elite

Aaron Rodgers 2017 Season Outlook

33 minutes ago, Panthor said:

now we just need a full week of no set backs.  don't need anything else to cloud the issue

I think Rodgers himself was ready for at least 2-3 weeks now as he's been throwing more publicly as the weeks moved on.  I personally think if he was eligible  to come off of IR in week 14 or 13, he could have done so and played earlier

19 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

I think Rodgers himself was ready for at least 2-3 weeks now as he's been throwing more publicly as the weeks moved on.  I personally think if he was eligible  to come off of IR in week 14 or 13, he could have done so and played earlier

Agreed. All reports were that he was throwing ball great a couple of weeks ago. The issue was being eligible and giving the injury enough time to heal so he doesn't risk re-injury. 

3 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

The only QBs I start over Rodgers this weekend are Brady, Wilson and Rivers.

Rivers / Rodgers is really interesting.  Rivers has always struggled in KC.  I know this is a new year, KC D sucks, the Chargers are rolling....  

I just struggle to bench Aaron Rodgers for Phillip Rivers, period.

Rodgers is healthy.  He hasn't forgotten how to play the game and so I'm not worried about rust.  Carolina secondary is bad.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Rivers / Rodgers is really interesting.  Rivers has always struggled in KC.  I know this is a new year, KC D sucks, the Chargers are rolling....  

Rodgers is healthy.  He hasn't forgotten how to play the game and so I'm not worried about rust.  Carolina secondary is bad.

I am actually contemplating this myself. Rivers has been terrific the past couple weeks. He had a crappy game against KC in week 3, but KC had better D then. The Panthers D hasn't given up more than 16 points to any team this year. The good D plus Rodgers needing to shake off whatever rust he may have doesn't sound like a viable option this week. 

26 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

I am actually contemplating this myself. Rivers has been terrific the past couple weeks. He had a crappy game against KC in week 3, but KC had better D then. The Panthers D hasn't given up more than 16 points to any team this year. The good D plus Rodgers needing to shake off whatever rust he may have doesn't sound like a viable option this week. 

Scratch my comment. I was looking at Panthers DST fantasy points scored rather than points allowed.

14 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Scratch my comment. I was looking at Panthers DST fantasy points scored rather than points allowed.

For what it's worth, Carolina is 11th against QBs this year.  Last few weeks (in my 5 pt per pass TD league):

Keenum: 23.2 points

Brees: 16.5

McCown: 31.1

Cutler: 18.4

Ryan: 22.4

Fantasy pushed aside, I cannot wait to see this man on the field again. Playoff chances  being a longshot or not, Rodgers makes being a Packer fan so much fun.

As a Watson and Wentz owner this is perfect news that he’s playing. I’m firing him up and hoping for 300 and 3 tds 

46 minutes ago, sambr1992 said:

Fantasy pushed aside, I cannot wait to see this man on the field again. Playoff chances  being a longshot or not, Rodgers makes being a Packer fan so much fun.

I'm a Lions fan and still love the guy.  He makes being a football fan so much fun.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:56 PM, Lord_Varys said:

Rodgers over Rivers is so tempting for me this week. I agree with your assesment - if he's been medically cleared and has been lighting it up in practice the past couple weeks, hes a sure bet to perform at the same unworldy level we've grown acusstomed to seeing. With that being said, I might cringe every time he gets tackled - no idea how solid that collarbone is feeling. Theres always a risk for rebreak. Would you think the potential reward justifies the huge risk that comes with choosing someone like Rodgers over a solid option like Rivers?

1 hour ago, J Boogie said:

Rodgers over Rivers is so tempting for me this week. I agree with your assesment - if he's been medically cleared and has been lighting it up in practice the past couple weeks, hes a sure bet to perform at the same unworldy level we've grown acusstomed to seeing. With that being said, I might cringe every time he gets tackled - no idea how solid that collarbone is feeling. Theres always a risk for rebreak. Would you think the potential reward justifies the huge risk that comes with choosing someone like Rodgers over a solid option like Rivers?

I think the easiest way to settle the debate would be to look at the upcoming weather reports for this weekend.  If nasty weather is inbound for one of them, roll with the other.  If both have optimal scenarios I'd probably roll with Rivers but you could probably flip a coin and end up okay either way.

5 hours ago, LongBalls said:

I figure Rodgers has been Game planning for week 15 for quite a while now.  He has probably watched every Panthers game since his injury. 

I've never owned Rodgers (not a believer in spending big/drafting high top QBs).  Managed to scoop him up after an owner dropped him after the injury mainly because my team was rolling and I could afford a dead spot for a chance at a HR. This weekend will be my first time starting Rodgers. 

giphy.gif

Since it's only 80% healed...and I'm pretty sure the packers aren't practicing hitting/smashing ARod to the ground....what if he gets hurt on the first play? lol

2 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Since it's only 80% healed...and I'm pretty sure the packers aren't practicing hitting/smashing ARod to the ground....what if he gets hurt on the first play? lol

Watson tore his ACL in practice. If the Packers, who are playing for the playoffs and know that Rodgers is their franchise, are willing to play him, it would be absolutely insane for any of us to bench him. People in the Kamara thread are finding reasons not play him if he is cleared. It's like some of you are more scared to lose than willing to do what it takes to win. 

7 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

80% according to what?

25 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

What if you stopped worrying about everything ? Try it - it’s great 

36 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Watson tore his ACL in practice. If the Packers, who are playing for the playoffs and know that Rodgers is their franchise, are willing to play him, it would be absolutely insane for any of us to bench him. People in the Kamara thread are finding reasons not play him if he is cleared. It's like some of you are more scared to lose than willing to do what it takes to win. 

Don't mean to sound like an a**, but I don't understand what Watson tearing his ACL in practice has to do with Rodgers...

28 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Don't mean to sound like an a**, but I don't understand what Watson tearing his ACL in practice has to do with Rodgers...

He's saying that any player can get hurt, any time, any place. The risk is always there, but we shouldn't let that keep us from playing stud players unless we are certain there will be a limitation to their game (i.e. snap count). 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

The point was that players can always get hurt. Are Rodgers chances of getting hurt sightly higher because he's coming back soon? Maybe but I doubt Rodgers, the medical team, the packers organization would throw him out there if those chances were significant.

Either way, if Rodgers and the Packers are willing to throw him out there in need of a win, everyone of his owners (unless you own Wilson, Brady,  maybe one or two others) should also start him. 

Could he get hurt and ruin your season? Maybe. Could he put up a big game and win you a title? Yes and far more likely than the same injury happening in the next two weeks. 

3 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

I dont think you're suppose to touch the QB in practice in the first place.

I know this topic has been debated over and over again, but I thought this video had some interesting views. Grain of salt it.

SD Tribune

Per rw "Panthers SCB Captain Munnerlyn walked out of Wednesday's practice over disappointment about his role in the game plan."

Carolina D already panicking over ARod and resorting to infighting, and its still only Thursday!! Fire him up with confidence he gon crush em woohoo!!

8 hours ago, Elcapitan said:

I dont think you're suppose to touch the QB in practice in the first place.

Exactly. Big Ben routinely doesn't even wear a helmet during practice because he knows they can't touch....and because he's a little nuts.

Honestly, I am not going to try  and convince people to start Rodgers this week. It's beyond stupid to debate. Anyone who benches Rodgers this week (for a non-top 4 QB) deserves what they get.