Baloo

Eugenio Suarez 2017 Outlook

Back to Trash again. /end thread. Still holding because no better options but as soon as a certain 3B comes back I have identified my drop.

He maybe getting back on track. In his last three games: 6/13, 2 doubles, home run and 3 RBIs.

I'm pretty new to this board, but it seems like people freak out when players go on little cold streaks. It's a long season. Those are going to happen.

He has one bad week and people freak out.  Those are the types that aren't suited for fantasy baseball.  

Eugenio will have cold streaks like everyone else, but he's been one of the best 3b in all of baseball so far.

Was more than a week. If we can't freak out in player threads, I don't wanna live in this world 

Hard to say here. He was clearly slumping, but he had also pretty much wiped out all the gains he had from 2016. It looked like his walk rate was up and his strikeouts were down and he might be improving as a player. But now the numbers are nearly identical, plus his grounders are up. so he might just be the same guy, more or less. Still has some value, even if he doesn't make gains. Or maybe it's just small gains rather than a leap forward. Still plenty of time to alter things

Hate when ya take a guy out of your lineup for a scheduled day off, then he come in and hits a pinch hit dong. Gonna need those stats. 

He was a hot bat the first 3 weeks... but...

Since April 24, 2017:

.245 AVG, .406 SLG, .161 ISO, 5 HR, 94 wRC+

He is who we thought he was. 

He's hitting 2nd today which is something I don't recall seeing at all this year. Does anyone think this sticks or is someone out of the lineup that I'm missing? I know Scooter isn't in there but he's sat plenty of times and I don't remember seeing Suarez in the 2 hole. FWIW he's started the 2nd half better than he left off in the 1st half. In 11 games since the break he's hitting .293/.356/.634 with 4 HR, 4 runs scored, and 6 RBIs. Could we see another hot streak like he had to begin the season?

1. Billy Hamilton (S) CF
2. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
4. Adam Duvall (R) DH
5. Patrick Kivlehan (R) LF
6. Devin Mesoraco (R) C
7. Scott Schebler (L) RF
8. Jose Peraza (R) SS
9. Arismendy Alcantara (S) 2B

37 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

He's hitting 2nd today which is something I don't recall seeing at all this year. Does anyone think this sticks or is someone out of the lineup that I'm missing? I know Scooter isn't in there but he's sat plenty of times and I don't remember seeing Suarez in the 2 hole. FWIW he's started the 2nd half better than he left off in the 1st half. In 11 games since the break he's hitting .293/.356/.634 with 4 HR, 4 runs scored, and 6 RBIs. Could we see another hot streak like he had to begin the season?

1. Billy Hamilton (S) CF
2. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
4. Adam Duvall (R) DH
5. Patrick Kivlehan (R) LF
6. Devin Mesoraco (R) C
7. Scott Schebler (L) RF
8. Jose Peraza (R) SS
9. Arismendy Alcantara (S) 2B

Think Cozart usually hits 2nd.

Hitting .405 with 5 HR, 15 RBI, 16 R, 1.387 OPS over the last 2 weeks. #1 on the Yahoo Player Rater over that span. This guy is historically streaky so hop on board while the train's rolling.

We like Suarez this week? ALL games at home were he has hit 20 of his 25 HR's

vs. STL, vs. BOS

If there's a time to play him it's now. Nothing in his underlying numbers suggests a meaningful change that will see him put up better stats than in the past, so I'm expecting the usual from him. But he is a historically streaky player who seems to thrive at home, so if you're gambling on catching him on a hot streak then now is the time.