Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

7 hours ago, spivey17323 said:

I feel like he's a must add in a keeper league. Scooped him about a week ago. Need this guy on my squad for years to come. Idc if he doesn't get the call until August.

I want to know what kind of keeper league you play in where Vlad Jr was unowned a week ago.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

I want to know what kind of keeper league you play in where Vlad Jr was unowned a week ago.

Was thinking the same thing. We have one NA slot in ours, and I've been stashing him since the middle of last year, and used a keeper slot on him this year. I'm somewhat aggressive with prospects, but never that level of aggressive - I think he's a once in a generation talent and that in any league that is not a redraft, he needs to be owned as of yesterday. 

Does he still have more HRs than Ks? 

8 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Was thinking the same thing. We have one NA slot in ours, and I've been stashing him since the middle of last year, and used a keeper slot on him this year. I'm somewhat aggressive with prospects, but never that level of aggressive - I think he's a once in a generation talent and that in any league that is not a redraft, he needs to be owned as of yesterday. 

Does he still have more HRs than Ks? 

I believe the stat was more walks than Ks and yes he does (14:13). He certainly has more Ks than HRs (13:7). Honestly, its surprising that he hasn't walked more  (8.9%). Cavan Biggio has had a good year, but I know I'd work around Guerrero and face Biggio as a pitcher.

1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

I believe the stat was more walks than Ks and yes he does (14:13). He certainly has more Ks than HRs (13:7). Honestly, its surprising that he hasn't walked more  (8.9%). Cavan Biggio has had a good year, but I know I'd work around Guerrero and face Biggio as a pitcher.

Are intentional walks or pitching around someone common in the minor leagues?  If the goal is to develop the pitcher, than wouldn't you rather have him face the tougher hitters?  If he's always walking the opponents best hitter, how does that help him take the next step?

3 hours ago, oswald737 said:

Extra base hits compared to K's is one stat that's been thrown around. He's now up to 23:13 in that one!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2018 at 10:17 AM, ReyesMurphyWright said:

Under normal circumstances, I would be totally with you.

But this isn't normal circumstances. Once in a great while there comes along a prospect so incredibly talented that he's simply transcendent. Think Alex Rodriguez in 1994-1995. 

The point is this. While we may both agree that the ceiling for Vlad is high in the sky, I would also argue that the floor for Vlad Jr. is much higher than you may think. There's simply no way that his hitting skills will not play up big at the major league level before too long (even if not immediately).

And then consider his age and that you have a chance (i.e. likelihood) to own a superstar who can provide you productivity for a full decade in his 20s.

I think the combination of his unlimited ceiling and high floor make him a top 10 asset in dynasty leagues right now (emphasizing long-term value over immediate value of course).

That's kind of my point - if I can get a young asset right now that is playing at an elite level on the major league level to help my team win for the next ten years, I certainly would pull the trigger.  Noting the fact that I love the kid, think he's going to be a stud etc.  

Anyone in 10 team or less redrafts stashing this kid at this point with the scarcity of talent at the 3b position this year? Im really tempted to make the add in the leagues that Im sitting in 1st 2nd or 3rd place

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone in 10 team or less redrafts stashing this kid at this point with the scarcity of talent at the 3b position this year? Im really tempted to make the add in the leagues that Im sitting in 1st 2nd or 3rd place

I grabbed him in a 10 team non keeper. I really have no idea if this is a good idea though. He’s just so damn good! Will hold as long as possible

6 hours ago, Bogey9906 said:

Extra base hits compared to K's is one stat that's been thrown around. He's now up to 23:13 in that one!

That's the one I was thinking of, XBH/K ratio being over 1.

Well Grey just had Vlad Jr in his "Buy" column, saying he'd be up by mid-June. Called him a generational player.

54 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Well Grey just had Vlad Jr in his "Buy" column, saying he'd be up by mid-June. Called him a generational player.

Do you have a link to that article? Can’t wait till he’s up. Been stashing him for weeks

20 minutes ago, Watermock said:

I love Razz, but as usual that doesn't really tel me anything useful regarding Vlad Jr. 

Nope. Just that the hype train is in full effect.

24 minutes ago, Watermock said:

I love Razz, but as usual that doesn't really tel me anything useful regarding Vlad Jr. 

What do you need to know?

I'd bet if he started this season at MLB level, he'd be right there in the running for a batting title. All we're doing in here is choking it to his stats and awaiting his imminent call-up, which industry heads now speculate is only a few weeks away. 

He's been ready. He should already be on your team unless you play in a super shallow league. What else is there to say?

Um...nothing, really. 

Like I said, I love Razz, but as always when I read a blurb on a player I barely take anything away that's overly useful. Just some funnys. 

28 minutes ago, moeron22 said:

What do you need to know?

I'd bet if he started this season at MLB level, he'd be right there in the running for a batting title. All we're doing in here is choking it to his stats and awaiting his imminent call-up, which industry heads now speculate is only a few weeks away. 

He's been ready. He should already be on your team unless you play in a super shallow league. What else is there to say?

Huh?

48 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Huh?

He would be among the AL leaders in batting average. AKA in the running for a batting title.

25 minutes ago, moeron22 said:

He would be among the AL leaders in batting average. AKA in the running for a batting title.

Image result for david stern water gifs

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Go ahead and laugh. Watch him come up and hit .330. He wouldn't be the first rookie to do it. You guys are caught up on his age; he's so advanced, it shouldn't even factor. 

80 hit tool. 

• Like 1

I like being aggressive on his hit tool. People who need to wait a full year to "see and believe", are generally dead money.

That being said i wouldnt project anyone at 330 ever. 300 alone is pretty aggressive for a teenager.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I like being aggressive on his hit tool. People who need to wait a full year to "see and believe", are generally dead money.

That being said i wouldnt project anyone at 330 ever. 300 alone is pretty aggressive for a teenager.

If you got it, flaunt it