Sign in to follow this  
Gryfter

Jordan Montgomery 2017 Outlook

4 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

why did get optioned back to AAA?

Montgomery was optioned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Saturday, Erik Boland of Newsday reports.

The move appears to be on a temporary basis, as reliever Ben Heller was recalled to provide some bullpen depth prior to the upcoming All-Star break. Montgomery allowed two earned runs over a rain-shortened 4.1 innings Friday and the Yankees won't need a fifth starter until July 17, so he'll be removed from the active roster for now. The young southpaw finishes a productive first half of the 2017 campaign with a 3.65 ERA and a 1.23 WHIP to go along with an 87:28 K:BB

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/yankees-jordan-montgomery-optioned-to-minors/amp/

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

So that's now four straight clunkers. Is he a hold? 

I'd hold. Except for that 2nd inning, he did very well. Twins barely even registered a hit off him after that and the game got real boring to watch, actually.

7 hours ago, Rainyy said:

So that's now four straight clunkers. Is he a hold? 

What kind of league would have better options than him right now on the WW outside of a 10 team league?

1 minute ago, PirateFan43 said:

With the acquisition of Garcia, is Montgomery moving to the bullpen/AAA?

Don't think it's been made official but the expectation is yes, he will be moved to AAA or the bullpen.

ESPN and Yahoo have Montgomery making one more start on Saturday @ Cleveland, so I'm gonna hold on til then. But yeah he'll probably get sent down after that.

65 PC, 5 INN, 3 HA, 7 K, ER, 1.800 ERA, 0.600 WHIP

um....wasn't he cruising and now he's out after 5 innings. GEEZ!!!!!!

CC hurt his knee and is seeing a doctor today. Might wanna pick up Montgomery if he was dropped when they sent him down. Worth monitoring, at least.

Edited by Rhandome

Even if CC is out long term there cant be many starts left in Montgomery before he hits his limit.  

2 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Even if CC is out long term there cant be many starts left in Montgomery before he hits his limit.  

He is at 115 and I read they want to keep him below 180 so there are still some starts left.

3 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

He is at 115 and I read they want to keep him below 180 so there are still some starts left.

120 including his start in the minors.  He's never gone above 140.  I would be surprised if he passes 160.

12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

But not pitching today...grrrr.

Glad he's okay, though.

He was never supposed to pitch today. He's going tomorrow.

Back down to AAA with Sabathia and Tanaka coming off the DL. Looks like this is the end of the line, unless someone else gets hurt.

I'll have my eye on this guy next year, though.

Looks like he's coming back up in a few days?  Anyone stashing?

Yankees optioned LHP Jordan Montgomery to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
The Yankees needed to clear a roster spot for today's starter, CC Sabathia. Montgomery has fared reasonably well this year (7-6, 4.00 ERA in 23 starts) but the Yankees want to limit his innings. He'll be back for good when rosters expand next month. Aug 19 - 5:47 PM

8 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Looks like he's coming back up in a few days?  Anyone stashing?

Yankees optioned LHP Jordan Montgomery to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
The Yankees needed to clear a roster spot for today's starter, CC Sabathia. Montgomery has fared reasonably well this year (7-6, 4.00 ERA in 23 starts) but the Yankees want to limit his innings. He'll be back for good when rosters expand next month. Aug 19 - 5:47 PM

Any reason to think he'd start ? I would assume he goes to the bullpen unless there's an injury.

Edited by fletch44