borindia

J.T. Realmuto 2017 Outlook

I'm putting this here since there's no thread started for him yet.  He's looking like the steal of the draft so far.

42 minutes ago, borindia said:

I'm putting this here since there's no thread started for him yet.  He's looking like the steal of the draft so far.

I was surprised there was no thread for him. Decent lineup, should be a high number of ABs for a C considering he'll play some 1B as well, good year last year, strong start this year...very happy so far.

55 minutes ago, borindia said:

4 days in ?

The overreaction thread is that way--->

Realmuto was the 5th C drafted in my league. Not certain he should be a surprise anymore. 

The power is a surprise so far. Was only projected to hit 10 or so. If he can reach 20 I won't feel so bad picking him over Grandal.

28 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

4 days in ?

The overreaction thread is that way--->

Realmuto was the 5th C drafted in my league. Not certain he should be a surprise anymore. 

Exactly. I like his on base skills so I "stole" him for a buck.

6 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Not in line up today.

routine Catcher day off id assume

this guy is the early MVP lol

On 4/8/2017 at 1:49 PM, borindia said:

Batting leadoff today.  SB potential?

Always SB potential, he will probably lead catchers in stolen bases.  I own him in 12-team 2 Catcher league, think he is solid, but not getting too over excited about the HR, I mean he had a stretch where he hit 3HR in 5 games last year, also went the entire month of May without a HR

Any catcher who can go 10/10 AND hit .300 is aces in my book. 

Imagine if he played on a decent team? Probably be top 5.

28 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Hitting 7th the last few day and tonite. Makes him kinda useless. 

Maybe, but I'd still take him over any catcher on the average WW.

Batting leadoff tonight.

Edited by borindia

Sweet, but what ever happened to that plan to get him some reps at 1B on his days off from catching?  Bour is strangely hitting LHP better than he's hitting RHP so far, but that won't last, and the overall numbers (.188/.278/.348) aren't exactly lighting the world on fire.

12 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Sweet, but what ever happened to that plan to get him some reps at 1B on his days off from catching?  Bour is strangely hitting LHP better than he's hitting RHP so far, but that won't last, and the overall numbers (.188/.278/.348) aren't exactly lighting the world on fire.

We're only 20 games in and I think JT has only taken 1 game off?  Those days at 1B should be coming soon as the season moves on.

Getting a double-dong from your catcher is always great, but it's especially nice from a guy with a career high of 11 bombs.  He's one short of that with more than 60 games to play.  Way to be, JT.

It's been crickets in his thread for nearly 3 months before this post 

5 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Getting a double-dong from your catcher is always great, but it's especially nice from a guy with a career high of 11 bombs.  He's one short of that with more than 60 games to play.  Way to be, JT.

After tonight's superb effort he's gotta be ranked as one of the top 3 or 4 catchers. Such solid production across the board you could even argue he's the best 5 category contributor at his position and he's basically gone overlooked until tonight.  I expect to see some more fireworks in the 2nd half as he hits in this surprisingly power-packed Miami offense

Yes, as far as catcher goes, JT is the embodiment of 'set and forget'.  He doesn't platoon, isn't a statistical liability, and still has some possible upside to already solid numbers. 

It's just not worth the risk to part with extra assets to acquire a perceived better catcher such as Posey, Lucroy or Sanchez.  Their possible extra contributions wouldn't be worth the price one would likely have to give up to acquire any of them.  

Love me some JT.

Edited by Blight

9 hours ago, Blight said:

Yes, as far as catcher goes, JT is the embodiment of 'set and forget'.  He doesn't platoon, isn't a statistical liability, and still has some possible upside to already solid numbers. 

It's just not worth the risk to part with extra assets to acquire a perceived better catcher such as Posey, Lucroy or Sanchez.  Their possible extra contributions wouldn't be worth the price one would likely have to give up to acquire any of them.  

Love me some JT.

Not sure why you're mentioning Lucroy. He has been terrible and I actually dropped him in a league where I also own Contreras. Catching has been terrible, and JT a pleasant surprise

There goes #11, tying his career high with plenty more games to play.  Guy is locked in right now.  Just wish they'd play him at 1B when he's not behind the dish now that Bour is hurt.

Edited by tonycpsu