radioflyer9

Jonathan Lucroy 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, Big Tuna said:

wow from top 5 C to a part time player....didnt see this one commin

Not only that but some had him

as the top catcher.  Not sure I've seen anything like this 

when does texas come to their sense?  Does their offense have to come alive for Lucroy to get in?

I think something has happened and we've been seeing Lonathan Jucroy, Jonthan's evil twin.  Hopefully the real one comes around soon.

He can't be this bad, can he? He was one of the best catchers in the league just last year. I almost want to try and buy low on him because his value is so unbelievable low right now. It has to get better.

IF you can get him on the cheap I'd highly recommend it. Dude always hits and has a tendency to start slow and heat up. He didn't forget how to hit, it'll happen and he can carry you for weeks at a time when he runs hot.

Problem is his back up seems to be doing very well.  Not sure he will get the chance to fully heat up.

I was just looking over the catcher position so far on ESPN's Player Rater.  My God, what a wasteland it's been this year.  Brian freaking McCann is #1 overall, and there's not a single catcher that contributing much of anything.  I've seen some pretty decent fantasy GM's sometimes leave their catcher slot unoccupied for periods of time in order to use that roster spot for more production elsewhere, and maybe that's not such a bad strategy after all.

Mike Piazza, where have you gone?...

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu said:

I was just looking over the catcher position so far on ESPN's Player Rater.  My God, what a wasteland it's been this year.  Brian freaking McCann is #1 overall, and there's not a single catcher that contributing much of anything.  I've seen some pretty decent fantasy GM's sometimes leave their catcher slot unoccupied for periods of time in order to use that roster spot for more production elsewhere, and maybe that's not such a bad strategy after all.

Mike Piazza, where have you gone?...

Unless you can get a Posey, Sanchez, or Realmuto, I think you just try to find one who doesn't kill your average.

2 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Unless you can get a Posey, Sanchez, or Realmuto, I think you just try to find one who doesn't kill your average.

This is what we thought we were doing here

Just now, WahooManiac said:

This is what we thought we were doing here

Exactly my thought.  Hindsight is 20/20.  It used to be "Unless you can get a "Posey or a Lucroy..."

8 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Even those guys aren't doing a thing either.  I drafted Matt Wieters in the second to last round and he's been better than any of them.  I check periodically to see if there's someone better than Wieters I should be picking up and, nope.

I traded for him a couple days ago. I'm a believer. He's a "professional hitter" and his K rate is low. I seriously doubt he just fell off a cliff. He'll figure it out.BIPABIP

Call off the dogs:

He's in the 4 hole today batting clean up.

Last two weeks, he's hitting .290/.371/.484

i thought lucroy was going to be the no. 1 catcher this year, and i reached for him accordingly.  however, two months in he seems to be turning into one of my annual hitters who i start blindly every single day while refusing to acknowledge that he's killing me.  here's lucroy's line so far and his ranks amongst catchers only:

10 r - 30th  /  3 hr - 24th (t)  /  12 rbi - 25th (t)  /  134 ab - 10th

the low home-run total isn't shocking, but the 22 r / rbi feels noteworthy, given how consistent his career splits have been in those categories.  (heck, in week 6 the guy hit .435 (10-23) with 0 counting stats.)

as bad as lucroy's been, it's still not even june 1 yet.  will this correct itself or is there reason for concern?         

29 minutes ago, kirkcameron said:

i thought lucroy was going to be the no. 1 catcher this year, and i reached for him accordingly.  however, two months in he seems to be turning into one of my annual hitters who i start blindly every single day while refusing to acknowledge that he's killing me.  here's lucroy's line so far and his ranks amongst catchers only:

10 r - 30th  /  3 hr - 24th (t)  /  12 rbi - 25th (t)  /  134 ab - 10th

the low home-run total isn't shocking, but the 22 r / rbi feels noteworthy, given how consistent his career splits have been in those categories.  (heck, in week 6 the guy hit .435 (10-23) with 0 counting stats.)

as bad as lucroy's been, it's still not even june 1 yet.  will this correct itself or is there reason for concern?         

If a guy hits .435 with no counting stats then it might indicate the players around him suck. He has Odor behind him so pitchers don't have to even pitch to Lucroy to get to the automatic out

Got him for peanuts, has there been any word on if there's an injury or is he just pressing? I find it hard to believe he just sucks now.

5 hours ago, Chubbles said:

Got him for peanuts, has there been any word on if there's an injury or is he just pressing? I find it hard to believe he just sucks now.

I essentially traded Schwarber for Lucroy in a multi-player deal.

You know it's bad when you regret trading KS :lol:

He's only 30, a stable high average hitting catcher IN TEXAS. I have to imagine he heats up along side the weather.

He seems to be playing more regularly. He's hitting .301 with an OBP of .330 the last 30 days.  Counting stats aren't great but are things normalizing here and we might have a chance to get hot?