Fort4242

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

14 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Bright side is they might all be past their bye week when everyone else has issues

Yeah but the flip side is that if Parker (or any other skill player in the Miami-Bucs game) develops a lingering injury early, they won't have a week off to get right.  Lots of players finally get over a hammy or knee issue during their bye.  If the game is outright cancelled it's a downgrade to everyone on both teams, although it's too late for most of us to do anything about it.

Maybe it will still be played on neutral site.

I have winston and now will need to do a player for and qb for week1

4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Yeah but the flip side is that if Parker (or any other skill player in the Miami-Bucs game) develops a lingering injury early, they won't have a week off to get right.  Lots of players finally get over a hammy or knee issue during their bye.  If the game is outright cancelled it's a downgrade to everyone on both teams, although it's too late for most of us to do anything about it.

The game will not be outright cancelled. Both teams with play 16 games. The question is if they will play it at another location on this Sunday or if they will play it during their bye week in Miami. The game will not be outright cancelled. 

Miami already only had 7 games at home in Miami due to the London game. Take this one away and that would be 6. NFL will play it during the bye week. It is the most fair for the Dolphins in terms of home field advantage and revenue from the game. I know it sucks the players won't get their season bye during the season when they were suppose to. But the league use to play without bye weeks before. They will be fine.

12 hours ago, boltup15 said:

4th/5th round is too bullish. You can get guys like BMarsh, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitz, Crabtree, Diggs. Alshon in that range. Give me Diggs, Alshon, Crabtree, Fitz before Parker all day and it's not even close. Maybe Parker has this huge breakout with Cutler but remember Gase is the guy who limited Cutler's carelessness. He limited Tannehill last season and he's going to do the same thing this season where he'll rely heavily in the run game. 

If the o-line can protect Cutler and give him time, Cutler will be fine. 

In 2015, Cutler had a 42.6 passer rating under pressure and 99.8 when kept clean.

In 2016, Cutler had a 42.7 passer rating under pressure and 141.3 when kept clean. 

5 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

In 2015, Cutler had a 42.6 passer rating under pressure and 99.8 when kept clean.

In 2016, Cutler had a 42.7 passer rating under pressure and 141.3 when kept clean. 

Too bad he holds the ball too long and doesn't ever play for teams with good lines.  

Kind of ironic IMO, but Bears O-Line has improved dramatically in the last year and now is one of the best interior lines in the league and he won't be able to see the rewards of it after getting absolutely destroyed for like 6 straight seasons.  Edges still suck so they probably will still have defenders coming free blind side destroying the QB.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Too bad he holds the ball too long and doesn't ever play for teams with good lines.  

Kind of ironic IMO, but Bears O-Line has improved dramatically in the last year and now is one of the best interior lines in the league and he won't be able to see the rewards of it after getting absolutely destroyed for like 6 straight seasons.  Edges still suck so they probably will still have defenders coming free blind side destroying the QB.

Charles Leno just signed a four year extension and is far from a scrub. I agree the line hasn't been great but I don't consider the line changes to be quite that significant when dealing with Jay.  I don't think this dolphins line is a significant change to what Jay has had in Chicago for a number of years.

Fyi...

It's generally accepted that Cutler locks onto one receiver.  The numbers back it up.  His WR1 put up these numbers over the years playing with Cutler (ranks for WRs playing at least 9 games):

2007:   11.3 pts/game  (12th ranked fantasy receiver overall)

2008:   10.8 pts/game (8th)

2009:   11.7 pts/game (5th)

2012:   13.9 pts/game (2nd)

2013:   13.5 pts/game (5th)

2014:   10.9 pts/game (14th)*

2015:   11.6 pts/game (10th)

2016:   12.0 pts/game (6th)

*This was Alshon, when Marshall was injured.  Marshall put up 9.2 pts per game (24th) that year.

Each year except 2014, 2010 and 2011 (when the Bears had Johnny Know as their top receiver), Cutler has delivered a top 12 finish for his #1 receiver, and a top 5 three times.

13 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Fyi...

It's generally accepted that Cutler locks onto one receiver.  The numbers back it up.  His WR1 put up these numbers over the years playing with Cutler (ranks for WRs playing at least 9 games):

*This was Alshon, when Marshall was injured.  Marshall put up 9.2 pts per game (24th) that year.

Each year except 2014, 2010 and 2011 (when the Bears had Johnny Know as their top receiver), Cutler has delivered a top 12 finish for his #1 receiver, and a top 5 three times.

What are you trying to say about Johnny Knox <_<

This guy is gonna be a rock solid WR2 this year with some big games peppered in. Cutler is gonna find him down the field weekly. I'm excited.

1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

Fyi...

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Brandon Marshall is one of the best WRs of the last decade. 

11 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact that Brandon Marshall is one of the best WRs of the last decade. 

Parker has sky high potential himself. Unfortunately there's a floor we've seen before, from him and from a Jay Cutler that wasn't even that good at a younger age. I'd take him where he's going, but I wouldn't feel like I was getting a steal. This talk about reaching in the 3rd/4th round is poor value. 

1 hour ago, taobball said:

Charles Leno just signed a four year extension and is far from a scrub. I agree the line hasn't been great but I don't consider the line changes to be quite that significant when dealing with Jay.  I don't think this dolphins line is a significant change to what Jay has had in Chicago for a number of years.

I'll be honest, when I watch Bears games I don't focus on play of guards and lineman.  I only focus on lineman with my main NFL franchise - Houston Texans.

For all other teams I rely on PFF and what they say.  PFF tells me that...

Fifth might seem steep for Chicago, but at the moment there isn’t a better interior offensive line in the NFL. Left guard Josh Sitton, center Cody Whitehair, and right guard Kyle Long are all Pro Bowl-caliber players. The issues arise at tackle where Charles Leno and Bobby Massie have never proven themselves more than below average starters.

I've actually found serious fault with PFF when grading out Derek "the loser" Newton so I'm not saying they are 100% accurate, but I am saying this is my resource when it deals with line play and I'm just quoting them basically.

The Dolphins line currently as constructed is just as bad as the Bears line that Jay played with IMO.  This coupled with the fact that Jay holds the ball too long = I expect him to play to a similar level of bad as he has in Chicago.  Although the Gase years were some of his better ones there.

With regards to Parker, I'm sure he'll be great assuming he becomes the #1 target over Landry as many of us in the thread believe.  As poor as Jay plays from a football standpoint, his #1 feasts from a fantasy standpoint. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

1 hour ago, taobball said:

What are you trying to say about Johnny Knox <_<

He folds up like an accordion...

I joke now because he survived unparalyzed, but it was career ending and I was a fan of him

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'll be honest, when I watch Bears games I don't focus on play of guards and lineman.  I only focus on lineman with my main NFL franchise - Houston Texans.

For all other teams I rely on PFF and what they say.  PFF tells me that...

I've actually found serious fault with PFF when grading out Derek "the loser" Newton so I'm not saying they are 100% accurate, but I am saying this is my resource when it deals with line play and I'm just quoting them basically.

The Dolphins line currently as constructed is just as bad as the Bears line that Jay played with IMO.  This coupled with the fact that Jay holds the ball too long = I expect him to play to a similar level of bad as he has in Chicago.  Although the Gase years were some of his better ones there.

With regards to Parker, I'm sure he'll be great assuming he becomes the #1 target over Landry as many of us in the thread believe.  As poor as Jay plays from a football standpoint, his #1 feasts from a fantasy standpoint. 

Sure. They also called Leno the most improved Tackle in the 2016 season. Not that important just saying.

But I agree. Seems like we botht hink the Fins/Bears situations are similar in this regard. 

Edited by taobball

3 hours ago, nk3323 said:

too bad we'll have to wait until week 2 to see

at least its saving me the gut wrenching decision on whether to start parker or diggs week 1

Edited by hipriest69

4 hours ago, nk3323 said:

too bad we'll have to wait until week 2 to see

Thankfully this can work in your favor if one is looking to trade for him.

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

at least its saving me the gut wrenching decision on whether to start parker or diggs week 1

Same lol. I was leaning Diggs regardless but this made my decision a lot easier

9 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Probably can be said for another 31 starting qbs.

11 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Years 2014-2016 were Alshon, not Marshall.  And Marshall did nothing 2010 and 2011.  It wasn't all him.  It Had a lot to do with Cutler forcing long balls with reckless abandon high into double coverage for whichever big body receiver he gets in a bromance with that year.

Parker + Cutler + 2017 = Bromance

1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

Years 2014-2016 were Alshon, not Marshall.  And Marshall did nothing 2010 and 2011.  It wasn't all him.  It Had a lot to do with Cutler forcing long balls with reckless abandon high into double coverage for whichever big body receiver he gets in a bromance with that year.

Parker + Cutler + 2017 = Bromance

If it all goes according to plan, it could be really damn fun to watch. For all his faults, Cutler is an entertaining player. If he fires 135 targets Parker's way, it could be terrific. 

However, I'm not sold just yet that Landry is getting pushed aside. Remember, he has far outperformed Parker for 2 years straight now, and it's not because he's some savvy vet. He's only a couple years older than Parker. 

It feels like the public has made up their mind right now. Landry was Tannehill's type of WR. Parker is Cutler's type. I won't be surprised if it ends up being all hype though. Both Landry and Parker have their moments. Some good games back and forth, but neither of them ends up being a great player for your lineup for the entire season. 

1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

If it all goes according to plan, it could be really damn fun to watch. For all his faults, Cutler is an entertaining player. If he fires 135 targets Parker's way, it could be terrific. 

However, I'm not sold just yet that Landry is getting pushed aside. Remember, he has far outperformed Parker for 2 years straight now, and it's not because he's some savvy vet. He's only a couple years older than Parker. 

It feels like the public has made up their mind right now. Landry was Tannehill's type of WR. Parker is Cutler's type. I won't be surprised if it ends up being all hype though. Both Landry and Parker have their moments. Some good games back and forth, but neither of them ends up being a great player for your lineup for the entire season. 

tumblr_mvmbwkaQYS1roz7s1o1_400.gif

Edited by MBarbarian