Gauthmann44

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B TOR

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

you have to understand they need to bring him up when hes on a hot streak, not slumping like he is

after going 4-4 on May 20th 1st game of the DH hes only 3-7 since then.  He needs more seasoning

3-7?

Boy, I'm intrigued to see how he breaks out of this bad slump now. 

• Haha 1

they are not winning anything this year, they are trying to develop a real baseball player not a fantasy player, it makes no sense to bring him up while Donaldson is here to DH half the time most DH's are older players because its very hard to sit for the whole game except for your 4 at bats, most guys hate doing it unless its the only way they can still play major league baseball, doing that to a 19 year is mismanagement, I would love to see him come up but not at the expense of him not playing 3b everyday

Dodgers were floundering around .500 last year , then they called Bellinger up and he sparked the team. You never know in baseball.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

Dodgers were floundering around .500 last year , then they called Bellinger up and he sparked the team. You never know in baseball.

They also didn't have the Yankees and Red Sox in their division - even if they start winning, they are gonna be hard pressed to finish above 3rd in their own division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

they are not winning anything this year, they are trying to develop a real baseball player not a fantasy player, it makes no sense to bring him up while Donaldson is here to DH half the time most DH's are older players because its very hard to sit for the whole game except for your 4 at bats, most guys hate doing it unless its the only way they can still play major league baseball, doing that to a 19 year is mismanagement, I would love to see him come up but not at the expense of him not playing 3b everyday

Not having him play 3b everyday initially would just take some pressure off him so he's ready to take over fulltime next year when Donaldson's gone.  Get the growing pains of being a rookie and adjusting to the offspeed stuff out of the way like the Braves did with Albies last year. Times have changed for MLB and it's being proven over and over that it's best to get these young top prospects up sooner rather than have them waste away talent at a lower level for years before getting the call.

• Like 1

Just get rid of Donaldson already, he’s a shell anyway... Isn’t it a forgone conclusion he’s gone? 

2 hours ago, RoadApple said:

Bellinger was brought 20 games into the season. The Dodgers were 9-11 with 9 of those losses coming at the hands of CHC, COL, and ARI. The Dodgers were also the favourites to win their division last year. Bellinger ended up taking over for Toles at LF before moving to 1B when Gonzalez got hurt.

We're now 48 games into this season and the Blue Jays are 23-25. In the month of May, they were 7-13 with 7 of the losses coming at the hands of OAK, TB, and NYM. The Blue Jays were expected to be miles behind the Red Sox and Yankees... at best hoping to fight for a wildcard spot. Currently at Vlad's 3B position is 2015 AL MVP Josh Donaldson.

I just think these are two completely different situations here. Yeah he could spark the team, but likely one bat won't change a whole lot. Really their pitching needs to improve if they want to compete, and that's something Vlad can't really help with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azeri98 said:

If they are not winning anything this year,  then bring him up mid June and let him play 3B everyday.  His defense won't matter for a non-playoff team.

Donaldson should no longer be a priority if they are not committed to him long term and he probably gets moved at some point soon if the losing continues.   

Josh can DH until then and hopefully stay healthy.

And how much can Vlad learn from facing major league pitchers this year that will help him next season.

Developing Vlad's bat should be a higher priority than his glove.

• Like 1

Another 2 hits with a BB, and a 2B tonight. 

What an embarrassment...this guy is going to hit .500 @ AA.

His steamer MLB projection (which is notoriously conservative for young players & minor leaguers) is .292/.356/.463 with a projected wRC+ of almost 120 (meaning at 19 he's ALREADY projected to be 20% better hitter than the average major leaguer).

Whether he gets called up anytime soon or not, the Blue Jays have an absolute offensive monster on their hands. I don't remember the  last time a freshly 19 year old player was this good/advanced of a hitter. Can you imagine what he's going to do to the league in 5-7 years from now?

.330+ 40+ 120+ seasons like his dad is probably going to be his floor in his prime.

• Like 1

Good grief. At the least, Blue Jays really should promote him to AAA... this is starting to get embarrassing for them. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, absknicks said:

Good grief. At the least, Blue Jays really should promote him to AAA... this is starting to get embarrassing for them. 

These words are posted every day. Every day. We should just pin it to the top of the forum. 

I'm convinced that he'll be up immediately after Super 2 requirements are met. No reason to move him to AAA just to uproot him again in a few weeks. Everyone wants to see this kid play in the majors, and the bottom line for the team is, well...the bottom line. He'll sell tickets. He'll make headlines. He'll be the darling of the league if he can get anywhere close to his MiLB numbers in the majors. Even if he falters he's still going to have people paying attention and waiting for him to break out. Given the potential for Vlad to become the top player in baseball, the Jays would be crazy not to ensure that they have control for as long as possible, but as soon as that's accomplished he'll get the call.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

you have to understand they need to bring him up when hes on a hot streak, not slumping like he is

after going 4-4 on May 20th 1st game of the DH hes only 3-7 since then.  He needs more seasoning

I mean seriously, the kid may be batting .400+ with more walks AND XBHs than Ks but he only has, what, 4 home runs? Much rather have a .200 hitter with 8 home runs in the DH spot.

22 minutes ago, collucho said:

I mean seriously, the kid may be batting .400+ with more walks AND XBHs than Ks but he only has, what, 4 home runs? Much rather have a .200 hitter with 8 home runs in the DH spot.

He has 8 Home Runs this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoadApple said:

He has 8 Home Runs this season

s--- man, what are they waiting for? 

Blue Jays want him around as long as possible. They aren't going to have who knows 500 million for him in 6-7 years

• Like 1

just hit another bomb. 2/3 today and up to .429 now 

• Like 5

It's a joke. The management has to make a move...at least promote to AAA. 

Donaldson gave this fan base a lot but he is not re-signing here he will be moved...i agree he is a " gamer " but if he was a TRUE gamer wouldn't he want to WIN?!!?!? Play some DH and get healthy. He hasn't been vocal about Vlad Jr but other players have 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

It's a joke. The management has to make a move...at least promote to AAA. 

Donaldson gave this fan base a lot but he is not re-signing here he will be moved...i agree he is a " gamer " but if he was a TRUE gamer wouldn't he want to WIN?!!?!? Play some DH and get healthy. He hasn't been vocal about Vlad Jr but other players have 

What have other players said about Vlad? 

2 for 4 today with another HR. SMH.

This guy should be in the majors setting age-related rookie records. He's already projected to be one of the better bats in the american league. I would be so pissed if my organization was holding me down this egregiously for their own monetary benefit. 

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

2 for 4 today with another HR. SMH.

This guy should be in the majors setting age-related rookie records. He's already projected to be one of the better bats in the american league. I would be so pissed if my organization was holding me down this egregiously for their own monetary benefit. 

This is what's wrong with the whole Super 2 thing anyway. It's a detriment to teams in the sense you can't even field your best team/players possible for fear of having to pay them what they're worthy a whole year earlier down the road. 

20 minutes ago, Watermock said:

What have other players said about Vlad? 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/stroman-legends-guerrero-jr-bichette-ready-help-blue-jays-now/

“I’m ready for Bo and Vladdy to be on the big-league roster, to be honest,” Stroman said. “I don’t think those guys should wait. I want them on my team. I think they can help us win.”

• Like 2

Good read over at SI published yesterday:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/24/vladimir-guerrero-jr-toronto-blue-jays

“He’s made the hardest thing in sports look easy,” says one veteran scout. “There’s a lot of wow factor.”

“I’m not sure where the ceiling is, but it’s exciting to think about,” says Blue Jays director of player development Gil Kim.

“He’s the best I’ve ever seen, hands down,” says Schneider, who has been managing in the minors for 10 years.

Last season Schneider managed Guerrero with Toronto’s High A team in Dunedin, Fla., and watched him hit .385/.483/.646 with six homers in 27 games. He so thoroughly demolished the opposition that it was an easy decision to advance him to Double A for 2018. That much tougher league hasn’t been any harder to figure out.

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Like 2