Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

34 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I wonder if Soto getting the call will create some pressure for Toronto to call him up soon...

The Nats have a need and are very much in the push for playoffs.

The Jays are noticeably less so. Not completely out of it by a long shot, but there's certainly a difference in their situations.

14 hours ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Do you have a source on this?

Yes the GM Atkins said that is the plan but didn't say when it would happen

Azeri98 is right they keep saying those things...next step AAA. 

I am nervous with this management group but I hope Vlad JR and the Toronto media force their hand. 

Yep that is right ^ no matter what the blue jays management wants or says if he keeps performing he WILL be called up weather they want it or not!

Got a hit the next game of the double header so he is 5/5 so far today.

Wow, this guy is going head for head with my MLB The Show 17 Franchise Ken Griffrey whos batting near 440. 

That's really insane.

He's GOT to be pushing their buttons. I'm so glad I picked this dude up wherever available so that I don't have to be in the situation I was in when the Juan Soto news broke last night. 

He’s not even being challenged anymore. Ridiculous that he’s stuck playing against inferior competition. That’s not how you get better. His age should have nothing to do with it. 

Who would you even trade this dude for, aside from maybe the top handful of guys, lol

By late August is it more likely Vlad Jr is in Triple A or the majors?  I live in Rochester NY and the Bisons, Toronto's Triple-A affiliate, are coming to town August 28th through August 30th.  Would love to see him in person before he reaches the majors.

Personally I wouldn't promote Vlad until after April 15th 2019.  With or without Vlad Toronto is going no where.  I'm not giving up a year of service time on a potential MVP for a September call up.

Edited by Magnus88

12 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

By late August is it more likely Vlad Jr is in Triple A or the majors?  I live in Rochester NY and the Bisons, Toronto's Triple-A affiliate, are coming to town August 28th through August 30th.  Would love to see him in person before he reaches the majors.

Personally I wouldn't promote Vlad until after April 15th 2019.  With or without Vlad Toronto is going no where.  I'm not giving up a year of service time on a potential MVP for a September call up.

Hey, I live in Rochester too. I posted my prediction a page or too earlier so I’m expecting/hoping he gets promoted to Triple A soon (like tomorrow) and he’ll be in Rochester this coming weekend. 

3 minutes ago, ComericanPie said:

Who would you even trade this dude for, aside from maybe the top handful of guys, lol

There's no such thing right now as a serious offer in dynasty. The hype is mad -- like when LeBron's rookie cards were going for a grand in his rookie season. Nobody is going to offer Trout, Harper or Betts. I have him in a 16 teamer that feels like it will run for another 20 years. Arenado would be easy to turn down because his upside, frankly, isn't quite as GOATish. I guess the over/under guy is Correa, and I would struggle with having to say no. 

Call me stupid and I say, "yeah, I know" with the glazed eyes a hype junky. But current form puts him, for the time being, in his own tier. There's no rhyme or reason to how great it feels to own him. I'm sure Trout has bested 200 wRC+ over 180 PA. But he's never finished a season there as a pro. Vlad is well north as the youngest player in AA. If you're hoping to buy in dynasty, pray for a long long cold streak and then check your gut. If the offer doesn't make you want to throw up it won't be taken seriously.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Hey, I live in Rochester too. I posted my prediction a page or too earlier so I’m expecting/hoping he gets promoted to Triple A soon (like tomorrow) and he’ll be in Rochester this coming weekend. 

Even if not you guys are close enough to see him in Buffalo when he makes it there. It would be an excellent story.

Blue Jays sent Urena down today, no corresponding move has been announced as of yet.  Maybe?

13 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Blue Jays sent Urena down today, no corresponding move has been announced as of yet.  Maybe?

Need to know if this could happen. I think this could be the last chance to buy from a fantasy perspective.

7 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

Need to know if this could happen. I think this could be the last chance to buy from a fantasy perspective.

Blue Jays won't announce the corresponding move until Tuesday. Both the Jays and the Double A team have an off day tomorrow. Seems like a possibility.

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Blue Jays won't announce the corresponding move until Tuesday. Both the Jays and the Double A team have an off day tomorrow. Seems like a possibility.

Oh boy. Let the speculation insanity.... BEGIN!!

3 hours ago, meh2 said:

That’s not exactly  how it was worded. They said they’ll announce the decision BEFORE Tuesday’s game. Announcing it tomorrow is technically before Tuesday’s game.

Lot of speculation that it will be Devon Travis returning. He’s been hitting in AAA as of late. It can’t be Lourdes since he was sent down fewer than 10 days ago.

If by some chance it is Vlad Jr, I bet they announce it tomorrow to maximize ticket sales/viewership heading into Tuesday. I doubt it’s him, but I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Yeah, not holding my breath he'll get the call this week. But at least other teams are showing that you can win with the youngsters.