are deciding between Rodgers or Ben or Wilson or Dak etc, I'm going Rodgers because I have no real choice. Which is great IMO because there is no second guessing myself. I'm not going to regret going Rodgers over Winston or a waiver wire guy like Jimmy G. I picked him up exactly for this moment. It's go time. Whatever happens happens.

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

As for rodgers, I just hope for 240/2/1 this weekend.

I hope that's his floor.

For actual production, I'm hoping a little bigger. Like 325-3-1 :D

(Gotta get that 300 yard bonus) 

everyone bringing up Romo but Romo didn't have 2 plates and 13 screws protecting his collarbone. Romo went for natural healing

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

everyone bringing up Romo but Romo didn't have 2 plates and 13 screws protecting his collarbone. Romo went for natural healing

And lets face it, if Romo were a Christmas desert, it would be peanut butter brittle.

This is crunch time.

You will be kicking yourself all off season if you leave him on your bench. If you lose, that is.

If I lose because I start him, I am fine with it. He's the best in the game. I'm also going against Wilson. You're gonna need as high a ceiling as you can get.

The only QBs I start over Rodgers this weekend are Brady, Wilson and Rivers. I don't start anyone else over Rodgers. He's been medically cleared, meaning that he is medically able to play by a staff of medical professionals. They aren't risking Rodgers in a season where they need a lot of things to go right to make the playoffs.

It's Aaron Rodgers, guys. Arguably the best fantasy QB of the past decade. He's going to be fine and he's going to put up points.

1 minute ago, Br0kenB said:

The only QBs I start over Rodgers this weekend are Brady, Wilson and Rivers. I don't start anyone else over Rodgers. He's been medically cleared, meaning that he is medically able to play by a staff of medical professionals. They aren't risking Rodgers in a season where they need a lot of things to go right to make the playoffs.

It's Aaron Rodgers, guys. Arguably the best fantasy QB of the past decade. He's going to be fine and he's going to put up points.

A breath of fresh air!  I feel much better now.  Thank you. 

Edited by cnewbykkn

Why is it even a discussion about NOT starting him?  Every year he's the 1 or 2 consensus overall QB drafted.  I see him even getting drafted in the 1st round in some leagues.  I bet these guys wouldn't even consider benching him ....unless of course it's a brutal matchup against a stonewall D (like Brady vs Denver last year)

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

A breath of fresh air!  I feel much better now.  Thank you. 

Seriously man, it's ridiculous in here. Every week, every player risks injury by playing. It's football. Rodgers is the best fantasy QB in the league next to Brady. They both have an equal chance of being injured. You start the best players.

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Seriously man, it's ridiculous in here. Every week, every player risks injury by playing. It's football. Rodgers is the best fantasy QB in the league next to Brady. They both have an equal chance of being injured. You start the best players.

My league its Wilson, but yea, you start rodgers if he is playing. Granted I have too but I wouldnt think of starting Winston or Jimmy G just because Rodgers is coming back from an injury and there may be better matchups. Ill take 28 throws from Rodgers in his first game back than 40 throws from Kizer/Winston or most others.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, CooL said:

Not sure why there is so much talk about Drew Brees in the Aaron Rodgers thread...

Clearly you like Brees.  Most would say he has been disappointing relative to draft cost.  And as I said before, he is the #12 QB in my league scoring right now.  Right ahead of ... that fantasy stud Josh McCown. 

Talk about potential, blah, blah, blah... But I'm guessing Brees has lost you some games this year where he would have won before with killer production.  He's not the same.  And the team is much more focused on the run.

Back to Rodgers.  Right now he plays before everybody except Brady, Wilson, and maybe Big Ben in my opinion. 

lol

i don't own Brees, i own Rodgers and been playing QB carousel since week 7.  and right on queue the "you must own him" logic comes in.   the discussion was QBs would you consider playing over Rodgers if he was cleared, i  said i would consider Brees and Brady and possibly Big Ben if i had that choice

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

now we just need a full week of no set backs.  don't need anything else to cloud the issue

28 minutes ago, Panthor said:

now we just need a full week of no set backs.  don't need anything else to cloud the issue

Only thing that will worry me is him starting and then getting knocked out of the game. If he plays the whole game, id expect a reasonable return of 240+/2/1 int which seems like his floor.