Sign in to follow this  
DerrickHenrysCleats

Amari Cooper 2017 Season Outlook

Don’t see him being worth anything in fantasy playoffs with a gimpy ankle he aggravated. Good riddance. 

Steps to achieving victory next week if you're still alive:

1) Drop Amari Cooper

2) Pray for your opponent to pick him up thinking you made a mistake

3) Later in the week, express remorse over dropping him to coerce your opponent into considering playing him

4) Cash ticket to the championship

Edit: Thinking about it I don't know if anybody would even blink if they saw Cooper on the wire.

Edited by CharlesCC2

He let us down this year..... 

Thankfully I stashed Gordon. Even though Coop has a favorable schedule, doesn't mean anything because of his ankle. Easy drop. 

How far do you think this guy is gonna fall next year in redrafts? I'd say 5th round right now

3 minutes ago, ak427 said:

How far do you think this guy is gonna fall next year in redrafts? I'd say 5th round right now

He is DND for me till Todd Dowling is replaced as OC

They have no idea what they are doing on offense.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is DND for me till Todd Dowling is replaced as OC

They have no idea what they are doing on offense.

Completely agree. Just asking for the sake of discussion. Sucks taking a 2nd rounder on him and seeing Hopkins drafted 3 picks later smh

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

So he’s out on Sunday. Man what a major bust this guy is

Todd Downing, Derek Carr, jack del rio all busted this year worse than Amari bur since amari is the fantasy player you had lets blame him.

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Todd Downing, Derek Carr, jack del rio all busted this year worse than Amari bur since amari is the fantasy player you had lets blame him.

He didn't play well this season, no doubt. But you're right, he got absolutely no help from his QB and his awful coaching staff. He'll fall next year in fantasy drafts, but he could be a prime bounce-back candidate 

Well hopefully you guys got that one good game out of him vs KC. That was fun. 

27 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They all get big fat F's. 

18 minutes ago, ak427 said:

He didn't play well this season, no doubt. But you're right, he got absolutely no help from his QB and his awful coaching staff. He'll fall next year in fantasy drafts, but he could be a prime bounce-back candidate 

I love watching players like this drop in draft and taking a chance on players like this especially since I will in all likelihood be going RB heavy in earlier rounds.

Everyone talking about amari as the bounce back candidate for next year. Its possible. However I will be going after crabtree instead. Give me the guy with the better hands that gets goal line looks. They should both be going around the same round next year.

I'm out. Dropped him this week. 

Most frustrating player I've ever owned. 

Wasn't gonna keep him over others on the roster next season and he has no trade value in my league. 

Peace out Coop 

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

I love watching players like this drop in draft and taking a chance on players like this especially since I will in all likelihood be going RB heavy in earlier rounds.

Yep. He's definitely a player I will target in the draft later, along with Mike Evans.

So 2017 was a disaster for Cooper but I wonder if he'll be a prime bounce back candidate next season for two reasons.  1) Crabtree will (supposedly) be gone.  There are rumors swirling that he was a locker room distraction and he will be cut this offseason.  Could be just rumors but cutting him would also save them cap room.  Considering that Crabtree accounted for almost 1/2 of the wide receivers targets this year, that should translate into a huge bump in targets for Cooper (assuming, of course, that they don't get Crabtree 2.0 in free agency). 2) Jon Gruden.   Assuming Gruden is the next head coach, you would have to think that getting Derek Carr to maximize his potential will be priority #1.

Considering that Cooper will only be 24 next season, I'm leaning towards keeping him on my dynasty team.

Edited by Warren Piece

3 hours ago, Warren Piece said:

So 2017 was a disaster for Cooper but I wonder if he'll be a prime bounce back candidate next season for two reasons.  1) Crabtree will (supposedly) be gone.  There are rumors swirling that he was a locker room distraction and he will be cut this offseason.  Could be just rumors but cutting him would also save them cap room.  Considering that Crabtree accounted for almost 1/2 of the wide receivers targets this year, that should translate into a huge bump in targets for Cooper (assuming, of course, that they don't get Crabtree 2.0 in free agency). 2) Jon Gruden.   Assuming Gruden is the next head coach, you would have to think that getting Derek Carr to maximize his potential will be priority #1.

Considering that Cooper will only be 24 next season, I'm leaning towards keeping him on my dynasty team.

I'd keep him for sure. I have a good feeling that Gruden is going to come in there and make this team the offensive juggarnaut they were supposed to be in 2017. 

11 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

I'd keep him for sure. I have a good feeling that Gruden is going to come in there and make this team the offensive juggarnaut they were supposed to be in 2017. 

Gruden is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history.

45 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gruden is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history.

I don't know much about Gruden aside from him being a TV announcer and being an entertaining analyst sort of like a modern day Madden but  the enthusiasm probably has more to do with his 'personality'  because I'm not sure why  teams are falling over themselves to pay up for a guy with only a single SB title in 10yrs as a HC.

Did he develop great QB's or was he an off/def genius  before he was a HC?

If Crab is gone I really want nothing to do with Cooper unless they roster a blue chip receiver to take the pressure off. Now, I'm speaking from the perspective of a 1pt PPR person so I'm a slave to recs. Cooper might be a bigger red zone threat without Crab which could bump his standard value, but there are so many questions I can't be talked into it.

7 minutes ago, DMCO said:

If Crab is gone I really want nothing to do with Cooper unless they roster a blue chip receiver to take the pressure off. Now, I'm speaking from the perspective of a 1pt PPR person so I'm a slave to recs. Cooper might be a bigger red zone threat without Crab which could bump his standard value, but there are so many questions I can't be talked into it.

Agree. I expect the Gruden hype combined with no Crabtree to keep his ADP close to where it was this year i.e. no drop in price even after horrific season

Edited by MJJ28